How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I have a Konad set from Amazon, it's great. Really easy too :)

Thanks I will take a look at them. :) Do you have the special stamping varnish?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Thanks I will take a look at them. :) Do you have the special stamping varnish?

Yeah I got one of the starter sets and it came with 3 of their varnishes. Have tried it with normal polish and it seems to work pretty well too.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    I bought a Revlon polish in Poundland today - Posh Pink. I also bought Barry M's Silvery Lilac in Superdrug's 3 for 2 (with two lip sticks).
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was previously disparing of my barry m black multi glitter but in the sunshine this week it has looked amazing :) I can't stop looking at it.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought two China Glaze neons today - Pool Party (really bright fluorescent pink) and Beach Cruise-r (no idea about that hyphen! - a bright purple). I'm doing French tips in the bright pink.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone recommend a brand that has a wide brush? TIA :)
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I got one of the starter sets and it came with 3 of their varnishes. Have tried it with normal polish and it seems to work pretty well too.

Barry M Foil Nail Effects polishes in gold and in silver are really good for stamping. From what I've read, anything else that's opaque in one coat will do too. I might invest in a special polish in black one day, but a Models Own polish that I've got in black seems to be doing the job perfectly adequately for now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    orangebird wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a brand that has a wide brush? TIA :)

Rimmel Pro has quite a wide flat brush. Opi also has something called a Pro-wide brush, not sure if it's in all their bottles or just some colours, but it's in all the ones I've bought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Rimmel Pro has quite a wide flat brush. Opi also has something called a Pro-wide brush, not sure if it's in all their bottles or just some colours, but it's in all the ones I've bought.

Cheers!
    Forum Member
    I sold one of my Gosh Holographics on eBay and instead bought a Layla Hologram. It is so much prettier. It is holographic in most lights and the holographic effect is much stronger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://yfrog.com/gyjdmurj

Not an excellent photo as it was taken on my phone, but here are mine and my mum's nails all ready for the Jubilee.

I've used Barry M in 292 Navy, Ciate Paint Pots in Mistress 039 Red & an Avon Nail Experts French Manicure White.

My mum has used a Union Jack nail wrap that she bought from Amazon.
    I love them! Planning on doing St George's cross for the Euros, then back to red, white and blue in time for the Olympics :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost post
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Dear I've completely cracked and had a serious nail polish splurge.

In fairness I've been saving and its technically my early birthday present to myself ended up having a spree on Nails Inc stuff on QVC hadn't intended to but was feeling down and thought well I need cheered up so my resolve went out the window.

Have acquired another 15 bottles this week in fairness this is over 3 different sets with another set of 4 bottles on advanced order to be delivered at the end of the month.

I bought the 7 piece ahead of the trend set which has

Baker Street Cobalt blue
    Mayfair Mews Neon pink
    Royal Mews Holographic silver
    Belgrave Mews Forest Mews
    Wilton Row I think it looks more burgandy but is meant to be a maroon/plum colour
    Piccadilly Arcade a paler pink
    Cadogen Place Mushroom and one of the griege kind of colours my least favourite of the set since I'm not really into the griege colours but it is nice when on and I guess it can be crackled etc.

The cupcake collection with all pastel shades but for pastels they are nice and bright

Notting Hill Carnival Yellow
    Bromptom Place Pink
    Haymarket Duck egg green/blue colour
    Wellington Square Peach
    Lowndes Sqaure Grey/Lilac

and the Magnetic Force collection

This has the new Fishnet Magnet in it and has 3 colours

Soho which is chrome/silver
    Richmond Park a kind of metallic green

Those are both magnetics and the third non magnetic one is

Putney Bridge which is another lilac shade.

The one on order is the Bejewelled Collection and going to have to use extreme willpower when the Leighton Denny stuff is on next. Not as fussed about OPI at the minute was a bit disappointed in their last QVC show OPI just don't seem that bothered at the moment and it seems to be a lot of repeat or old stuff rather than all the new trends and colours.

