It was just nasty to count down the contestants...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
Forum Member
Why not just announce the top three? I cringed for the others. :(

Comments

• ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, felt bad for Jean. :( They should have just released the voting figures as they do other years and allowed us to view the finishing order in our own time, not broadcast it on live television.
  • LocomoLocomo Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit I was interested to know the order but it did seem rather unkind.
  • soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was harsh too, but good entertainment.
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wanted to know but afterwards online

and simon saying he didnt know that was happening hmmmm course he didnt
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least it was relatively quick - they could have spun it out over half an hour, with several ad breaks in between, which would have been worse.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was cruel but entertaining :D
  • casa_novacasa_nova Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    I liked it crueler the better. Much prefer that format.
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt sorry for the other acts when they found out their positions. Jean seemed to take 10th place pretty well but I'm glad the autistic dancer wasn't last, that would have been cruel. I think the order was about right really - stephen hall just seemed permanently apologetic for even being there !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, it was quite uncomfortable to watch although it was sort-of interesting :o
  • Eloise TardellaEloise Tardella Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    typical the only woman in the final came last
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed at Les' placement :o
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I predicted Les to come third on King Predictor :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it, it was interesting to know where people had come and I must admit I was going "no! Please, get the dancing dad out!" until he came 7th or whatever :-)

I think that announcing results make it less likely that there will be claims of "fix" that Rasy wasn't in the top 3 or whatever... fine by me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I laughed at Les' placement :o

At least he made you laugh.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preferred it. They're going to find out what order they came in anyway, and the public are always keen to know voting order.... so it was the quickest way.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    I am more interested in knowing who came second in the public vote all week. I wonder if ITV will put them on the site like they do with IACGMOOH.
  • rob_bangorrob_bangor Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe they did it this way because of the fixing allegation. in the past they've only announced the top 3. probably the same reason they announced the percentage of the votes live on the show.
  • Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit WTF with it all considering they didn't do it the other years... it must suck knowing you're that low in the public vote.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they would find ou where they came anyway..but admittedly not in front of a live audience and with red lights shining on them lol
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predicted Les to come third on King Predictor :eek:
    oh no, i forgot about king predictor - i didn't know it was on for BGT
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was it nasty? Some of them were very lucky to be there at all. Coming tenth is nothing to be ashamed of really is it.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it. The acts deserve to know where they came, and I was curious too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, felt bad for Jean. :( They should have just released the voting figures as they do other years and allowed us to view the finishing order in our own time, not broadcast it on live television.

I do wonder if she would have been last if they hadn't put her sideways on to the audience rather than face on like she was at her audition and in the semi final. It just made her performance awkward having to keep turning round to look at everyone :(
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do wonder if she would have been last if they hadn't put her sideways on to the audience rather than face on like she was at her audition and in the semi final. It just made her performance awkward having to keep turning round to look at everyone :(

Jean came 10th because she was completely outperformed by Paul Gbedbaje. That's my opinion on it.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I thought it was rather funny. :o

They really shouldn't feel so bad, I mean there was probably only a few percent seperating all of them, except possibly the top 3.