premier league thread

Comments

• seankkseankk Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    will plp have next season rights also ?
    Forum Member
    2 remaining legit nbc accounts for sale (valid for next season also).
  • jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seankk wrote: »
    will plp have next season rights also ?
    I think they I iay be wrong but i heard that already gone to another provider over there
  • donjohn1109donjohn1109 Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Sadly, probably no PLP next season. This is from a NZ forum in February:

"New Zealand EPL rights have gone to an Al Jazeera sports subsidiary called beIN sports, which insiders say paid $10 million for the next three seasons as Campbell Gibson reports in today’s print edition of NBR.

Then ten million dollars, or $3.33 million a year, was just too rich for Spark. Lightbox Sport sells PremierLeaguePass.com season passes for $99, meaning it would need 33,333 subscribers just to cover programming costs. The joint venture has never commented on subscription numbers but there are indications it has fewer than 10,000 (PremierLeaguePass has 4301 followers on Twitter and 6783 on Facebook).

Sky TV could potentially get away with a third of that number of subscribers, given its Fanpass.co.nz already charges $299 a year (each) for Super Rugby, NRL and Formula One – but there was obviously a question over price elasticity.

But wait, it's not over yet.

Overnight, a person close to the deal revealed beIN’s real interest was in Australian rights but that, in the convoluted process of pursuing them, it paid an inflated price for the New Zealand rights. The Al Jazeera unit is said to now realise its blunder, and the insider predicts it might on-sell New Zealand rights to Lightbox Sport or Sky for a price below $10 million to recoup some of what its spent. And Lightbox Sport has confirmed that beIN is shopping around local rights. If there are no takers, beIN could launch its own streaming service in New Zealand.

Either way, things will have to be wrapped up by the time the 2016/2017 EPL kicks off in August."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive got a couple of genuine smart dns accounts for sale one from unotelly and one from getflix i wont be using them any more since my team is relegated and wont have any online coverage next season and,i dont really use any other services.

1 Unotelly valid until 25th of May 2017 £20

2 Getflix Lifetime (30 Year Valid ) £35

If anyone wants to take them off me please pm me
  • hard_to_beathard_to_beat Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about getting a Kodi box for the 3pms next season, what with PLP going out and the other options so much more expensive by comparison - any info, suggestions, forums?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about getting a Kodi box for the 3pms next season, what with PLP going out and the other options so much more expensive by comparison - any info, suggestions, forums?
    The only 2 legal and reliable options running on kodi are NBC Sports Live Extra and PLP as you know PLP will not be available from next season,I would wait until the start of next season to see what's available before committing to anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    For those who watch beIN through the connect platform, what is your picture quality like? I'm using overplay DNS and the stream bit rate is pretty horrible, almost as if I'm watching a dodgy flash stream. The picture quality seems to improve during the studio segments. Back when I had a satellite subscription to AJS it was a similar thing - studio quality was good but actual live match picture was pretty bad. I'm wondering if this is the case here?

I've taken a screenshot of the picture quality here http://postimg.org/image/78ma2vs9t/
  • gothergother Posts: 14,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fez888 wrote: »
    For those who watch beIN through the connect platform, what is your picture quality like? I'm using overplay DNS and the stream bit rate is pretty horrible, almost as if I'm watching a dodgy flash stream. The picture quality seems to improve during the studio segments. Back when I had a satellite subscription to AJS it was a similar thing - studio quality was good but actual live match picture was pretty bad. I'm wondering if this is the case here?

I've taken a screenshot of the picture quality here http://postimg.org/image/78ma2vs9t/

Get rid of overplay they are awful imo, try someone like getflix or unotelly instead. Both do free trials.
    Forum Member
    Thanks mate I'll give them a go. I tried unlocator today and that didn't help either. Im on plusnet fibre with an asus ac68u router so I dont think it is my internet?

Edit: Just changed my DNS settings to the Getflix ones, selected Saudi Arabia for the region etc but now beIN is throwing up error 3222?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fez888 wrote: »
    Thanks mate I'll give them a go. I tried unlocator today and that didn't help either. Im on plusnet fibre with an asus ac68u router so I dont think it is my internet?

Edit: Just changed my DNS settings to the Getflix ones, selected Saudi Arabia for the region etc but now beIN is throwing up error 3222?
    The error 3222 is a getflix error ii think you will not get a decent picture with any dns provider the servers they use in the middle east and Africa are just not up to it,personally i would try a fast vpn from the region if you can find one other than that forget about beinsports.
    Forum Member
    Spot on mate. The pic quality goes to pants especially during the heavy load times during live games, I can easily watch the recorded stuff at decent quality or even live NBA games which I dont think are that popular in the MENA.

Currently trying to watch the champions league game with getflix and it is horrible - contant buffering and picture quality is poor. Luckily I only purchased a one month pass and dont intend to renew.
    Heres an example of the picture at the mo http://postimg.org/image/oke0tyodd/

What services are you guys looking into for the next season?
  • BMoxBMox Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    It's going to be slim pickings next season on the legal front to watch the 3pms I fear.
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMox wrote: »
    It's going to be slim pickings next season on the legal front to watch the 3pms I fear.

If they launch an irish version of Now TV as Sky Sports Ireland has the 3pms live games on saturdays from next season
    Forum Member
    ftakeith wrote: »
    If they launch an irish version of Now TV as Sky Sports Ireland has the 3pms live games on saturdays from next season

I thought that they were only showing one 3pm game as per the Setanta deal...?
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that they were only showing one 3pm game as per the Setanta deal...?

sky sport ire takeover the setanta rights from next season
    Forum Member
    ftakeith wrote: »
    sky sport ire takeover the setanta rights from next season

I know, but didn't Setanta only show one 3pm game a week?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you know of anyone in the states you really dont need to look any further than nbc sports extra ive been impressed with there overall coverage and given the choice i prefer to watch them rather than sky and bt.
    Forum Member
    jcm193 wrote: »
    If you know of anyone in the states you really dont need to look any further than nbc sports extra ive been impressed with there overall coverage and given the choice i prefer to watch them rather than sky and bt.

I have one nbc sub left for next season , pm for price if interested.
  • Brian_BourdonBrian_Bourdon Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    bump thread
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I see bein sports have sold te new zeland rights to sky tv over there.

Does bein connect show. Premier league matches as its only £10pm.

Also being told to look at playstation vue for footy next season
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »

Afaik, Bein Connect is only running in Australia.

So that's New Zealand out of the running.

Looks like NBC is really the only way to watch the PL next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afaik, Bein Connect is only running in Australia.

So that's New Zealand out of the running.

Looks like NBC is really the only way to watch the PL next season.
    No more online in New Zealand

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/world-game/81047631/football-channels-will-cost-1196-a-month-sold-separately-from-skys-other-services
  • gothergother Posts: 14,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »

Playstation vue is tricky to sign up too even with a vpn.
  • PattaPatta Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Anyone seen the article on sky sports news about next years EFL fixtures? Interesting comment at the bottom of the article....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10500491/sky-sports-confirms-more-efl-fixtures

This season Sky Sports will show more than 700 matches from eight different leagues across its channels and digital outlets. For the first time, viewers will be able to enjoy regular live coverage of Premier League matches on Friday nights in addition to those shown on Saturday and Sunday afternoons and Monday Night Football.

In another first, viewers in the Republic of Ireland will also be able to enjoy live coverage of the Premier League in a regular slot on Saturday afternoons at 3pm. And an expanded mobile clips service delivered by Sky Sports' Football Score Centre app will enable users to enjoy more highlights of Premier League and Football League matches on their phones on match days.