Will Smith slammed by Fresh Prince of Bel Air co-star

poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/12/27/will-smith-slammed-by-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-co-star-115875-23662606/

:eek: I used to love this show. I'm really shocked that Will Smith was up his own ass !

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link isn't working for me however -- does it surprise you because he always came across a bit arrogant.. LOVE the guy.. but he was a successful kid bound to get to his head.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While it would not surprise me if he was (and still is) a bit arrogant, I think this woman has been utterly discredited. She's spent the last twenty or so years attacking the show, its main star and the rest of its cast. I don't think any of the other cast members have a problem with him, but they definitely don't seem to support Aunt Vivian #1. I think she's the troublesome one, not Will.

Even if she can't make up, she should probably shut up ... it's getting old.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't she the Aunt Viv who was given the heave ho because she was a pain in the arse?
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    giving that most of the cast were together recently I would take what this person says with a pinch of salt, a bitter ex employee that cant get over being replaced comes to mind
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been saying this crap for YEARS. Move on woman people change and there were reports she was a pain to work with herself.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,147
    Forum Member
    What I don't get is why she thinks it matters if she wants a reunion or not she was replaced during the run so obviously with any reunion they'd just use the viv they like
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton) says in this video that she was a pain and mentally unstable.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the link.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/12/27/will-smith-slammed-by-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-co-star-115875-23662606/

Not sure who to believe here. Will's not exactly modest, but don't know who's telling the truth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackboy18 wrote: »
    Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton) says in this video that she was a pain and mentally unstable.

Well he's not exactly free of arrogance.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's clear that both of them are a**holes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thoguth she got pregnant during the series?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Will was arrogant during the show...his son Jaden gives out those exact same vibes.

But she can't still be playing the same record 20 years on...people are tired, and I suspect that she is very bitter having been fired from one of the biggest TV shows at that time for breaking her contract.

We don't know the whole story, but I suspect there is truth on both sides...and anyhow, the show wasn't affected by her departure.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be inclined to side with Will, the fact that he was at a recent reunion of the cast suggests that the only one who had a problem with him was her. Did the second Aunt Vivian get on well with him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to side with Will, the fact that he was at a recent reunion of the cast suggests that the only one who had a problem with him was her. Did the second Aunt Vivian get on well with him?

Or that they all kissed his backside?
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

They're long out of the show now, if he was such a monster, one of them is bound to say something.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

Or that this woman is the one with issues? I think it's highly likely that Will Smith was a pain sometimes, but Janet is coming across as having a bad case of sour grapes over something that she should have gotten over years ago. It could also be a publicity seeking excercise on her part - a case of 'slag off the 'A' Lister to get back on the radar'!
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a video interview with Janet Hubert, who says Will Smith was immature and bossy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Or that this woman is the one with issues? I think it's highly likely that Will Smith was a pain sometimes, but Janet is coming across as having a bad case of sour grapes over something that she should have gotten over years ago. It could also be a publicity seeking excercise on her part - a case of 'slag off the 'A' Lister to get back on the radar'!

I'm not saying she didn't for certain, just that I hope he wasn't being malicious about her in his speech. Talking about the fella with the microphone.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    non story.

Everything centred around him, if there was no him, there was no show.

Everybody had to kiss his backside.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    I thoguth she got pregnant during the series?

She did and apparently her getting pregnant breached her contract. They wrote her pregnancy into the show.
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched a documentry years ago and it detailed how troublesome Aunt Viv 1 was. Didn't she try and sue for unfair dismissal or something?

I don't particularly like Will Smith but I know he remained friends with Tatyana Ali and as someone else said, it was his show.

She's hardly got anything concrete has she?

"Oooh Will Smith was a bit bossy when 'e woz younger" - tell it to the judge :rolleyes:
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame that all of that happened because she was easily the better Aunt Viv, the only one with a real character to her. That's one reason why I like the first 3 series' more than the last 3. At the start of one of the later series there's a gag where Will says to the new actress 'so, you're playing the Mom this year?' lol.

You can't blame the actress for being somewhat bitter and Will must have been pretty arrogant at the time, but you can easily forgive them both over their behaviour, though I doubt it would be easy for them to do the same face to face.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame that all of that happened because she was easily the better Aunt Viv, the only one with a real character to her. That's one reason why I like the first 3 series' more than the last 3. At the start of one of the later series there's a gag where Will says to the new actress 'so, you're playing the Mom this year?' lol.

Yeah I remember the gag!

And I completely agree, the second Aunt Viv wasn't much cop. They didn't do a great job at re-casting the role did they? The second actress seemed much older and it didn't look right that she had a young baby!
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I side with Will. We have heard of her troubles and 20 years on, she's still bitter about it.

What happened to the actor who played Carlton? Legend!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I side with Will. We have heard of her troubles and 20 years on, she's still bitter about it.

What happened to the actor who played Carlton? Legend!

Lol Jackboy linked a clip to him earlier.

IMO Carlton should have been the Hollywood star, not Will!