Options

Poor Flavia.....

Comments

• Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biddy O wrote: »
    Dont get that impression at all :rolleyes: they come across very friendly on ITT and also the interviews on breakfast tv i have seen :)

Didnt you watch their story of the dance on ITT this week :confused: they were having lots of fun together :D

In fact, I think Flavia has a real soft spot for Craig because he tries so hard, but still has fun.:)
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    In fact, I think Flavia has a real soft spot for Craig because he tries so hard, but still has fun.:)

I think so too Buddy :)

She is genuinely shocked I think that they are getting through, and it must be quite uplifting knowing that even though you are clearly not good at dancing , that the public are still voting anyway.
    Even if Craig thinks he IS good at dancing, then Flav will know different but obviously is keeping his spirits up for him to be thinking so positively. :)

I actually think she deserves a lot of credit for getting him through so many weeks and for him to STILL be thinking that hes a good dancer. :D
  • Options
    uptowngirluptowngirl Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Flavia - she is an amazing dancer! But I don't feel at all sorry for her, she obviously can't make Craig improve and it's becoming painful to watch. They both know this and it's why they've invented this whole "I must get to Blackpool" storyline. I hope he doesn't get to Blackpool because he is by far the worst dancer and the least entertaining left in the competiton, and if he survives next week it will be at the expense of a good dancer and entertainer!
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    uptowngirl wrote: »
    I really like Flavia - she is an amazing dancer! But I don't feel at all sorry for her, she obviously can't make Craig improve and it's becoming painful to watch. They both know this and it's why they've invented this whole "I must get to Blackpool" storyline. I hope he doesn't get to Blackpool because he is by far the worst dancer and the least entertaining left in the competiton, and if he survives next week it will be at the expense of a good dancer and entertainer!

I agree and I would hate to see a good dancer go next week in his place... I think the public will lose patience with him if he doesnt go soon too!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    I agree and I would hate to see a good dancer go next week in his place... I think the public will lose patience with him if he doesnt go soon too!!:rolleyes:

I dont really want to see a good dancer go either at the expense of him, but it happens EVERY year in strictly only not this year yet.....but if it does happens it will be nothing unusual.
  • Options
    lemonnlime09lemonnlime09 Posts: 1,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Didn't she say.."I dont know what to say". I'll have to watch it back though. :)

No I don't understand is what she said:)
  • Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd agree except that I don't think it's a Flavia's fault one of the comments the judges said she was saying something like 'I told you so to him'. I think she's trying her best - lovely guy that he is I sadly am coming to the conclusion that Craig just doesn't have enough of a clue as a dancer to know that he's not very good. I'm afraid much as I'd like to see him get to Blackpool now Jo has gone he is now the weakest link and I don't see that changing next week. I think Flavia knows this too which maybe why she looks like she can't be bothered anymore - it's one thing having someone who doesn't have a hope but another to have someone who won't get any better no matter what you do.
  • Options
    carol northcarol north Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katie_p wrote: »
    Rumba? Oh please no.... didn't they say Waltz? Or was I just wishing that?

The problem is if for some insane reason the GBP lets him go to Blackpool, his hometown might save him. Then that's two celebs unfairly knocked out.

In any case, I think a dancer as boring as Craig will completely flounder in an atmosphere like Blackpool. Get him out!

Absolutly agree with your comments.

Craig gets worse every week - I could hardly look it was so awfull he was just sort of walking around. Poor Flavia has to do all the work and carry him.

Now that Jo has gone (and I liked her and Brendon) surely he must go as other couples who are better will go and I think Flavia is the type of person who would feel bad about that. I do not want to see him at Blackpool would really spoil it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I think so too Buddy :)

She is genuinely shocked I think that they are getting through, and it must be quite uplifting knowing that even though you are clearly not good at dancing , that the public are still voting anyway.
    Even if Craig thinks he IS good at dancing, then Flav will know different but obviously is keeping his spirits up for him to be thinking so positively. :)

I actually think she deserves a lot of credit for getting him through so many weeks and for him to STILL be thinking that hes a good dancer. :D

In the first few weeks when Flavia thought they were going home, she was almost in tears with the tension. She even talked about it, saying she didn't normally get upset like that. Now she knows how bad Craig is she seems much more relaxed to me and thoroughly enjoying still being part of the show. I don't feel sorry for her at all.

That said, there are only two couples left now that I wouldn't be upset at going home instead of Craig.
  • Options
    carol northcarol north Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidJames wrote: »
    Free The Cacace One!!

So funny:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the first few weeks when Flavia thought they were going home, she was almost in tears with the tension. She even talked about it, saying she didn't normally get upset like that. Now she knows how bad Craig is she seems much more relaxed to me and thoroughly enjoying still being part of the show. I don't feel sorry for her at all.

That said, there are only two couples left now that I wouldn't be upset at going home instead of Craig.

