Orange Wednesdays on iPad

Has anyone managed to get the Orange Wednesdays app to give out a 241 code on an iPad? Even since the update that was supposed to give the ability to register iPad 3G accounts on it, it still doesn't give out codes, just gets stuck in a loop asking for iPad account details.

Emailing Orange hasn't been a help either- they advised going to Orange World for one, which seeing as the iPad can't receive texts, doesn't work either!

So has anyone managed it? Or are we all going to have to wait for a proper iPad edition of the app?

Comments

• TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cinemas I've been to, they ask to see the code on the phone screen themselves. Are you going to take your iPad to the cinema.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    At the Showcase in Bristol Cabot Circus they've never bothered to ask to see the screen, and on an evening it gets so busy sometimes they don't even bother typing the code into the machine, they just note it down!

Anyway, the same could be said for people getting them off their mobile broadband dongles, do they have to open their laptop screen at the box office?!

Would be a bit odd though showing the code in zoom size on the screen though I grant you!
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheBigM wrote: »
    Cinemas I've been to, they ask to see the code on the phone screen themselves. Are you going to take your iPad to the cinema.

They are supposed to accept the code from anywhere as Orange Mobile broadband customers have been able to get a code for ages.

To quote Orange:

"We'll send you back a unique code*. Make a note of it, and show it to the box office staff to get hold of your 2 for 1 tickets. Easy"
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    brizzle42 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get the Orange Wednesdays app to give out a 241 code on an iPad? Even since the update that was supposed to give the ability to register iPad 3G accounts on it, it still doesn't give out codes, just gets stuck in a loop asking for iPad account details.

Emailing Orange hasn't been a help either- they advised going to Orange World for one, which seeing as the iPad can't receive texts, doesn't work either!

So has anyone managed it? Or are we all going to have to wait for a proper iPad edition of the app?

Did you ever get this working, I have been trying today in vain, including an hour spent on the phone to Orange CS. Same problem with stuck in account loop, not at all clear what is meant by username, Orange tried to tell me it was my iTunes login details.