Options

Eastenders Carters: Which would you keep

EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
Forum Member
✭✭
I know some people don'y like the Carters because they are dominating the show but I would like to know which Carter's would you keep if you were EP? I won't include Johnny and Stan and Dean in the poll.

Also when I went to Elstree I metthe wonderful Kellie Bright so if anyone wants to see my picture of me and Kellie then PM me.

Which Carter's would you keep 226 votes

Linda
21%
DeschanelSecretLifeoBeesvaldmossy2103sajanGambit_is_aceClaypio_elly001Lizzie BrookesReoOnly_YouRandomPeter94SuperAPJ[Deleted User]hils0912ArthurJBear[Deleted User]walford-e20CherryRoseEESuperFan 49 votes
Mick
21%
DeschanelSecretLifeoBeesvaldmossy2103sajanMiss HavershamGambit_is_aceClaypio_elly001Lizzie BrookesReoOnly_YouRandomPeter94hils0912ArthurJBear[Deleted User]walford-e20CherryRoseEESuperFanemmageering 49 votes
Nancy
18%
DeschanelSecretLifeoBeesvaldsajanClaypio_elly001Lizzie BrookesReoOnly_YouSuperAPJhils0912ArthurJBear[Deleted User]walford-e20CherryRoseEESuperFanemmageeringVioletSummersScrabblervaslav37 42 votes
Lee
10%
valdGambit_is_ace_elly001Lizzie BrookesSuperAPJArthurJBear[Deleted User]walford-e20CherryRoseemmageeringVioletSummersScrabbler[Deleted User]I've Got ClassRingoJ739KguestofsethTheGraduate2012angelofmusiqueOzboz3Ell_Ren 24 votes
Shirley
15%
SecretLifeoBeesvaldsajanMiss HavershamClaypio_elly001RandomPeter94SuperAPJhils0912ArthurJBear[Deleted User]CherryRoseEESuperFanemmageeringVioletSummersScrabblervaslav37fizzle90[Deleted User]I've Got Class 35 votes
Babe
11%
SecretLifeoBeesvaldmossy2103_elly001Lizzie Brookeshils0912ArthurJBear[Deleted User]CherryRoseEESuperFanVioletSummersScrabblervaslav37eaststreetloverguestofsethDalekCannburbeTheGraduate2012Stuart25angelofmusique 27 votes

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poll added soon
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babe
    I'd keep them all, I don't think they're dominating the show at all. All families have their own storylines going on, Mick and Linda get more screen time due to the Vic, no more than any other landlord or family that have lived there.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babe
    Lee is the only weak link in the Carters along with Tosh who is not listed in this poll.
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I'd keep them all, I don't think they're dominating the show at all. All families have their own storylines going on, Mick and Linda get more screen time due to the Vic, no more than any other landlord or family that have lived there.

I agree with all of that. When the Mitchells were in the Vic from December 2005-September 2010 they featured in most episodes. At one point in September 2009-November 2009 there were 9 mitchell's on the square and in 2010 there were 9 mitchells still. In fact the Mitchells were the main feature on Christmas Day 2008 and Christmas Day 2009.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot Tina as well I always forget someone
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Babe
    I would first and foremost keep Shirley, Babe and Nancy.
    Technically not a Carter but Buster too.
    Mick and Linda need to be toned down a bit.
    Lee is beginning to become more interesting.
    Not on the poll as he is leaving anyway but STAN!:(
    And Tina.
    To be honest I would probabaly keep them all.

Besides a great deal of appearances from Mick and Linda, I don't think the Carters are dominating, there are other storylines going on simultaneously.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babe
    I would keep all of these. The only one I wouldn't miss is Tina but she's not on here.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Babe
    All of them, I'd keep Tina as well. The Carters don't bother me, they're all interesting individual characters which is the important thing, not the fact that they all share a surname (well most of them do.) What does bother me is when people post the same complaints about the Carters over and over, often just shouting "The Carter Show*" for the sake of it, which is why I'm staying well clear of the "Christmas synopsis" thread as I can guarantee I've read all the posts in there ten times before, at least. The Carters take up a bigger percentage of this forum than they do of the show.

*Which is the most annoying forum term since this forum invented "midnight announcements" and then started moaning at the BBC for the forum-created hype.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I agree with all of that. When the Mitchells were in the Vic from December 2005-September 2010 they featured in most episodes. At one point in September 2009-November 2009 there were 9 mitchell's on the square and in 2010 there were 9 mitchells still. In fact the Mitchells were the main feature on Christmas Day 2008 and Christmas Day 2009.
    Everyone loved the mitchells and they were popular
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babe
    I'd only do away with Tina and Tosh. Maybe Lee as well.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Babe
    Lee and Tosh can go, the rest can stay.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Babe
    Everyone loved the mitchells and they were popular

I couldn't abide Peggy, didn't care for Sam and can only take Phil in small doses. So not everyone.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Babe
    vald wrote: »
    I couldn't abide Peggy, didn't care for Sam and can only take Phil in small doses. So not everyone.

Same. I actually prefer the Masoods, Cottons and Carters to the Mitchells.

Though I didn't mind Peggy, in small doses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Phil is a popular soap character and whenever when it about the mitchells eastenders get high ratings. No one in the carters will ever be as popular as phil and grant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I dont remember the Mitchells dominating as much as the Carters. It barely goes one episode without them all appearing it seems to be the Carter show and its going to be all about them at Xmas by the looks of it.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry- where's the extended family?? Tina , Tosh, Stan, Dean ??

We know someone them are going but theoretically can't we give our opinions on them?? where are they in the poll?
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley
    Only voted for Shirley, can't stand the rest of them!
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stan and Johnny

Sack the rest
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Babe
    Phil is a popular soap character and whenever when it about the mitchells eastenders get high ratings. No one in the carters will ever be as popular as phil and grant.

Phil and Grant were great back in the day...a long, long time ago.

I haven't noticed that they do anything for the viewing figures, apart from the shooting getting a slight increase.
  • Options
    Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I haven't noticed that they do anything for the viewing figures, apart from the shooting getting a slight increase.

Well The Carters are not doing much better with the ratings.

I would get ride of every single Carter on the show except for Linda mother Elaine she the only person i like and she is a peacock not a carter. Fed Up of Carters. If I wanted to watch a show with mainly focusing on one Family i would watch Dallas
  • Options
    walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Lee
    I'd be very happy if all we had were Mick, Linda, Nancy and Johnny. I can take or leave the rest.
  • Options
    Forum Member

When they returned in 2005 the boosted ratings and Who shot phil. I can name a lots of but i will be here all day
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loved Peggy. Barbara did a good job in the breast cancer storyline IMO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only voted for Shirley, can't stand the rest of them!

How come you can't stand Linda, Mick and Nanbcy Do you think Kellie and Danny can act?