Who??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:confused: The public are keeping him in :rolleyes: as it sure as hell aint the judges with the scores he is getting :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't understand is what she said:)

I've watched that bit a few times now *her face does make me laugh every time they get through :p* and she definately says I don't know what to say :)

I don't think that she can't be bothered...I think what some people might be seeing as that is in fact a lovely person like flavia not wanting to be kept in at the expense of better dancers. Like Dilly says, it hasppens every year and the couple kept in always gets backlash and are dubbed as "...-gate" in the papers. It is not a nice place to be when good dancers are going out, and Flavia wouldn't want that. It's not that she isn't bothered, but that she doesn't want to be kept in and have backlash for it.

Yes she knows Craig is pretty much hopeless, but I think their relationship has improved now and they seem to be having much more fun. Especially when you see them on ITT and interviews together. I hope they can go next week as I don't like it when people start pleading to stay in cos such and such is their home town, as it just seems annoying. I absolutely love flavia to bits, best pro for me by far, and it's because I love her so much that I hope they go...not being mean honest! *brownies honour* As better dancers would be going...though I do hope they go out on a high :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Flavia dosen't want to be voted out as has been suggested. I don't think she knows what to do with Craig though.

The only time we've really seen Flavia is with Matt who was a great dancer and she could do some almost pro routines with him by the end.

This is the first year she's been this far in the competition with a not so good dancer, in a way it's all new to her.
  • Options
    Bhoy1888Bhoy1888 Posts: 1,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig is on his way to Blackpool

Craig is going to do it again

You ain't gonna stop him

The bhoy from Blackpool

The bhoy from Corrie Street

All together now :):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched that bit a few times now *her face does make me laugh every time they get through :p* and she definately says I don't know what to say :)

I don't think that she can't be bothered...I think what some people might be seeing as that is in fact a lovely person like flavia not wanting to be kept in at the expense of better dancers. Like Dilly says, it hasppens every year and the couple kept in always gets backlash and are dubbed as "...-gate" in the papers. It is not a nice place to be when good dancers are going out, and Flavia wouldn't want that. It's not that she isn't bothered, but that she doesn't want to be kept in and have backlash for it.

Yes she knows Craig is pretty much hopeless, but I think their relationship has improved now and they seem to be having much more fun. Especially when you see them on ITT and interviews together. I hope they can go next week as I don't like it when people start pleading to stay in cos such and such is their home town, as it just seems annoying. I absolutely love flavia to bits, best pro for me by far, and it's because I love her so much that I hope they go...not being mean honest! *brownies honour* As better dancers would be going...though I do hope they go out on a high :)

Im with you there Shimmy!

And dont forget the further she goes this year she more she'll be deemed to have had a "good" year this year, and might increase the likelihood of another "dud" next year...

Genuinely surprised that he has lasted this long... thought he'd be gone by week 3 tbh...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See wrote: »
    I'm sure Flavia dosen't want to be voted out as has been suggested. I don't think she knows what to do with Craig though.

The only time we've really seen Flavia is with Matt who was a great dancer and she could do some almost pro routines with him by the end.

This is the first year she's been this far in the competition with a not so good dancer, in a way it's all new to her.

Thats the way I see it. Shes had 2 non starters, a fantastic dancer and now Craig... a dud who's somehow crawled his way to being a middler.... Id like to see her again with a decent dancer...

Can I say that I STILL havent seen a WOW dance this year. Im not impressed with Ricky Nipple (he stole Gethin's top tonight!!:eek::eek::D) he leaves me cold. Ali and Jade are alright but havent blown me away yet...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think when you finish bottom of the leader board every week you expect the worst so when you are saved from the dance off you are just genuinely surprised
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who??

At the risk of being flamed, Zoe & James and Ricky G & Erin. They just don't thrill me. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So far it hasn't been better dancer who've gone out yet. It will from now on though if they keep getting saved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far it hasn't been better dancer who've gone out yet. It will from now on though if they keep getting saved.

I agree except for Martina Hingis who I think could have been a good dancer if only they silly judges had saved her instead of that silly police boy
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Whatever dance Craig gets next he will be stiff, gawping and lacking timing and rythym. I really do think Flavia wants the agony to end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the risk of being flamed, Zoe & James and Ricky G & Erin. They just don't thrill me. :o

Well- I havent been blown away by Zoe....I like RG but I think its for his charm and performance rather than anything...

Once Criag goes, I think it'l be natalie, Ricky G, Laila and Zoe next (in no particular order...)

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot Chris!! How could I forget the Wonder Hobbit??:D
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmrxx wrote: »
    She has bought it on herself.

She is cold to wards Craig and even laughs at him. She hardly sticks up for him or is encouraging.

I totally blame his lack of progress on her, they have not connected, even though you can see he is trying to get her to like him.

What rubbish. They have a great partnership. Have you watched any of their training clips shown on ITT? It really amazes me how people can come out with such nasty, negative comments . Have you been to their training sessions? Have you spoken to Flavia or Craig?

Its astounding how people want to project their own negativity onto others without knowing any of the facts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    What rubbish. They have a great partnership. Have you watched any of their training clips shown on ITT? It really amazes me how people can come out with such nasty, negative comments . Have you been to their training sessions? Have you spoken to Flavia or Craig?

Its astounding how people want to project their own negativity onto others without knowing any of the facts.

Hear Hear..Im sure Flavia would like to stay in SCD as long as possible.Its the biggest dance show on TV and the exposure she gets from it must be huge