Options

Corrie: is Connie Rathbone Staying?

alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
Forum Member
I assumed she'd be leaving once Jack died, but she's not down as a departing character on the wikipedia cast and characters list?

I'd love it if she stayed

Comments

• Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why would she stay in Weatherfield when she was rich?
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    why would she stay in Weatherfield when she was rich?

The same reason Archie stayed in Albert Square...There is a pub she can spend her time in. Its all the rage with rich folks these days.
  • Options
    MandyBudMandyBud Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    The same reason Archie stayed in Albert Square...There is a pub she can spend her time in. Its all the rage with rich folks these days.
    Bit of a difference. Archie was a master manipulator who had something to gain from swapping riches for rags so let's not pretend he just decided Albert Square was a more attractive prospect than his large house. It was where his family are who he so desperately wanted power over. Connie on the other hand has no reason to stay on the cobbles.
  • Options
    JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not, that mole on her or whatever makes me cringe.
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they wrote her as being rich. She's Corrie character through and through I think. Proved her comic timing in Early Doors.
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe she's not really rich now, and she's lost it all gambling with jack!
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She might just pop up now and again in the series, like visiting Tyrone and the baby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I thought she moves in with Tyrone later on, thats what I read on here?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice to see her stay, even if just does what she does now and pops in and out every once in a while. I could see her staying and keeping an eye on Tyrone once Molly leaves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She always spoke about being bored in that house on her own and she was more than happy to spend time on the street. So yeah, it's believable she'd return regularly to see Tyrone and baby Jack. Maybe she'll even get a little job to keep herself busy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuteBanana wrote: »
    She always spoke about being bored in that house on her own and she was more than happy to spend time on the street. So yeah, it's believable she'd return regularly to see Tyrone and baby Jack. Maybe she'll even get a little job to keep herself busy.

A random and silly thought... Liz is leaving, so maybe Steve will sell the Rovers and millionaire Connie will buy it as a tribute to Jack and live in the flat above with Tyrone running the pub after falling out with Kevin over the affair and baby.
  • Options
    gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember where she came from - can anyone help?
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gv6l wrote: »
    I can't remember where she came from - can anyone help?
    Didn't she and Jack bond over pigeons, over something? I can't really remember.
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    DS2006 wrote: »
    A random and silly thought... Liz is leaving, so maybe Steve will sell the Rovers and millionaire Connie will buy it as a tribute to Jack and live in the flat above with Tyrone running the pub after falling out with Kevin over the affair and baby.

like the idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could Connie work as a landlady? I don't see why not. She could still have one or two "brassy barmaids" to give it that oomph. And I don't see why she wouldn't keep on Steve and Becky.

I actually think it would be quite lovely. Emmerdale have Diane, who's no Liz or Peggy. So I don't see why a character like Connie couldn't be made landlady. Trouble is she might be too much of a peripheral character, with her only interest in the street being Jack.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the actress want to be full time on the street though?
  • Options
    Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    They have given Connie a few scenes with Emily and Rita so they could be trying to integrate her into the street.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I would prefer her to live above the pub and bring Ken with her to run the place:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I would prefer her to live above the pub and bring Ken with her to run the place:)

Oooh, yes, let's have John (?? what's the actor called) in Corrie, I love him :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, yes, let's have John (?? what's the actor called) in Corrie, I love him :D

John Henshaw could be the next Fred Elliot;)
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    John Henshaw could be the next Fred Elliot;)

Best idea I've heard for ages :)
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I had high hopes for Connie but she's been a bit of a non-event for me, and if that lisping moron from Early Doors joins, I shall be very very very very very very very pissed off. CANNOT STAND HIM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I had high hopes for Connie but she's been a bit of a non-event for me, and if that lisping moron from Early Doors joins, I shall be very very very very very very very pissed off. CANNOT STAND HIM

Are we talking about the same person:confused:
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Are we talking about the same person:confused:

The landlord from Early Doors - also Emma's rich bragging Dad from Royle Family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    The landlord from Early Doors - also Emma's rich bragging Dad from Royle Family.

He doesn't lisp does he:confused: