Options

The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 2)

NorfolkBirdNorfolkBird Posts: 2,521
Forum Member
✭✭✭
jeremyc wrote: »
Are you sure about that?, I thought it started on the 5th September?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a158161/oliver-kent-series-producer-casualty.html

With the new series on the horizon, are you planning to introduce some new faces to the team?
"We are, yes. There'll be some new faces on screen in our opening two-parter over the weekend of September 12 and 13.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    So where getting a fair few new caracters I hope I like some of them as some of my favourites have left recently
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I still disagree with so many new characters. I'll end up forgetting their names! Haha, and won't it encourage the doctors to get even more time spent on them, the nurse's hardly get enough to do as it is :(

I think casualty's starting to go downhill now, I miss classic Casualty :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully the newbies will spice things up and give the show a fresh vibe. I remember when Stitch joined and people were happy. By the time he left, most were happy to see the back of him.

When Toby joined, there were a lot of negative comments about him. The vibe was much more positive when he left. Should have took Ruth with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Hopefully the newbies will spice things up and give the show a fresh vibe. I remember when Stitch joined and people were happy. By the time he left, most were happy to see the back of him.

When Toby joined, there were a lot of negative comments about him. The vibe was much more positive when he left. Should have took Ruth with him.

I like Ruth alot more now she is with jay i hope she sticks around for a while
  • Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 12 September
    8.10-9.00pm BBC ONE

It is Adam's first day as clinical lead and he's determined to continue the legacy of success left by Jordan, as a new series of the popular medical drama begins. Eight new juniors arrive and Adam jumps at the chance to do some team building. However, some recruits are more enthusiastic than others.

Eager to impress on their first day, the newcomers are keen to go on a call with Adam, but Heather is the one who secures her place. As they head out, Yuki, May and Lenny are left behind. In their eagerness to impress, they cause chaos and are ordered out.

Meanwhile, Adam and Heather arrive at a deserted shopping centre where they are directed to a woman named Ella by security guard Lee. Ella is trapped in an industrial-sized fan.

Adam, Heather, Ella and her boyfriend, Dans, are in more danger than they know. Mr Tweedie, the centre owner, believes the place is deserted and has set up an explosive device to destroy the building.

The team hears a rumble and a fireball engulfs them...

Day and time to be confirmed BBC ONE (This will probably be shown on the Sunday night.)

As members of the group trapped in the shopping centre start to regain consciousness, Jeff and Polly lead them to safety, in the second part of the explosive series-opener of the medical drama. However, Adam is worried when he can't find Heather and insists on staying behind to search for her. He eventually frees Heather from some rubble but soon realises that he, Ella and Heather are trapped; he doesn't know the way out.

Jeff and Lee slip back into the building, without Dixie and Polly noticing. Jeff wants to rescue the remaining three. Lee has been injured during their escape, though, leaving Adam, Heather and Ella to tend to him while Jeff tries to find help. Jeff, however, collapses on his way out. When no help comes Lee realises that their only chance is to try to climb up the lift shaft to safety. A petrified Heather, though, is too slow, and Adam can only dive for cover when flames engulf her...

Back at the Emergency Department (ED), Jessica is fraught when she realises Adam is trapped inside and sets about organising the F2s, who are overwhelmed by the volume of casualties.

As Adam arrives back at the ED he is inconsolable; it's his first day as clinical lead and he feels as if he has failed at the first hurdle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first two episodes sound amazing! :D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They sound great :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Hoorah so Adam lives! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/casualty/

Looks really fantastic!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Not long now until the new series, Squeeee! They sound amazing! I have some catching up to do after missing quite a bit of Casualty :D

I'm up to Episode 4 of Series 17 now on youtube :)
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I can't wait.
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds dull. Haven't they done something like this before? Like every series? I'm sure there has been the climbing up a lift shaft storyline before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    towards the end of the bbc clip was that toby?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    mrmcc76 wrote: »
    towards the end of the bbc clip was that toby?

1.44....it was...hmmmm....interesting!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh it was :)
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for the new season of Casualty too begin it is going too be awesome :)
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just checked BBC Press Office and saw a bit of a spoiler.
    One of the 4 new med students, the one played by Georgia Moffett does not make it past the first two episodes. It seems she dies unexpectedly on the job. There is also mention of a character named Ben.
    ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i just read that it was confirmed in the following weeks spoilers.
    Pity i was actually looking forward to her being part of the show liked her in the bill.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Love the title of the opening story - Dawn of the ED.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    samusek2 wrote: »
    I just checked BBC Press Office and saw a bit of a spoiler.
    One of the 4 new med students, the one played by Georgia Moffett does not make it past the first two episodes. It seems she dies unexpectedly on the job. There is also mention of a character named Ben.
    ;)
    Ah, I love when shows do that. They cast a 'name' only to kill them off.

Maybe it's a little overdone these days as it happens quite often.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to seeing her as a regular character too :(
  • Options
    jasperqmjasperqm Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    If you go to BBc press office

you can see spoiler for 19th September does sort of tell you who returns for mire than two episodes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/tv/2009/wk38/sat.shtml
  • Options
    Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I was looking forward to seeing her as a regular character too :(

Me too, was going to start watching the show again as she was cast.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Can't wait :D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.