Sinister

nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry If there is another thread on this fillm.. couldn't find one

I'm not normally a wuss with horror films but got 30 minutes into this and just felt really uneasy and had to switch it off:o

have read the full synopsis on IMDB now so not sure whether its worth me watching it in full....

anyone else seen the film

Comments

• Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,075
    Forum Member
    I've seen it. Read a review on it and someone put it perfectly; it's a psychological horror- not a jump one. Sure there's the odd jump scene but I get the feeling the writers wanted people to be scared AFTER they left the cinema. For example a small bit that I barely noticed when watching but freaked me out for days;
    When Mr.Boogy turns his head on the computer monitor (baring in mind I didn't see the trailer)

I hate horror movies, not because I'm scared of them but usually I find them predictable and craply made, however I did enjoy Sinister in the sense it made me uneasy- what you want from a flick!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you should watch it!

I saw it at the cinema and wasn't too scared by it at the time, but then for days afterwards certain parts of it kept replaying in my mind. It had the same effect on my friend; we both think it's one of those films that kind of drags you in so you're watching it quite acceptingly at the time, and it's only afterwards that you think, "Jesus, that was actually horrendous!"
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps I will give it another try during the day! don't think it helped last night that I was probably a bit tired so probably made me feel more edgy than I normally would be! I got as far as him just about to start watching the second film... I just shouted at my hubby no turn it off turn it off! wuss!
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think you should give it another chance. I really enjoyed this movie. Probably one of the best horrors of 2012 for me. I do think it gets a little more disturbing as the movie goes on but to be fair I liked that. It really added to the tension so I didn't get bored with any of it.

I'll put this bit in spoilers incase you don't wanna know. It doesn't really spoil the movie, it's just something I wish they had went along with
    I really liked how when he viewed the first and second reel, it just seemed like a normal film, but then it cut suddenly into a murder. But when he views more and more reels they cut that out and they really just depict murders. I thought that lost a bit of the disturbing atmosphere.
  • MacLovinMacLovin Posts: 2,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was total shite.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    MacLovin wrote: »
    I thought it was total shite.

Plus 1
    whEn the kids start turning shushing I just though FFS more kids as ghosts :rolleyes:now even moree annoying by shushing all the time WTF

I wanted to like it i really did but i just didt big letdown for me same as all the other crap we have been getting lately
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I really liked it. I'm not one for horror films but Ethan Hawke was a big draw for me as I really like his work. I thought the structure of the film was very well thought out and it kept me guessing throughout. Well worth watching if you ask me :)
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed Sinister.

It surprised me as it wasn't predictable & I thought the ending was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Sinister.

It surprised me as it wasn't predictable & I thought the ending was great.

me too

also i was scared too
    when the boogy man turned his head on the computer screen :eek:
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Sinister, it's a slightly different twist on the "found footage" genre and has some very decent performances from it's core cast. Does go a bit off the boil towards the end, but overall very creepy and effective.
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    me too

also i was scared too
    when the boogy man turned his head on the computer screen :eek:

i taped this when it came on tv and watched it now..

some cut scenes from tv :(
    The boogy man on pc screen

also
    some one mentioned about a lawnmower scene ( running over someone's head :o)
    that was also cut from the tv version :( I thought i was going mad with the last scene, no wonder if they edited off
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's good. Not your run-of-the-mill horror.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was very good.
    The only thing that I think let it down a little is that near the end it felt more like the director decided to abandon restraint and instead throw lots of cliches from a box of tricks at the viewer.
    It didn't necessarily make it a bad film, it's just that it was distracting, and the consideration and care that went into the film before that felt like it just vanished.

It's a good film though which I'd recommend to anybody.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

some cut scenes from tv :(
    The boogy man on pc screen

To cut that scene is ridiculous.
    That's when censorship gets in the way too much of art.
    Forum Member
    To cut that scene is ridiculous.
    That's when censorship gets in the way too much of art.

if i didn't watch it on dvd and refer back to this thread, i wouldn't even know about it..I forgot about that scene anyway :(
  • Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like this movie , I find this movie to slow , I remember that was nodding off in cinema
    when I went to see.

I not sure what to make of the upcoming sequel
    I thing they far to much in the sinister 2 trailer
    Forum Member
    Just double checking that i have the right film thread :o:blush:

i sorry, but i am getting totally mixed up with Insidious :D

I watched Insidious last week( weekend), and i thought the scenes i put in spoilers was from Sinister film :blush:

I have watched
    Insidious
    Sinister
    Dark Skies

and all 3 films are similar :D and getting them mixed up :o

I just looked through my library of films that i recorded and have Insidious and Sinister on there that i taped from tv---so no wonder i didn't see the spoiler i done on it :D
    so i shall watch Sinister soon :D