US Open Tennis ITV 4?

2»

Comments

• THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    herejohno wrote: »
    Does anybody know any coverage of Us Open on BBC 2013.

I think there will be coverage on 5 Live Sports Extra from time to time, depending on the England one day Cricket Internationals. And possibly any matches involving Andy Murray on the main 5 Live channels along with the Men's and Lady's singles final.
    Ian.
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    I've just checked the US Open multiscreen via the red button and there's coverage of 6 courts. Excellent!
    Ian.
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..../
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's correct and even when the rights come up for renewal, I expect that Sky would outbid ITV by paying a silly money price because this is the only Grand Slam tennis event that Sky have (although I would ideally like to see ITV4 get the rights).

It may or may not be available free to air on a 19.2*E satellite channel and an internet search or this forum here might help to clarify that: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=143

In addition, the US Tennis Open is available to view from a number of legitimate sites online such as Eurosport Player here: http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk/offers.shtml

I recall before British Eurosport came into existance that Eurosport international was part of one of the Telewest communication's entertainment packs.

The nature of the US Open (i.e. the American's making a big noise re the event) suits sky more than the other 3 grand slam events.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member

On the radio, yes, but on TV, no I'm afraid.
    david16 wrote: »
    I recall before British Eurosport came into existance that Eurosport international was part of one of the Telewest communication's entertainment packs.

On radio, yes, TV no I'm afraid.

The nature of the US Open (i.e. the American's making a big noise re the event) suits sky more than the other 3 grand slam events.

Right now Bet365 are doing a live online stream of the Monfils - Unger game but you will need an account to view it or you can watch some of the games on the relatively cheap Eurosport player.
  • mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When are the Australian Open rights up for renewal?
  • 19741974 Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Continuing to take this thread off tangent, does anyone know what year Sky lost the rights to the Australian Open?. I can remember them covering it in the early 90's before they got hold of the US Open, when Gerald Williams and Bill Threlfall were commentating for them.
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey1980 wrote: »
    When are the Australian Open rights up for renewal?

• bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sports Extra was bliss yesterday evening with Robson and Evans playing the same time.
  • mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »

I'm not sure that's right.

Eurosport signed a 5 year deal for 2012 to 2016 - see link.

I know it's sometimes complicated with Eurosport's rights not covering the UK in the same way they cover the rest of Europe but I've not seen anything to suggest Eurosport's UK rights expire before 2016.

http://www.eurosportcorporate.com/press/Eurosport%20%20Australian%20Open%20press%20release.DOC
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mlt11 wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's right.

Eurosport signed a 5 year deal for 2012 to 2016 - see link.

I know it's sometimes complicated with Eurosport's rights not covering the UK in the same way they cover the rest of Europe but I've not seen anything to suggest Eurosport's UK rights expire before 2016.

http://www.eurosportcorporate.com/press/Eurosport%20%20Australian%20Open%20press%20release.DOC

I'm expecting the rights to come to market before the final year of the current deal.

So while we know Eurosport has the rights until 2016, I think we will know who will have the rights for 2017 onwards in 2015
  • mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »
    I'm expecting the rights to come to market before the final year of the current deal.

So while we know Eurosport has the rights until 2016, I think we will know who will have the rights for 2017 onwards in 2015

OK, thanks for clarification - thought you were referring to the expiry date of existing contract.
  • nicktrownicktrow Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sports Extra was bliss yesterday evening with Robson and Evans playing the same time.
    And confirmation on 5Live just now that Robson on SportsExtra from 4pm and Murray on 5Live from midnight is todays coverage.
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robson is second on to a mans match so will unlikely start until seven
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nicktrow wrote: »
    And confirmation on 5Live just now that Robson on SportsExtra from 4pm and Murray on 5Live from midnight is todays coverage.
    Judio wrote: »
    Robson is second on to a mans match so will unlikely start until seven

Either way will be at work.

Hopefully Five Live will have updates, with seven League Cup and Celtic Champions League qualifier tonight.