Options

Worst Facebook status updates (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister put up a status on Monday morning saying "well that wasn't how I expected my day to start."
    Cue all the comments of "what's up Hun" and "hope your ok" etc etc
    Annoyingly she replied "not for on here, I will pm you" and whatever
    (Darn annoying because I wanted to know what has happened.
    Turned out her daughter (the only one of the four actually living with her) had tried to run away and been brought home by the police.
    Why the hell would you put that on Facebook???!
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but the thing that is boiling my piss at the moment is the friends who keep putting different profile pics up. I'm sure they just do it for attention, to get everyone saying "you look great hun!" and other such crap. They're also the same ones who put up the random posts like "well that was a great start to the day", but no explanation, so everyone is asking "you okay hun" etc. I've taken to ignoring them! :D

This reminds me of something that used to happen back when MySpace was relevant. I'm not sure if this happened in other areas (probably did though!) but it was a common thing amongst people I knew to "pic4pic".

That basically meant, someone would put up a bulletin/status saying they were willing to pic4pic, then people would go and comment on their pictures, with that person then returning the same amount of comments back. It was such a stupid thing looking back - the vast majority of the exchanged comments were along the lines of "nice pic!" or "looking goodx!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's wrong with a week in Liverpool? Oh, sorry, of course, there's nothing to do or see there.

The Walker Art Gallery and the Slavery museum are both brilliant. And of course it isn't far to Port Sunlight.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Always fancied a trip to Liverpool. My nephew and his family moved there a couple of years ago, he loves it there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This isn't a status update but if you remember that Luke Lawton and his girlfriend (the glad to hear it babe couple) well he was from Plymouth and I randomly came across this on the Internet and wondered if it could possibly be the same guy? I hate to say it but it definitely wouldn't surprise me if it is.

LUKE LAWTON, aged 26, of Cardinal Avenue, Plymouth: threatening violence in breach of a restraining order and resentenced for earlier offences in place of a community order – 12-week prison sentence suspended for 12 months, with alcohol treatment and thinking skills course, ordered to pay £80 victim surcharge and £40 costs.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Probably. He's the right age and already had a conviction for driving offences. AHH SO PROWD xxxx!

As I said before though, we probably shouldn't continue to mention him by name.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    islamaphobic ukip village idiot here has added hindus not eating beef to his list of things he finds offensive.

but he`s not a racist bigot dontcha know.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    islamaphobic ukip village idiot here has added hindus not eating beef to his list of things he finds offensive.

but he`s not a racist bigot dontcha know.

I don't understand - he finds someone else not eating something offensive? How does that work exactly?!
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a friend who posts numerous selfies, all taken from a flattering angle and gets the usual compliments - sexy, gorgeous, wow etc etc
    But I know her in real life and face to face, she is very pretty. She's a bit chubby though, and her facebook photos don't reflect that.

For every selfie that gets posted, there are probably about 29 other attempts at a selfie that were rejected because the person didn't think they looked good enough in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a status update as such but something I noticed the other day. Was out for dinner and "checked in" at the pub / restaurant - and you know how it searches the local area for places? Well, there is a prison about 2 miles from the pub I was in and it came up! And over 300 people had "checked in" there on FB?! Why would ANYONE "check in" on FB to a PRISON?! :o
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    The Walker Art Gallery and the Slavery museum are both brilliant. And of course it isn't far to Port Sunlight.

Perch Rock too.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    bookaddict wrote: »
    I don't understand - he finds someone else not eating something offensive? How does that work exactly?!

he`s just thick and thoroughly offensive. he recently had to go to court for a malicious communications offence involving some really vile anti-islamic stuff, he thought it was big and clever to attend court in a tie with pigs all over it.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facebook games are pointless.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    What's wrong with a week in Liverpool? Oh, sorry, of course, there's nothing to do or see there.
    Apart from the following:
    Liverpool Central Library
    Casbah Coffee Club
    Mendips - John Lennon Home
    Anfield Stadium
    Liverpool Anglican Cathedral
    Crosby Beach
    Merseyside Maritime Museum
    Royal Liverpool Philharmonic
    Albert Dock
    Tate Gallery
    Pier Head
    Sefton Park
    Liverpool Watersports Centre
    Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King
    Liverpool City Walks
    Woolton Picture House
    St. George's Hall
    Speke Hall
    Radio City Tower
    The Beatles Story
    Knowsley Safari Park

