Options

Your First memory of Soap?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
for me - it was when Sarah Platt was kidnapped by some guy in 2001 or when Ken was a teacher and punched Aidan in Corrie.

Comments

• Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my first was when kevins gf in corrie ran into the road and got hit by a truck
  • Options
    Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first is Eastenders when Tanya buried Max.
  • Options
    KNs47KNs47 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Benson the butler!
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Crossroads Benny's crush on Miss Diane. Also Den and Angie in Eastenders.
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    I always remember Arthur's heart attack on the allotment. I even remember talking about it in before school started in the classroom when I was in Year 6 and trying to re-enact it. Oh dear. How sad :s
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Corrie in b/w with my mum :)
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember seeing Peggy in like 2001, when I was like 2 at my nans!

I remember seeing Ruby Allen, but never really paying attention.

And I really liked an episode based on Libby, Chelsea, Denise, Owen, etc... And Ian and Jane, Dot and Jim and that were in it!;)

I started watching properly around the time when Martin, Sonia and Rebecca left, just after Pauline died, and I fell in love!
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    The Cedar Tree sometime in the mid 70s when I was off school.

I also clearly remember watching the first episode of Dallas which would have been about 1979.

I then watched nearly all the others right from the start (Knots Landing, Dynasty, Brookside, EastEnders, Hollyoaks, Sons a,d Daughters, Neighbours, Home and Away, Casualty, Holby City) and started watching Corrie, Crossroads and emmerdale when I was 9 or 10 so circa 1980.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I vaguely remember Peyton Place on ITV at teatime, and later was Crossroads.
    I remember wondering what a 'Motel' was!?
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wobbly set in Crossroads
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compact.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I think my first memory was Bet Gilroy meeting Alec's grand-daughter at some posh event in a big house and Bet's cheap high heels kept breaking.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Wyezed wrote: »
    Compact.

Wow - that is going back!

Actually I forget about Angels - I certainly watched that from the start and must have been very young. Loved Triangle as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Phil and Grant in the Arches , one was under a car I think. Its either that or the slaters turning up in a van
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was watching Neighbours, I think the early 90s. Someone was on a ladder and fell off it while shouting TIMBER.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is Sharon gate, I was 5. I had no comprehension of the storyline, just remember the Mitchell brothers fight and Phil ending up bleeding in the pit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Martha Longbottom dying in the snug at the Rovers Return. They didn't play the music at the end. I also remember Harry Hewitt dying when he was changing the tyre on a car and the jack gave way and it crushed him. And I remember them all thinking that Elsie Tanner was a bit racy when she had a pink bathroom suite fitted.

I am very old.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first episode of Eastenders. I would only have been 6 years old but the early years of EE were brilliant.

Brookside, Emmerdale Farm, Crossroads and Coronation St were already on but I remember EE making a big impact on me from that young an age as it seemed really gritty compared to CS, ED and Crossroads. I don't think I properly watched Brookside until the late 80s, I dipped in and out of Emmerdale until just before they dropped the Farm in the late 80s which was when I started watching it more closely, I started properly watching CS in about 1986 as I remember the Rovers fire and Kevin (complete with 'tache) rescuing Bet Lynch & Crossroads was on in the background but I didn't pay much attention to the storylines. By the time I started to take interest they axed it in 1988.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ernie Bishop getting shot on Corrie
  • Options
    Knives326Knives326 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Mine is either the storyline where Bet and Alec had an alsatian in the Rovers which Alec was fearful of the scene or Alan Bradley using Rita as a punchbag.

Not sure which came first.
  • Options
    rosiedevonrosiedevon Posts: 7,707
    Forum Member
    The first ever episode of corrie with Ena Sharples in the corner shop.

Not watched corrie for years now. Didn't like the Les and Janice and when that other horrible family moved in across the road I stopped watching.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Watching the Sullivans with my Nana, and also probably the truck wit the scaffolding crashing into to Rovers and Tracy Barlow being buried in her pushchair under the wreckage.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I saw the very first episode of Corrie back in December 1960. My parents wouldn't watch anything like that but I happened to catch it at a friend's house. I remember horrible Annie Walker the original Rover's landlady, Amy Turtle and Ena Sharples, and of course Ken Barlow: good looking then and good looking now!! I also used to watch Crossroads when it was on at lunchtimes when I was married some years later. Never liked Meg Richardson. I don't expect it would be PC for soaps to portray characters like Benny these days.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat & Alfie's love story,
    Killer Corrie with Richard Hillman,
    Home Farm explosion,

Plus Emmerdale titles with the sweeping shots over the countryside with black & white shots over the credits.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susannah's death in Brookside. My mum was watching at the time.
    Also Jennifer Ellison