Options

ChuckleVision - A petition to return the show to TV

2»

Comments

• Options
    Holmesc1Holmesc1 Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Just found this. Im 29 now n still love chucklevision. It must have been 10 year now since old episodes were repeated as i was on sick at time so watched them every day in afternoon on cbbc n they lifted my spirits. I think some of the later episodes lost the plot like the continueing story about the ruby but storys seemed to get better in final series around 2009. If bbc dont wanna make more or even repeat em fare doos but it stinks why they aint on dvd. Thankgod for youtube n kind folk that upload old episodes i salute you
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps CITV could commission a new series if the BBC are not interested?
  • Options
    pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I read somewhere they had recorded a series which still hasn't been shown (or perhaps they had written one). I went to see them live just before Christmas 2010 and it was a good show, we really enjoyed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I read somewhere they had recorded a series which still hasn't been shown (or perhaps they had written one). I went to see them live just before Christmas 2010 and it was a good show, we really enjoyed.
    If a new series had been recorded surely a sky channel could show it if bbc dont or even youtube. Theres gotta be a demand
  • Options
    pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holmesc1 wrote: »
    If a new series had been recorded surely a sky channel could show it if bbc dont or even youtube. Theres gotta be a demand

I can't find any mention of it online so I must be mistaken. There was talk of a film at one point but that seems to have come to nothing too.
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    Holmesc1 wrote: »
    Just found this. Im 29 now n still love chucklevision. It must have been 10 year now since old episodes were repeated as i was on sick at time so watched them every day in afternoon on cbbc n they lifted my spirits. I think some of the later episodes lost the plot like the continueing story about the ruby but storys seemed to get better in final series around 2009. If bbc dont wanna make more or even repeat em fare doos but it stinks why they aint on dvd. Thankgod for youtube n kind folk that upload old episodes i salute you

Series 1 and 2 have actually been released on DVD. But yes no series of the more familiar format from series 3 onwards have been released.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember watching it on a Saturday morning in the slot then Going Live would come on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't find any mention of it online so I must be mistaken. There was talk of a film at one point but that seems to have come to nothing too.
    Film was canned due to lack of money shame
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I agree and glad to see a long time fan. Yes you're right they were repeated (Series 3) on BBC Choice in early 2000's as my friend can confirm who has recorded all the episodes off there and they're on YouTube currently if you search for Series 3. Many episodes were missed out yes, the ones I know repeated were 'Stand and Deliver,' 'Parks and Wreck-Reations' 'Stop That World...!' 'Ship Shape-Less' 'Window Wind Ups' 'On the Move' 'Hotel Hostilities' 'Car Carnage' and 'Cabbies and Chips' and didn't repeat' 'Trouble in Store' 'Poster Pranks' 'Cycle Crazy' and 'Home Helpless' all of except the latter have been uploaded to YouTube by someone who had recorded them from the original broadcasts.
    Yes they repeated Series 4 up to present on the CBBC Channel from about 2002/2003 to around late 2005/early 2006 when their policy came in and they didn't repeat old episodes. They had a ChuckleZone in the morning which repeated 3 20 minute/4 15 minute episodes each morning from any series including the unedited versions of Series 12 & 13, just shows their dedication back then.
    I was also very excited when they started releasing the DVD's. Like many I have collected the first two series and have been disappointed they haven't decided to release further series, I think this is because they want to release other 'important' programmes before they return to ChuckleVision which hopefully they will, as I can't see the BBC being so kind as to do it themselves. It's a shame they didn't release the milestone series 3, but I'm grateful as to see the first two original series, which I thought I'd never see and although the format isn't to my complete tastes, it's nice to see how the show originated.
    I think putting them on Netflixs/LoveFilm is a good idea and it seems more likely that that is going to happen then possible DVD releases in the future. All we can do is keep campaigning to get the series out there somewhere for every fan to view, where that's DVD or online streaming (Netflix, LoveFilm)

Hello everyone, not posted on here for ages, Yep I a huge fan of the Chuckle brothers aswell and we love to see them coming back, Yeah I knew from a friend in Manchester was telling me that CBBC on Choice showed ChuckleVision from 1999-2002, and then CBBC Channel showed it from 2002-2012 which I already knew about. CBBC on Choice didn't show all series, The series's they showed were 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11. Could anyone possibly tell me what Series 5 episode they showed as I found out recently they aired 1, and 6 of Series 7. Cheers
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it ever confirmed by the BBC that they had axed Chucklevision? There have been rumours over the last 4 years or so that the BBC were planning to bring out a new series but it never happened. I suppose age caught up with the Chuckle brothers.

But yeah, I'd love to see CBBC show repeats of the show. In fact I'd love i if the BBC created a new childrens channel purely for showing old favourites like Chucklevision, Bodger and Badger, The Demon Headmaster etc. But I suppose it would probably be too expensive.

That was when children's TV was good. I also liked The Queens Nose.