Goodison Park? Prenton Park? :D
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the day my friend's ex posted his wedding photos on Facebook, she posted a load of pictures from Big Fat Gypsy Weddings, with comments like "Gee, I wonder who this reminds me of???" I understand that my friend was upset but at least try to hold onto your dignity? Or wait until the divorce?
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    On the day my friend's ex posted his wedding photos on Facebook, she posted a load of pictures from Big Fat Gypsy Weddings, with comments like "Gee, I wonder who this reminds me of???" I understand that my friend was upset but at least try to hold onto your dignity? Or wait until the divorce?
    That just makes her look bitter and resentful doesn't it? I had a friend who did something similar when her ex-boyfriend got married, posting sarcastic comments about budget weddings, but it backfired on her because everyone then realised how upset she was that he'd had the audacity to marry someone else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That just makes her look bitter and resentful doesn't it? I had a friend who did something similar when her ex-boyfriend got married, posting sarcastic comments about budget weddings, but it backfired on her because everyone then realised how upset she was that he'd had the audacity to marry someone else.

The wedding did not look tacky at all from the photos and looked like it was expensive, I wonder if she's jealous about how much it might have cost. And they broke up because of his cheating (plus they got together while he was still with his previous girlfriend), so ... count it a lucky escape that you're not walking down the aisle with a serial cheat??
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Just a general rant from me:

Why do my friends who happen to like cats think I need updating with the progress of their cat?

"Cat came back late"
    "Cat is hungry"
    "Cat is on my bed"

"Here's endless photos of my cat"

Go away and take your scruffy moggy with you.

And dont even get me started on endless selfies. We know what you look like, if youre going somewhere nice then by all means share your pics but not a headshot of yourself!

One more thing, the friend who does 'cryptic' updates, eg "certain people need to learn what's important in their life". This is someone for whom trouble and drama follows her around, and its always everyone else's fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Sad :(

Followed by comments like
    What's wrong lovely
    And why are you sad
    And smile Hun

And so on.

However her response to these

"I'm sad about life lol" and
    "Yes I'm sad :("
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    Apart from the following:
    Liverpool Central Library
    Casbah Coffee Club
    Mendips - John Lennon Home
    Anfield Stadium
    Liverpool Anglican Cathedral
    Crosby Beach
    Merseyside Maritime Museum
    Royal Liverpool Philharmonic
    Albert Dock
    Tate Gallery
    Pier Head
    Sefton Park
    Liverpool Watersports Centre
    Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King
    Liverpool City Walks
    Woolton Picture House
    St. George's Hall
    Speke Hall
    Radio City Tower
    The Beatles Story
    Knowsley Safari Park

Seriously, I've read westie's post a couple of times and nowhere does he or she say anything about Liverpool....good or bad! You really should go back and re-read it, my friend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Just a general rant from me:

Why do my friends who happen to like cats think I need updating with the progress of their cat?

"Cat came back late"
    "Cat is hungry"
    "Cat is on my bed"

"Here's endless photos of my cat"

Go away and take your scruffy moggy with you.

I know someone who does this (although mostly on Twitter) and the "updates" are always things like ... "kitty is angry with me" "kitty tried to scratch me" "upset kitty, sorry kitty" ... This cat sounds like a psycho. Please take them to the vet or a shelter or something ...
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I saw this yesterday. "Thanks to those who wished my daughter a happy birthday yesterday. To the rest of you, time for a Facebook clear out I think". Her daughter is 3.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a work colleague who seems to be a mission to post every single animal picture on the internet with a "humorous" caption attached to it. I get about 10 a day on my news feed.

Who creates these shite things? Is there a Crap Caption Factory somewhere churning out thousands of "hilariously" captioned dog photos every day?
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I saw this yesterday. "Thanks to those who wished my daughter a happy birthday yesterday. To the rest of you, time for a Facebook clear out I think". Her daughter is 3.

Ha ha ha - that's well funny.
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    Maisymoo82Maisymoo82 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on my Facebook has just posted a picture of her newly decorated Christmas tree! Apparently it's her tradition to put the tree up on the Saturday after Halloween... As much as I like Christmas, I think she's crazy LOL!