Options

Tess was actually quite good tonight

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
Her best presenting of the series. Perhaps she learned something from Zoe.

Comments

• Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I hardly notice her...and that's a compliment as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you're all heart, peter
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Tess :) Don't really understand why she gets a hard time.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shockingly bad. Thick as a brick so can't ad lib. BBC need to dump as this series proved she is not up to the job. Zoë is far more natural.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I thought she was getting better but then Zoe stepped in for Claudia and she started trying to ad-lib more, which rarely amounts to anything more than loudly repeating what someone has just said. Maybe she thinks her job is on the line now that the producers know they have a more capable host with Zoe. Zoe and Claudia is definitely the way forward imo.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Claudia and Zoe though don't mind Tess.

But what I noticed this evening was that the height disparity between Claude and Tess seems to have been 'dealt with'! :D

I'm guessing Tess was in flattish shoes and Claudia was in stilettoes but they looked much better onscreen as roughly the same height rather than having to have Claude gazing up at Tess.
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    She's so annoying when she comments on the judges marks.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week was the first time she has annoyed me!

Why is she saying 'They're all on their feet' the way Bruce did when the audience stand up? >:(>:(>:(

And commenting on the dances before the judges do. Stop it Tess.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's so annoying when she comments on the judges marks.

She's annoying full stop. It is either scripted comedy delivered worse than a 85 year old Brucie. She just isn't very bright so can't ad lib like Brucie did. She doesn't know a flippin thing about dance so her reactions as based on absolutely nowt. Brucie did at least have an idea of what he was seeing. Both Zoe and Claudia are far more natural and seem to be closer to the dancers/celebrities than ever Tess is. Tess is almost like an outsider to it all.
  • Options
    davversdavvers Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Starpuss wrote: »
    This week was the first time she has annoyed me!

Why is she saying 'They're all on their feet' the way Bruce did when the audience stand up? >:(>:(>:(

And commenting on the dances before the judges do. Stop it Tess.

Couldn't agree more. Would be grateful if she stopped trying to be the "star of the show". She should just provide the links without telling us what we are seeing with our own eyes and without her personal opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She thinks it's part of her role to defend the dancers from the judges and whip up the crowd. Unfortunately away from the security of a script she's a little stilted because she's not from a performing but a modeling background. At least she doesn't come close to breaking the show, because she's doesn't try to hog the camera.
    If the show's ratings do not drop I think the producer might even keep her on for another year. After all, the producer seems oblivious to how crap the scripted humour is.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was getting better but then Zoe stepped in for Claudia and she started trying to ad-lib more, which rarely amounts to anything more than loudly repeating what someone has just said. Maybe she thinks her job is on the line now that the producers know they have a more capable host with Zoe. Zoe and Claudia is definitely the way forward imo.

It's easier to ad-lib when you are not in the main role, the main presenter has more responsibilities for keeping the programme running to schedule and on time.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    She isn't good enough to be the shows main presenter.
  • Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Tess but come on girl ... CHANGE THE RECORD!!!

'Look, they're on their feet for you!'
    'They're on their feet!'
    'And yet again they're standing up!'
    'Look around my darling, they're standing for you!

etc etc etc.

maybe say it once or twice but EVERY BLO*DY TIME?!? Tess, they can see and we can see ... so STOP SAYING IT!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »

Yes bless you Vernon but you love her so you are biased, now go away and present something.:)
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess held the show together tonight. She gets such a hard time from people but rises above it. A strong lady. I like her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    Yes bless you Vernon but you love her so you are biased, now go away and present something.:)
    Or sext someone maybe
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    She's annoying full stop. It is either scripted comedy delivered worse than a 85 year old Brucie. She just isn't very bright so can't ad lib like Brucie did. She doesn't know a flippin thing about dance so her reactions as based on absolutely nowt. Brucie did at least have an idea of what he was seeing. Both Zoe and Claudia are far more natural and seem to be closer to the dancers/celebrities than ever Tess is. Tess is almost like an outsider to it all.
    Seconded
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iv always liked Tess, at the end of the day she has been there since day 1 so she is part of the furniture anyway.
    The slight problems I have are with Claudia and perhaps Zoe. Both are at ease with live tv (especially Zoe), both have done ITT very well-but to me both tend to be overwhelming in their Tess pit role. All that's needed there imo is a couple of fed questions about the routine, not whooped up semi-drunken delirium (amongst everyone there) and maybe clever but (imo) irritating puns and word play. I thought some of tonight was just a loud mess tbh.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thirded
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, she was better, but that was mostly because Claudia was subdued and back in her box.

Tess still doesn't cut it as a host of the BBC's premier entertainment show. Oh, and her posture is terrible and getting worse. Why, on a dancing show, can somebody not tell her to stand up straight and put her shoulders back.
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shockingly bad. Thick as a brick so can't ad lib. BBC need to dump as this series proved she is not up to the job. Zoë is far more natural.

Agreed.

But they won't
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way she spots that the audience is on its feet - brilliant stuff.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »

She did do well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member

I don't think "thick as a brick" could complete a degree at Cambridge University:confused:

Me thinks her humour flies over some people's heads perhaps :p