Steve Brookstein tweeting about JLS & Jedward

Comments

• -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    River_Tam wrote: »
    A real person who really is possibly the nicest, happiest, smiliest, bubbliest person in the world (yeah - John is occasionally moody)

Exactly. I have to say that moody John is my favourite though :o But I'm not sure he would have dealt as well as Edward. He probably would've swore at least :p
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    at least he can sing and I don't think Jedward would be too pleased about some of the abuse their fans are sending Steve's way

I agree with that but I dont think 2 wrongs make a right.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I agree with that but I dont think 2 wrongs make a right.

making a joke about someone falling over is a totally different kettle of fish to wishing someone's child harm, sending them death threats and accusing them of being a paedophile
    Forum Member
    making a joke about someone falling over is a totally different kettle of fish to wishing someone's child harm, sending them death threats and accusing them of being a paedophile

I completely agree, and I don't think there's any denying that. But Steve continuously makes these comments knowing that's the reaction he'll get - he obviously enjoys getting some form of attention, seeing as he isn't getting any from record labels.

Anyway, I've just seen Lucie's tweet to J&E :) That was kind of her, I don't think any of the other XF lot have.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Steve is a grown man and the people he is "fighting with" are mostly young teenagers "in love" .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at least he can sing and I don't think Jedward would be too pleased about some of the abuse their fans are sending Steve's way

The twins sing perfectly perfectly well enough thank you, if you actually bother to listening to them properly.

And to be honest I'd rather nice people with poor singing voices any day of the week. :p
    Forum Member
    I think it's also because Steve doesn't back down - I saw a tweet from Example yesterday saying the highlight of his day was Edward "breaking his leg" (I know that isn't what happened but he must have thought it was) and he got a few angry replies, but responded saying he was only joking.
    Steve, on the other hand, thrives off the angry replies and wants to wind people up even more, so it's not surprising that he gets such horrible tweets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twins sing perfectly perfectly well enough thank you, if you actually bother to listening to them properly.

And to be honest I'd rather nice people with poor singing voices any day of the week. :p

just a shame a lot of their fans aren't nice and BTW I've listened to the noises that they make and it definately isn't singing
    Forum Member
    just a shame a lot of their fans aren't nice and BTW I've listened to the noises that they make and it definately isn't singing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcY0OqwTX6Q .. Really? Sounds like singing to me. Guitar playing too :)
    It's not amazing singing, but I've not seen anyone claim that they have perfect voices.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member

I completely agree but Steve just seems to go on all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The vast majority of their fans are some of the best people I've ever chatted to. Seriously an amazingly great, friendly and funny bunch of people. So much new friends on twitter and the internet this past year, it's actually stunning how many people have made absolutely amazing friendships out of being fans of these boys.

You clearly need your ears testing, cos it sounds like singing to me - not Beyonce level warbling, but singing. They do POP singing.

All done on a laptop, all by themselves, video and everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5r67c-0i9Q
    They have talent they are just really new to everything.
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately these days, with internet anonymity, basically, any member of the public can make any disgraceful comment they wish to anybody and get away with it. Many anti-Jedward comments on youtube or facebook fall into this category. Not that that makes over the top comments to SB acceptable. It doesn't, but, it's the norm these days.

The majority of Jedward fans are GREAT people - friendly, helpful and funny. However in any group of people you're going to find some individuals who, for whatever reason, you don't get on with.

By now, SB is perfectly well aware that the more he provokes Jedward fans, or in fact any x factor acts - he has a down on the entire concept, not just Jedward, the more outlandish comments he will receive.

You might well ask yourself, if it is so upsetting to him, why does he keep on doing it?

I've drawn my own conclusions. I leave you to draw yours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the comments left on their youtube channel make me wanna cry or hit people or at least delete them before the twins can see them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the comments left on their youtube channel make me wanna cry or hit people or at least delete them before the twins can see them.

I know - some of those youtube comments are just awful. Also the hate groups on facebook. I'm sure the twins have seen them, they do google themselves we know.

Makes the comments made to SB seem really trivial in comparison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm sure they've seen it all.
    I really wish they hadn't :'(

Especially as all they did was post a video up that they made for their fans to watch. Not slagged someone off or anything.

But as John wisely pointed out people bully other people when they are intimidated by them for being different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    I know - some of those youtube comments are just awful. Also the hate groups on facebook. I'm sure the twins have seen them, they do google themselves we know.

Makes the comments made to SB seem really trivial in comparison.

What telling him they wished his child got hurt or calling him a pedophile
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yeah. the comments on their youtube channel are actually a LOT worse than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

MUCH worse.

You really don't want to know.
    Forum Member

Seriously, some of the YouTube comments are awful.
    You don't seem to realise that nobody on this thread is praising those who are horrible to Steve on Twitter. But the fact is, he asks for it and clearly enjoys getting a rise out of J&E fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might buy Steve a present though, which one do you think he'd like Welwynrose?
    http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/jedward/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one here is saying those comments to Steve are OK, but he's wound fans up before and he knows what it stirs up, he keeps going there - so clearly he enjoys it.

Whereas John & Edward were a bit naive and innocent about a lot of stuff. But they've certainly had their eyes opened a bit now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might buy Steve a present though, which one do you think he'd like Welwynrose?
    http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/jedward/

I'm sure he'd actually appreciate the joke - Team Jedward for Steve, definitely!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    I'm sure he'd actually appreciate the joke - Team Jedward for Steve, definitely!!

That's the one I was thinking to be honest. I think he should twitpic himself wearing it. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one here is saying those comments to Steve are OK, but he's wound fans up before and he knows what it stirs up, he keeps going there - so clearly he enjoys it.

Whereas John & Edward were a bit naive and innocent about a lot of stuff. But they've certainly had their eyes opened a bit now.

I just don't understand why people respond to his comments if they don't like what he says people say stuff on Twitter that I don't like or disagree with but I rarely respond and I wouldn't respond with abuse
    Forum Member
    I just don't understand why people respond to his comments if they don't like what he says people say stuff on Twitter that I don't like or disagree with but I rarely respond and I wouldn't respond with abuse

The exact same thing could be said for people who fill up J&E's YouTube videos with vile, hateful comments, and Steve for that matter - he may not like J&E or agree with what they do, so why does he keep going on about them rather than just leaving them to it?