Currently wearing Mayfair Mews on the fingernails and love it very bright it would be since its a neon and is very pink/coral and sometimes looks a little orange depending on the light but think it will be a summer favourite. Toes currently have Jack Wills aquamarine.

Planning jubilee themed nails for over the weekend haven't quite decided what exactly just there will be red, white and blue involved.
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been lurking in this thread for a while. Love experimenting with nail polish, but don't really get the time cos I'm not allowed to wear it at uni.

Anyway, got 4 days off so tried to paint the union jack on my nails last night, but it went wrong, so I made it spotty instead using Gosh Vanilla Ice and Midnight Blue and Calvin Klein Caught Red Handed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I love my nails at the moment.

i have a dark blue topped by andrea fullerton gemstone topcoat. The top coat is totally amazing - it's a flakie that flashes from orange through to green.

I can't stop looking at my nails, I think i prefer it to fantasy fire!!
  • MerryBerryMerryBerry Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I have been reading this thread with HUGE interest since the beginning and have finally decided to join in.

I am not too sure exactly how many I own but I do know it has gone up a lot since I have been reading this thread...! :o

Today I had a small splurge and got three in the 3 for 2 offer in Superdrug. Think I'll be heading back to get some more before the deal is up. I bought Revlon's scented Watermelon fizz and Dreamer plus Barry M lilac foil.

I have bought some union jack foils to wear to wear over the Jubilee weekend as I didn't fancy trying to replicate that, especially on my right hand - it would have been a big blobby mess. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really skint (175 quid for bloody glasses!) so this is all tormenting me! although when I was up in liverpool my mum did give me Leighton Denny supermodel, leading lilac and butterfly wings, so I'm having fun with them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    I'm really skint (175 quid for bloody glasses!) so this is all tormenting me! although when I was up in liverpool my mum did give me Leighton Denny supermodel, leading lilac and butterfly wings, so I'm having fun with them!

Aww! Just as I was about to post that everybody seems to be splurging these days! Poor Jane. Maybe you should get some really really dirt cheap Claire's Accessories polishes, or Collection 2000 or something, just so you have something new?

I did Crucible Theatre nails yesterday as I went out to a play (or you could call them chevron tape nails I suppose) which are on my blog, and today I'm wearing Essie Mademoiselle, which is very subtle and tasteful.
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New ones for the day are

Nails inc - Wardour Mews, New Burlington Place, Chelsea Manor Street, and Garrick Street (set from TK Maxx - £15)

No7 - Pinky Pure
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of reluctant to change my nails now. I was going to go with a jubilee theme with red white and blue but for once my polish went on nicely and has lasted more than 24 hours without chipping or peeling off and for me that is an achievement so don't want to mess around with it.

So think I will stick with the Mayfair Mews neon pink for the time being.

Jane-Hen12 I agree with Elanors suggestions at least you would get some nice new colours to play with. Theres always NYC polish as well and Miss Sporty although not my first choice they do sometimes have some lovely colours.

Do you have an advantage card for Boots? if you have enough points you could treat yourself to a new polish then you aren't really spending money on it as such.

I've only really splurged because it was really good deals and it was a pre birthday splurge and I was feeling sorry for myself so had a cheer up shop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm feeing sorry for myself too! I got harpers today to get Leighton Coral Reef. Lovely colour but I wouldn't say it was coral, more of a neon pink than anything!
    Maybe it'll look better in daylight rather than artificial and grey skies...

Ooooh boots card, didn't think of that! Ours has a 10 points a pound offer on for the jubilee, and I could do with some suncream and stuff for holiday...yay!
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the Leighton colours, anyone know? May pop into town tomrrow, see if I can get one :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supermodel, a nude
    coral reef
    and plush pink
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ended up changing my nails after all today. I chipped a bit last night so decided to go with the red white and blue theme.

I have alternative red and white nails with blue crackle on top. I am no where near creative enough to try and do my own designs so went with getting the theme in colours on at least.
    Forum Member
    I bought the OPI Spiderman minis on Buyapowa for £8.50, though thanks to this four-day weekend they haven't arrived yet. They'll be my first OPIs so I'm excited about that. :D Even though one will be a dupe of one I already own.