Options

Three children found dead in London home.

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    While I do not for a second condone what the mother did, I couldn't help but notice the father (Who also travelled a lot for work) was on holiday at the time with the eldest daughter, leaving her alone to deal with three disabled children.

A friend of hers said that the children had to be fed through tubes, which required round the clock care, but that although they employed a carer and a home help, they did not have round the clock help, leaving her to deal with the brunt of it. Apparently, they had to have medication administered hourly. I cannot even begin to imagine the strain of all that.

The mother had also told friends that social services tended to take a pull yourself together and get on with it attitude when she asked for help.

The truth of all that will no doubt come out in court, so we'll see, but at the moment I do feel some sympathy for her and wonder if she had a complete mental break down. Like I said earlier though, I in no way condone her actions and my thoughts are with those three little children.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feel sorry for the Mother for the obvious stress and strain on her life

Its unfortunate she chose to kill them instead of asking for a serious amount of help

No doubt that she wholeheartedly regrets her drastic actions
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iiHEARTy0u wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the Mother for the obvious stress and strain on her life

Its unfortunate she chose to kill them instead of asking for a serious amount of help

No doubt that she wholeheartedly regrets her drastic actions
    I didnt mean that her kids were a burden if anyone reads it like that.

I mean the stress and strain of feeling alone and like nobody could help
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daily Mail reporting she smothered them.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I do not for a second condone what the mother did, I couldn't help but notice the father (Who also travelled a lot for work) was on holiday at the time with the eldest daughter, leaving her alone to deal with three disabled children.

A friend of hers said that the children had to be fed through tubes, which required round the clock care, but that although they employed a carer and a home help, they did not have round the clock help, leaving her to deal with the brunt of it. Apparently, they had to have medication administered hourly. I cannot even begin to imagine the strain of all that.

The mother had also told friends that social services tended to take a pull yourself together and get on with it attitude when she asked for help.

The truth of all that will no doubt come out in court, so we'll see, but at the moment I do feel some sympathy for her and wonder if she had a complete mental break down. Like I said earlier though, I in no way condone her actions and my thoughts are with those three little children.

I also read that friends got the impression that she had not had a good nights sleep for years. That might have been the trigger, sleep deprevation can have tragic concequenses.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't blame the mother at all. She clearly wasn't well or getting any support from anyone. How did her friends and husband not notice?
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I'm certainly loathe to pass judgment on this mother, as it appears from first glance that she was under a great deal of stress and pressure. Tragic really.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    I don't blame the mother at all. She clearly wasn't well or getting any support from anyone. How did her friends and husband not notice?

I find that scary, and there's a few people with that view in this thread. Unless it's proved she was completely psychotic and voices in her head were instructing her, then she murdered 3 children. Being tired and unable to cope isn't an excuse for murder. Is it taboo to say that or something?

And for what it's worth they had a nanny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From the little I have heard I do not think she should have been charged with murder. Will wait more info tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find that scary, and there's a few people with that view in this thread. Unless it's proved she was completely psychotic and voices in her head were instructing her, then she murdered 3 children. Being tired and unable to cope isn't an excuse for murder. Is it taboo to say that or something?

Are you just as scared that Belgium will be the first country that will pass a law euthanising children with extreme illness?

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-belgium-parliament-passes-law-allowing-children-to-be-euthanized
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should've got done for manslaughter but not murder. She tried to commit suicide herself. This doesn't sound the actions of a mentally well woman. Why was the father all the way in South Africa? Something could of happened when she was alone and bamb! All the stress, worry and no sleep caught up with her.

It's a tragic. When she gets better she would have to live with it for the rest of her life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should've got done for manslaughter but not murder. She tried to commit suicide herself. This doesn't sound the actions of a mentally well woman. Why was the father all the way in South Africa? Something could of happened when she was alone and bamb! All the stress, worry and no sleep caught up with her.

It's a tragic. When she gets better she would have to live with it for the rest of her life.

There will be no betterness for her whatever happens.:(
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Are you just as scared that Belgium will be the first country that will pass a law euthanising children with extreme illness?

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-belgium-parliament-passes-law-allowing-children-to-be-euthanized

What's that got to do with this case? No law has been passed here allowing you to murder your children

I can't believe what I'm reading here so i'm leaving this thread alone. It's a bit creepy
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shall we apply that logic to every murderer?

Bit dangerous imo

I don't think people are saying that.
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being tired and unable to cope isn't an excuse for murder.

Not one person has suggested it is.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Three children being fed through tubes and requiring medication every hour round the clock and no prodspect of them improving? You're making very light of that. This hideous business smacks of despair, 100% deep down in the dark places despair.