Options

Findus Lasagne

Comments

• Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We really need to get over the fact that Horse meat is in the food chain, It probably has been for years, Who really knows, It's not gonna kill you if you eat it.

The way that it's all come to light makes me laugh, Shock Horror Horse meat found in the food chain, It's a lovely meat , we should all eat more of it.

It really is a bit deeper than that though, it is people/companies vying for deals with food producers and possibly putting British producers out of business knowing full well they are not providing what they have put a price in for. It is in fact a form of theft and deceit.

We hear from farmers how little their livestock is worth yet we are still paying exorbitant prices for meat at the supermarkets.......fresh meat............and their frozen meat contained products are now being shown to be a farce from the actual thing it is meant to be!!!

I love the fact that we are making a joke of it, that's good but really in some ways, we, as consumers, are being made to look like gullible fools. :o we really should be stamping our feet in some ways.
  • Options
    cactuscactus Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Findus on Long Facebook.
  • Options
    DelfordengeDelfordenge Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    cactus wrote: »

Findus on Long Facebook.

:D Clever!
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The meat content of some beef lasagne products recalled by Findus was up to 100% horsemeat, the Food Standards Agency has said.

Findus withdrew its beef lasagne from retailers in 320g, 360g and 500g sizes on Monday as a precautionary measure.

Environment Secretary Owen Paterson said it was "completely unacceptable" that a product claiming to beef lasagne turned out to be mainly horsemeat.

Findus said: "We do not believe this to be a food safety issue."

The FSA said Findus tested 18 of its beef lasagne products and found 11 meals containing between 60% and 100% horsemeat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21375594
  • Options
    TidoshoTidosho Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Low in fat, high in Shergar.

"Do you want anything on that lasagne?"..... £5 each way

Taking the chance to recycle my two favourite horse/beef jokes......

It's not the fact that it's horse meat that has me worried. More the case that they don't have a clue WHAT is actually in it.

What untested, undiscovered chemicals lurk in these products?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Presumably We can attribute the same degree of trust in that statement as the Findus belief they were selling beef.

Corporate bastards.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Presumably We can attribute the same degree of trust in that statement as the Findus belief they were selling beef.

Corporate bastards.

Trade Description Act also comes to mind :mad:

Usual washing of hands in the hope it wont end up in court.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lookup Findus in wikipedia right now before it is changed (nice horse picture):D

Not guilty BTW
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow. Someone is battling hard. Horse picture Removed in minutes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this food talk is stimulating my appetite. I'm so hungry I could eat a hor....

Shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lasagne! A lasagne! My kindom for a lasagne!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps there is a new product line tempting Findus.

Roast horse and Lancashire pudding.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way things are going I'm half expecting them to announce that horse meat has been found in vegetarian food. :eek: :(
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand them crispy pancake things!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    They have bots to do that sort of thing. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they're selling horse which have been injected with stuff that can cause leukemia in our kids.
    The amount of lies and deceit is ridiculous. We need our food more truthfully labelled. They have let cloned cows into our food chain, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/7939048/Cloned-cows-third-animal-entered-food-chain.html apparantly 'by accident'. Isn't meat supposed to be closely monitored, especially after the BSE infection?
    I shudder to think what's in our food that hasn't been uncovered yet. Is everything corrupt?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And when a beef product is < 50%, then the beef is the contaminant not the horse.

To be a little more serious I think that extrapolating to the future there will eventually be a case of human flesh (of any grade) turning up in the human food chain. if not already.

Then it will concentrate slaves minds on what is going on.

Protein austerity.

Too many people saying meat is meat & so all this is OK but Human flesh is meat. What then? Granny griddle burgers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And when a beef product is < 50%, then the beef is the contaminant not the horse.

To be a little more serious I think that extrapolating to the future there will eventually be a case of human flesh (of any grade) turning up in the human food chain. if not already.

Then it will concentrate slaves minds on what is going on.

Protein austerity.

Too many people saying meat is meat & so all this is OK but Human flesh is meat. What then? Granny griddle burgers?

Are you trying to tell us that shepherds pie isn't made from real shepherds?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Don't trust them to get that right. Shepherd's pie would be made from cowboys.
  • Options
    Forum Member

And cottage pie would be made from 60-99% terraced house.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trade Description Act also comes to mind :mad:

Usual washing of hands in the hope it wont end up in court.

Unless it coluld be proven Findus knew and had not followed the traceability that the food industry has to then they would not be prosecuted.

If they had all the paperwork from the manufacturer (in this case incorrect paperwork) that the food was what the manufacturer said it was then it would be the manufacturer in court not Findus.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lookup Findus in wikipedia right now before it is changed (nice horse picture):D

Not guilty BTW

And here it is, saved for all time.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

lmao....truly, this is why the internet exists :D
  • Options
    DelfordengeDelfordenge Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

:D:D

Well done. Thanks!
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly sure I've never had a Findus Lasagne, and even if I have I really don't give a damn if it had horse meat in it or not.