Options

Who will be the next HUGE girlband?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
Forum Member
It seems to me that recently girlbands have gained big followings and been making quite an impact within the charts. There are loads out there but the 3 big ones right now for me would be Neon Jungle, GRL and Fifth Harmony. Excluding Little Mix as they have already made some impact worldwide.

Personally I think that all these girlbands have the ability, talent and power to become worldwide known artists. Fifth Harmony and GRL all have influential people within the music industry behind them and Neon Jungle have a very different sound. Personally I would love to see 5H make it huge as they are great girls with an amazing sound, image and everything about them is great. Out of these 3, who could be the next big thing, could it be another band or maybe none?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Neon Jungle I hope.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danity Kane
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls' Generation. They are arguably already icons in the Eastern world, but if pushed more they could become a proper force in the Western world as well.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Fifth Harmony have the best chance. I like Neon Jungle, G.R.L. and M.O too.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I like all 3 but, Neon Jungle hopefully
    Also, I'm starting to really get into M.O's music. I hope they get some success
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I like all 3 but, Neon Jungle hopefully
    Also, I'm starting to really get into M.O's music. I hope they get some success

Isn't Mø a solo artist?
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Fifth Harmony probably have the best chance, their team really seems to know what they're doing and they've got potential. Neon Jungle have an interesting sound so they might blow up, depends on how the album goes, I guess. And if they can actually build a strong fanbase as they don't seem to have one yet from what i can tell. They \have a cool factor that I quite like. Little Mix have made an impact but haven't really capitalised on it the way, I feel, they should've. I'm not sure the world will wait for them to get that ~hit~ on their third album but who knows, they've got pretty much everything else ingredients-wise.

I don't know if there will ever be a BIG girl group a la the Spice Girls and co., but there are certainly a ton of groups to choose from these days.

I'm a huge fan of Juce and I hope they get more recognition.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifth Harmony were pure dullsville on X Factor....not a personality between them. I can't see them making it big over here.

Neon Jungle seem to have been around for quite a bit already but still haven't really shown up on the radar, so I'm not convinced it will ever happen for them.

I think girl groups are quite out of vogue for now with only the established ones like Little Mix/Sats continuing to enjoy average success.