Options

Is Steph the only likeable Dorothy left?

RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't mind the remaining four Dorothy's (even Sophie impressed me this week and I usually find her poor), but I can't help but feel Steph is the only likeable one left.

Sure, they all have their fans; but generally speaking.

Lauren is made to look arrogant.
Danielle is made out to be 'The Chosen One'
And most people find Sophie poor.

Which leaves Steph - who people quite like because she seems like she's fighting for her place.

Anyway agree?

Comments

• Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sophie is likeable.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Danielle and Sophie the most. Sophie has the most warmth and humility imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    Sophie is likeable.

I agree and personally I don't find her poor. The only one who isn't very likable in my view is Lauren.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I think they're all likable, but I personally find Danielle the most likable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find Danielle likeable.

She's not exactly UNlikeable, she just seems rather serious and a bit cold and detached from the other girls. Dorothy needs to be played by someone with a big heart. That applies to Lauren too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Did you even watch the results show? All of the girls, including Danielle, seemed extremely close.

I find Danielle extremely likable. Sophie and Steph as well. I wasn't sure about Lauren for a while but I like her now as well. I also really liked Jessica.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    I find Steph the most likeable.

They make Lauren out to be some kind of ice maiden just cos she's good and doesn't cry all the time

They make Danielle out to be a loner

Not sure what they try and make Sophie like... unconfident maybe? I dunno
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    mmmh the OP doesn't rate Sophie much and that blinds her to little details such as who is currently leading the favourite Dorothy poll ...... so "most people find Sophie poor"..... seemingly not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnoopMK wrote: »
    ^Did you even watch the results show? All of the girls, including Danielle, seemed extremely close.

I find Danielle extremely likable. Sophie and Steph as well. I wasn't sure about Lauren for a while but I like her now as well. I also really liked Jessica.

They may SEEM close, but there's a difference between those are putting it on for the cameras and which are more genuine.

Lauren and Danielle see it as more of a competition in my eyes and strictly professional. But Steph and Sophie its more of an emotional experience, and neither of these ever probably expected they could win it.

As I say I don't dislike any of them, some are just more likeable than others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^I don't think any of them are putting it on. It looks perfectly genuine to me. The displays of affection have been increasing every week, and I don't think that's an act. I think it's because they all know each other so well now and are more comfortable with each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnoopMK wrote: »
    ^I don't think any of them are putting it on. It looks perfectly genuine to me. The displays of affection have been increasing every week, and I don't think that's an act. I think it's because they all know each other so well now and are more comfortable with each other.

Only to an extent. I'm sure they have all bonded a bit.

I always look to see the other girls reactions to who has been put in the bottom two to see how upset they are. They were all gutted about Stephanie, for example. Emilie seemed well liked too.
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmmh the OP doesn't rate Sophie much and that blinds her to little details such as who is currently leading the favourite Dorothy poll ...... so "most people find Sophie poor"..... seemingly not.

The OP is male.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    i'd say lauren's the only one who gets my back up slightly, but it's not a search for my new best friend so it doesn't really bother me. i do think steph is very likeable, but sophie and danielle also seem like nice girls.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    The OP is male.

Whatever ..... still talking claptrap
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    They're all likeable and Steph is no more likeable than the other three. This does'nt alter my opinion that only Danielle and Sophie have that innocence that I want to see in Dorothy.
  • Options
    lipglosslipgloss Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've gone off Steph the past 2 weeks so she's the least likable of those left for me, but none of them are particularly objectionable to me now.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like all the final four.

I definitely think Sophie is the most likeable but her performances make me nervous, apart from this week where she was much more animated.

Having said that I don't really care how likeable someone is as long as they can do a stunning performance. :)
  • Options
    lilhunni_Jolilhunni_Jo Posts: 13,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find them all likeable to some extent, just Sophie and Steph more than the other 2. :) I've found Danielle becoming a bit more likeable in the last few weeks.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren is extremely efficient but not especially likable.

Sophie is very likable but not reliable.

Steph and Danielle tick both boxes :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I think they are all very likeable from what we get to see.
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont understand how Sophie supposedly being poor makes her any less likeable? I think she's extremely likeable.
  • Options
    tiggosaurustiggosaurus Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, all these threads dissecting the girls' off-stage personalities (based on a smattering of video clips and a heap of speculative clap-trap) are getting pathetic imho. :o

The more relevant factor is surely whether they have the temperament (as well as the ability) to perform regularly on a West End stage in front of large audiences, to take criticism on the chin, to listen to direction.and to adapt accordingly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is a shame that these competitions always come down to 'likeability'. I am guilty of it too but I find it frustrating when I find myself judging a performance on whether I like the contestant or not. I love Lauren. I almost feel alone in this and think she has the best voice and is the best all rounder. I also like her, I think she is herself. Danielle bores me both personality and singing wise. Steph is likeable but her voice is not that strong. Sophie comes across as a lovely girl but am not sure I can see her as Dorothy. anyway, for me Lauren should win it but I doubt she will as she seems to rub people up the wrong way! I don't think she should lose because of it but I would feel the same as people who dislike Lauren if Danielle won simply because she does nothing for me - either singing or personality.
    Wow, what a waffly post! Hahaha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sophie is the most likeable, I just never took any notice of her until this week.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, all these threads dissecting the girls' off-stage personalities (based on a smattering of video clips and a heap of speculative clap-trap) are getting pathetic imho. :o

The more relevant factor is surely whether they have the temperament (as well as the ability) to perform regularly on a West End stage in front of large audiences, to take criticism on the chin, to listen to direction.and to adapt accordingly.

I don't.

The bottom line is, ALW would have auditioned the girls in the normal way if ability was the only criteria he was interested in. But the fact that the audition process has been turned into a reality show, where the public has a say, means the girls' personalities are also of interest and are inevitably going to be talked about.