Options

The HDCI-2000 receiver from Humax

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
Forum Member
I currently have a Humax 9200T.

The HDCI-2000 is described as the below:

HDCI-2000 from Humax is one of the very first HDTV satellite receivers for the new high-resolution TV format. Thanks to the latest MPEG-4 technology and imoproved DVB-S2 reception, the HDCI-2000 is set for the standards of the future while still serving standard TV (PAL). Now you can enjoy crystal -clear pictures tomorrow without having to give up your favorite programs today.

The HDCI-2000 cannot receive HD signals yet can it?

When is it likely that it would be able to receive HD signals in the UK. Has this been designed way ahead of broadcasting technology in the UK?

Or is it a case of, if you have subscribed to receive Sky HD you could use the above humax receiver instead of the one that sky supplies?

I guess that this would receive the trial BBC HD broadcasts in London but as i live in the north of UK it would be no good to me.

What are your opinions on it?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    manuel wrote:
    I currently have a Humax 9200T.

The HDCI-2000 is described as the below:

HDCI-2000 from Humax is one of the very first HDTV satellite receivers for the new high-resolution TV format. Thanks to the latest MPEG-4 technology and imoproved DVB-S2 reception, the HDCI-2000 is set for the standards of the future while still serving standard TV (PAL). Now you can enjoy crystal -clear pictures tomorrow without having to give up your favorite programs today.

The HDCI-2000 cannot receive HD signals yet can it?

When is it likely that it would be able to receive HD signals in the UK. Has this been designed way ahead of broadcasting technology in the UK?

Or is it a case of, if you have subscribed to receive Sky HD you could use the above humax receiver instead of the one that sky supplies?

I guess that this would receive the trial BBC HD broadcasts in London but as i live in the north of UK it would be no good to me.

What are your opinions on it?

Yes it can receive HD signals!

But it's a satellite receiver, so it cannot receive the terrestrial tests - although, ironically, the Humax boxes being used for the terrestrial HD tests are HDCI2000s modified with a DTT front end!!

The HDCI2000 is a free to air receiver, so it will receive BBC HD, for example, but not Sky HD services. However, it can accept a CAM/smartcard to receive pay services. Sky don't sell a separate CAM, but some people have tried receiving Sky with 3rd party CAMs with varying degrees of success - search the forums for more info.