Options

Did you receive a Christmas gift you do not like or one you like but do not need?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
Forum Member
Were you given a Christmas gift earlier this week which you did not like; one you like but do not need or one which (if it was a clothing or footwear item) does not fit?

What will you do with it - keep it, give it to someone else or ask the person who gave it to you if it can be returned to the shop or replaced at the shop?

Overall, are you satisfied with the Christmas gifts you were given earlier this week (if you received any) and are they as good as the presents you gave other people on Christmas Day?

Comments

• Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband bought me a book that I already had. I thought it was reasonable to suggest I take it back and swap it for one I wanted, but he got really upset and clearly thought I was rejecting his gift so I feel guilty now.

I have kept it, maybe I will donate my other copy to a charity shop or something.
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was happy with everything I got this year. A bra didn't fit but has already been replaced. I'd say presents were as good (though that's not the reason I give presents) apart from my boyfriend, who gave me an engagement ring and a week in Italy :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was given a poinsettia plant by a colleague on the last day of work before Christmas. It was a lovely thought and I really appreciated the gesture, but I am absolutely appalling at looking after plants. So Christmas Eve I 'regifted' it to my nan, who I know would look after it a lot better than I ever could. :o

The rest of my presents have all been pretty much perfect :) (mainly chocolate or wine, which you can't go wrong with hehe)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked all my presents except for a dress that my mum bought me, it looked nice on the hanger but terrible on me!
  • Options
    peacelilypeacelily Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked all of my christmas presents. They were all very well thought out.

Amazon vouchers, cash, Lush toiletries (my favourites from the retro range, plus others), nice undies, dressing gown, an excellent slow cooker recipe book, amongst other things.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A freeview box, I like it but my parents thought mine in my room didn't work, it does so will keep it as a spare.
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A winter hat I 'll never wear and a leather belt that is 6 inches too long. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    One of my friend's got a toaster from her husband! They're not getting on very well at the moment. Friend of a friend got given car mats. She said she knew then the marriage was heading for divorce.

Mr S and myself don't give each other Xmas gifts, my birthday is 2 days after Xmas and his is early January so we splash out on those days instead.
  • Options
    macca@90macca@90 Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MIL got me a polo neck - who has worn one of those since Gail Tilsley? :eek:

Size 14 to boot cheeky beggar. I am a 10-12 :mad:

It has been exchanged today ;)
  • Options
    missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband got connect 4 from his brother - hubby is 32 and his brother is 35
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    i got a mug that comes with its own 'jumper'

hhmm