8000T no longer able to hold seven day epg

Schnauzer BitesSchnauzer Bites Posts: 916
Forum Member
✭✭
I had no problems with 8000T until the latest software update, April 2005. Now my box only seems capable of showing the full seven day schedule for the mux it is actually tuned to. Other muxes only show at most three days in advance. If you change channel then you can actually watch parts of the seven day schedule which were present, disappearing, as other parts related to the mux you are now using start to populate.

I have tried resetting everything to default through installation and also rebooting by turning off using switch at back for a few minutes and then switching back on. Both apparently short term solutions to previous epg problems. Neither makes any difference since the April 2005 update, to the inability of the machine to now hold the full seven days epg.

This looks very like a lack of memory allocation and indeed this has been mentioned in threads elsewhere as a known fault with the last update admitted to by Humax.

You would think that if they know what is wrong that it shouldn't take over six months to fix a fault they seemingly created, by not allocating enough memory. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    You would think that if they know what is wrong that it shouldn't take over six months to fix a fault they seemingly created, by not allocating enough memory. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Maybe it's a hardware limitation - not enough RAM in the design now tha there are far more channels than when it was first designed?

(just a thought)

Cliff
  • Schnauzer BitesSchnauzer Bites Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJL wrote:
    Maybe it's a hardware limitation - not enough RAM in the design now tha there are far more channels than when it was first designed?

(just a thought)

Cliff

I think it is more down to an error by Humax with software allocation rather than a hardware limit.

I mean this isn't exactly an ancient aged piece of equipment, in fact unlike the 9200T it is actually still being sold in Currys Comet, Dixons etc for the purpose of being able to record off of a seven day epg.

Anyway the amount of extra channels since April 2005 hardly account for a total inability since then to hold epg beyond thre days for any mux other than the one you are currently tuned to.