Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    John Stapleton returns next week in for JOB.

Good because last time John Stapleton presented this show he was a marked improvement on James O'Brien. Perhaps they could give James a week off to shadow John Stapleton and find out how to present a radio show properly.
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Genuinely ex-smokers of the real tobacco have an abhorrence towards others who continue to smoke. Why are ecigs smokers so emphatic about how they're viewed? The formula is just the same, it still reeks of nicotine addiction without harming others. Having said that, the jury is out on the consequences of vapour users affecting others.

I am an ex-smoker and have been a vaper for nearly 5 years. It has given me back a healthy life. I have no abhorrence towards smokers and maintain a libertarian attitude towards smoking, but agree that neither should take place in enclosed public spaces, albeit that there is no current evidence that e cigarette vapour is harmful to others. I would rather err on the side of caution and not offend anyone.
    Even the most puritanical prohibitionists admit that vaping is a magnitude safer than smoking tobacco and can save innumerable lives if people switch to it. I could not care less what anybody thinks if they see me vaping. They can call me whatever they choose. My beef lies with irresponsible types like Dale who use their position to voice their own ignorance-based insults about ecig users. As I have put it to Dale previously on the forum, if his puerile name-calling prevents any, indeed just one person from quitting smoking in favour of vaping, then he should consider the possible consequences on those individuals' health. I am reminded of the Barnett/vaccination scenario in this regard.
    Cayce, you appear very concerned about nicotine, although you obviously know that this substance is not the harmful part of cigarettes and is therefore not a problem as such in the small quantities used in e cigarettes. Indeed, recent studies have found it to be beneficial in some health conditions, and is now regarded as akin to caffeine in its properties. However, if you find the very existence of nicotine abhorrent, then I would direct you to the accepted and promoted nicotine replacement therapy products which I understand are available from the age of 12. Oh, and you should be wary about certain vegetables.
  • Options
    James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    The Rajars don't seem to have any shocks or surprises. Overnights holding up really well, although the 4am spike is more of a bump. Here's Paul Easton's graphs:

http://pauleaston.blogspot.co.uk/

Morning all. :)

'The 4am spike' is becoming worn down. Same recycled crap every day, it's just for the sycophants now.

Breakfast and late nights are holding up, despite some not liking NF or DB. AP is doing very well on Saturday mornings.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Apologies for previous post, I always manage to leave a word out with multitasking. It should have read J-HB really 'cracked it today.

I prefer your original post, Cayce, JHB has always seemed cracked to me. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steve Allen gets nuttier by the day.

Not happy with using only disposable pants and socks, he now uses 'little silver trays', that he cooks food in and then eats straight out of it, then chucks. He bought 50.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not happy with using only disposable pants and socks, he now uses 'little silver trays', that he cooks food in and then eats straight out of it, then chucks. He bought 50.

Absolutely crackers. What a waste!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Linzi Kinghorn reading the 4:30am news, started with a story about a man going back to New York with the virus - no mention of which virus, although I assume it's ebola.

Then Stewie starts to speak and an advert comes in over the top of him, as you can hear him go 'Ooh'. What a mess!
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stewie, from his studio at Brinsworth no doubt, considers people don't throw rubbish out of their car windows any more. I am sure he says it to wind people up. Also he seems to be annoyed that a shower head was posted to him from Kowloon. He probably thinks things are still made in the UK!
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member

He bought 50 'little silver trays', Steve must be a barmy. How long does it take to wash a plate!?
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Rajars don't seem to have any shocks or surprises. Overnights holding up really well, although the 4am spike is more of a bump. Here's Paul Easton's graphs:

http://pauleaston.blogspot.co.uk/

Steve got to contend with James Max who plays songs in between. So all the early showsaround Steve is blowing them off the dial and he dosnt play music.

Is that just London or across the UK?

Global,. Bauer etc stations won't ever beat the beeb, cause of the difference.

Just think we need a proper break down for each county too see who's listening more to what station? It would be interesting too see who tuning in to Steve Wright or Matt Wilkinson on Heart - or Chris Evans and say Tom Lyndsey and Jack on Heart Sussex or Vanessa Feltz and Steve Allen, Martin Collins on Magic or Nicola Born on smoothor even at the weekends Anneka Rice and Simon Dale on Magic or Jk and Lucy on Heart
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    Stewie, from his studio at Brinsworth no doubt, considers people don't throw rubbish out of their car windows any more. I am sure he says it to wind people up. Also he seems to be annoyed that a shower head was posted to him from Kowloon. He probably thinks things are still made in the UK!

Can we make it the 'high security wing' at Brinsworth..........?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we make it the 'high security wing' at Brinsworth..........?

They only let him out to the studio after he has been heavily sedated Cayce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    They only let him out to the studio after he has been heavily sedated Cayce.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He bought 50 'little silver trays', Steve must be a barmy. How long does it take to wash a plate!?

