Options

Madonna - New Video - Jump

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
Forum Member
Hi all, Just to give you a heads up. Channel 4 have the premier of Madonna's new video for the brilliant single "Jump". It is on Wednesday 4th October at 11.05PM.

The video was shot in Japan by Jonas Akerland at the end of the Confessions World Tour and features the new blonde bob cut/wig.

Track is amazing, heres hoping for an amazing video.

Comments

• Options
    MixstarMixstar Posts: 9,290
    Forum Member
    Ooooh, will keep an eye out for this! Love Jump, Love The Bob, Love Madge! :D
  • Options
    girojimgirojim Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great song but is a rip-off of 'West end girls' by the Pet Shop Boys
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know ole' Madge was still releasing singles from that Confessions album- next month it will have been a year since it's been out...
  • Options
    ian001ian001 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As spotted by Popjustice, some fans in America made their own video. Very professional!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAgKsSd69BQ&eurl=
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    have a look at the madonna "Hung Up" video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh0FbL5vQ9c
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Cant wait...have a feeling its gonna be really good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    burzacott wrote:
    Thats odd...it was supposed to be on an hour ago and Ive ha channel 4 on for the past few hours?!

It's on tomorrow.
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    girojim wrote:

I'm a big Pet Shop Boys fan, just curious, but how does "Jump" rip-off West End Girls?
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a boring and ordinary track I find this, there's nothing exciting about it at all.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    getty wrote:
    What a boring and ordinary track I find this, there's nothing exciting about it at all.

Just like most of her recent music. The only good song from that Confessions album was "Hung Up".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikw wrote:
    I'm a big Pet Shop Boys fan, just curious, but how does "Jump" rip-off West End Girls?

I thought that too when i read the post so i went and put on 'West End Girls'and there are some similarities to it actually which i never pickd up on before. At the start of 'Jump' you can hear it. It's not a surprise as she did list them as a major influence on her during this recent album and i'm sure they don't mind either as i think they are all friends.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    So what does everyone think of the video?

I like it!
  • Options
    ian001ian001 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From a first viewing, I don't think it cuts well between the shots of the dancers outside in Japan and Madonna dancing in the studio.

It just says "we had days to film the dancers in Tokyo and a couple hours to film Madonna in the studio" which was probably true as Madonna was on tour when it was filmed. It would have looked better if Madonna had been filmed outside. The set of street signs in the studio looks a bit naff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    ian001 wrote:
    From a first viewing, I don't think it cuts well between the shots of the dancers outside in Japan and Madonna dancing in the studio.

It just says "we had days to film the dancers in Tokyo and a couple hours to film Madonna in the studio" which was probably true as Madonna was on tour when it was filmed. It would have looked better if Madonna had been filmed outside. The set of street signs in the studio looks a bit naff.
    I agree with you on that! I feel a bit let down! The video could have been amazing!!
  • Options
    madwuminmadwumin Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    girojim wrote:

What a load of rubbish!
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell was she wearing? lol