Ascend: New Gods

2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
Forum Member
Just thought I'd open this thread for this upcoming game to let you know the beta sign ups have now gone live and you can apply for it here.

If you're not sure what this game is it's an upcoming action RPG with a multiplayer system that's quite similar to Dark Souls and it looks pretty sweet.

Some footage here from last year's E3.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd open this thread for this upcoming game to let you know the beta sign ups have now gone live and you can apply for it here.

If you're not sure what this game is it's an upcoming action RPG with a multiplayer system that's quite similar to Dark Souls and it looks pretty sweet.

Some footage here from last year's E3.

Thanks for that m8. I'm looking forward to this game :)
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Maybe we can meet up on the game if we both get accepted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we can meet up on the game if we both get accepted.

Yeah that would be kool m8 :) or a team up on the new Gears.
    Forum Member
    Closed Beta has finally gone live, I received a code for it recently, now about to give it a go. Check your emails if you applied, you can redeem it directly from Xbox.com which only requires you to click the link rather than type in a 16 letter code, very nice.

Game has also been renamed Ascend: Hand of Kul
    Forum Member
    Wow this game.... It's like a mix between Populous and Dark Souls, the online (which is cross platform with PC) acts very much the same as Dark Souls, you see other player in ghostly apparitions around you except they don;t disappear after a few seconds and you can interact with them more. Rather than you invading other people's game worlds you can directly send creatures instead via spells and watch them fight them, you earn souls if they are hurt. That's just one spell, and an evil one because I chose the dark path, there's a lot more to it than that, it's generally about conquering land and taking over the shrines.

You play as a huge God and can choose to fight for light or dark which gives you specific abilities you level up, you can call out to your little human worshipers and they CRAWL ON YOUR BODY and you can use them to fight (they will launch torpedo's at the enemies), you can throw them directly to cause damage you can even eat them for health!! Pure win, such a cool concept. the graphics and music are brilliant, the combat is much better than I was expecting it's very polished. It's also a F2P game, which is good or bad thing depending on how you look at it but in terms of previous F2P games on 360 this is in another league!

If people give this a chance I think it could be a hit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might check it out...
    Forum Member
    The beta is confirmed to running through till launch so if you can get on it you can effectively start playing it now, though certain areas are sealed off until the full release. It really is one of the best quality F2P games I've yet to play, it's kinda like Dark Souls mixed with Populous. Though World of Tanks looks great too but I didn't get into the Beta unfortunately.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The beta is confirmed to running through till launch so if you can get on it you can effectively start playing it now, though certain areas are sealed off until the full release. It really is one of the best quality F2P games I've yet to play, it's kinda like Dark Souls mixed with Populous. Though World of Tanks looks great too but I didn't get into the Beta unfortunately.

I never got my code for new gods m8 :(
    Forum Member
    I guess I was lucky mate :) It's coming in September.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    Finally got my beta code for this - Really enjoying it!