He used to boast that he doesn't possess a cooker.
    Maybe he doesn't have a kitchen sink either.
    What a weird world he inhabits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Ponders how many log cabins to purchase today* :o
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Just think we need a proper break down for each county too see who's listening more to what station? It would be interesting too see who tuning in to Steve Wright or Matt Wilkinson on Heart - or Chris Evans and say Tom Lyndsey and Jack on Heart Sussex or Vanessa Feltz and Steve Allen, Martin Collins on Magic or Nicola Born on smoothor even at the weekends Anneka Rice and Simon Dale on Magic or Jk and Lucy on Heart

If you've got a spare two or three grand for a RAJAR subscription, you can get the detailed breakdown of who's listening to what and when.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He used to boast that he doesn't possess a cooker.
    Maybe he doesn't have a kitchen sink either.
    What a weird world he inhabits.

He mentioned the other day that he's had the new Lakeland catalogue! It's easy to get into sloppy habits if you live alone and aren't domesticated. He probably turns everything into a one pot meal, gives it ten minutes in the halogen oven and eats it from the dish. He's mentioned sprouts and cut up steak in mushroom soup. (deeeelicious!) Weird but healthier than a takeaway, I suppose.

Just remembered, he was going on about Lakeland having a new gadget that makes an omelette on a stick! I bet he can't resist getting one of those.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nuttier and nuttier. It's weird enough he does this but even stranger that he seems proud of himself for doing it, and telling us all about it:confused:

Didn't realise he disposes of the pants too, not surprised though:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vile Farage evidently didn't hear the family of Alice Gross's appeal not to exploit her death for political purposes. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thewilson wrote: »
    Cayce, you appear very concerned about nicotine, although you obviously know that this substance is not the harmful part of cigarettes and is therefore not a problem as such in the small quantities used in e cigarettes. Indeed, recent studies have found it to be beneficial in some health conditions, and is now regarded as akin to caffeine in its properties. However, if you find the very existence of nicotine abhorrent, then I would direct you to the accepted and promoted nicotine replacement therapy products which I understand are available from the age of 12. Oh, and you should be wary about certain vegetables.

Gee, thanks.

Nicotine replacement didn't work for me, and ecigs still caused the sensation to smoke.

As for the advice on vegetables I don't need to eat too many tomatoes, like these> >:(>:(. Except of course, Sunblush which delights the palate.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Absolutely crackers. What a waste!

I bet he sits in front of his Television eating food as well. How absolute chavvy, doing the very thing he criticises the people who provide him with fodder for his graveyard slot.
    I listen, should I choose now to listen to early morning radio, to Penny Smith and Paul Ross - for a while anyway. Far better than the repetitive, spluttering and coughing alternative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Vile Farage evidently didn't hear the family of Alice Gross's appeal not to exploit her death for political purposes. :(

Vile, indeed. He also condoned fox-hunting as a sport. He was totally clueless on the more humane methods of culling foxes. Seeing as this subject has been heavily debated in the House of Commons, you'd think he'd be up to speed - evidently not.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does anyone really buy into Stewies madman stories? Maybe what he says about his private life is true, in which case he is nutty. It would be quite fascinating, as he is carted off to the funny farm, to look back on the moment he began to go crackers. But I doubt that would happen. Much of what he says about his private life is all for effect, because let's face it the rest of his show would be a repeat rinse of Katona, Price et al and bore most people. He wouldn't have much content for a 2hr programme otherwise.

Also, why does NF assume that just because there is no direct written instructions from the Met on a piece of paper, email or otherwise to the undercover cop that the woman can't sue? Instructions can be implied by a simple nod, conversation, telephone call or some comment like "You may think to do that, Bill, but I couldn't possibly comment. I'll leave it to your discretion" as the man and his handler sit on a bench in park. I understand the point NF is making but to use that as a reason why the woman has no business suing the Met is a bit ropey.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Allen is getting like Quentin Crisp who only used plastic plates, knives and forks and never washed up!
    I am wondering if he lives in his bathroom. From his description, he was hundreds of books (well before the flood), three clocks, a little seat he can sit on in the shower and a fully fitted carpet (before the flood). I wonder if he sits on his little chair with his tin box and watches TV.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Does anyone really buy into Stewies madman stories? Maybe what he says about his private life is true, in which case he is nutty. It would be quite fascinating, as he is carted off to the funny farm, to look back on the moment he began to go crackers. But I doubt that would happen. Much of what he says about his private life is all for effect, because let's face it the rest of his show would be a repeat rinse of Katona, Price et al and bore most people. He wouldn't have much content for a 2hr programme otherwise.

Also, why does NF assume that just because there is no direct written instructions from the Met on a piece of paper, email or otherwise to the undercover cop that the woman can't sue? Instructions can be implied by a simple nod, conversation, telephone call or some comment like "You may think to do that, Bill, but I couldn't possibly comment. I'll leave it to your discretion" as the man and his handler sit on a bench in park. I understand the point NF is making but to use that as a reason why the woman has no business suing the Met is a bit ropey.

Go on, Sue 'Em, as the famous radio lawyer Gary Jacobs, used to say. Sue 'Em.
This discussion has been closed.