full System Reset

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
Forum Member
Hi all,

Just a quickie,

I have searched the Forum but cant find what im looking for,

How do you reset a SKY + box, im not looking for the installers menu option, im looking for the way how from the front of the box.

I have a pace sky plus, with the dreaded system fault message!

Tried everything else just needing to try this last option!

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    neolxs2000 wrote:
    Hi all,

Just a quickie,

How do you reset a SKY + box, im not looking for the installers menu option, im looking for the way how from the front of the box.

Thanks for any help!
    Full System Reset via front panel:
      Remove power at mains.
    1. Hold LEFT+RIGHT.
    2. Apply power, wait for ring to light.
    3. Release LEFT+RIGHT, press SELECT.
    4. Ring cycles backwards while disk is quick formatted.
    5. If format sucessful PLAY lights up, if not RECORD lights up.
    6. Box goes into standby - wait 30 seconds are wake it up.

Warning: Full System Reset deletes all your recordings and planner entries.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Hi

Does this method also apply to the Thomson boxes?

Regards
    Si
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    thanks pcbbc .

That worked a treat and my box is back to life now!

Thanks Again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pcbbc wrote:
    wait 30 seconds are wake it up.
    Meaning?????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neolxs2000
    Hi all,

Just a quickie,

Thanks for any help!

Full System Reset via front panel:
    Remove power at mains.
    Hold LEFT+RIGHT.
    Apply power, wait for ring to light.
    Release LEFT+RIGHT, press SELECT.
    Ring cycles backwards while disk is quick formatted.
    If format sucessful PLAY lights up, if not RECORD lights up.
    Box goes into standby - wait 30 seconds are wake it up.

Warning: Full System Reset deletes all your recordings and planner entries.

Hi. Well i had been doing that last summer when my sky+ box refuse turn to green from standby so i had loads of recorded in sky+ planner so left and right button reset was working so my sky+ planner recorded is still there!! so i think it not actually full system reset so i think it is system reset.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    pcbbc wrote:
    wait 30 seconds are wake it up.
    Meaning?????
    Sorry, wait 30 seconds and wake it up.
    I mean, bring it out of standby.
    gersrno1 wrote:
    Hi. Well I had been doing that last summer when my Sky+ box refused to turn to green from standby. I had loads of recorded programmes in the Sky+ planner. Left and right button reset wasn't working, so my Sky+ planner recorded programmes are still there!! So I think it's not actually a full system reset - I think it is a system reset?
    Let me guess, you have a Pace V1 box - right? With an upgraded drive?
    This was the known issue with the 4.10c software upgrade which caused these boxes to go non-functional.

I call it "Full System Reset" because that is what Sky call it in the hidden installers menu. This is the method of doing that via the front panel. I'm not sure the term "Full System Reset" is very descriptive either, but that is what Sky in their wisdom have chosen to call it. So, for the sake of clarity, I think we should stick to that regardless.
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gersrno1 wrote:
    Hi. Well i had been doing that last summer when my sky+ box refuse turn to green from standby so i had loads of recorded in sky+ planner so left and right button reset was working so my sky+ planner recorded is still there!! so i think it not actually full system reset so i think it is system reset.

If it is a Pace v1 (PVR1) box - sticky white label on bottom of box model number BSkyB3000 and you have a HDD larger than 40Gb it will not work on the current software and the only way to get it functioning is to replace the hard disk with a 40Gb one until Sky release a software update which will allow larger disks in tha model
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just done this myself - now the box is permanently stuck in standby! Repeated it and still the same. Now i have no picture to view on my TV. SH*T .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueboy wrote:
    Just done this myself - now the box is permanently stuck in standby! Repeated it and still the same. Now i have no picture to view on my TV. SH*T .
    Make, model, age? Upgraded HD?
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueboy wrote:

What make and model of dodgibox - white sticky label on bottom of box?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PACE 3100.

Got it out of standby now but not recieving commands from the remote. The red infrared reciever on the front of the unit is not illuminating. This is so annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky now coming today to swap Sky+ boxes. Now i am worried they give me an amsh*te box instead. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    I would do a few more power cycles and system resets first before i would let sky swop for a amstrad even if its free and no way would i pay £65 for one on a call out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    blueboy wrote:
    Sky now coming today to swap Sky+ boxes. Now i am worried they give me an amsh*te box instead. :rolleyes:

Sorry about your problem but I think you may be wrong about the Amstrad box.I got one in June (for free I grant you) and I have had absolutely no problems at all.

I think it may have been bad batch that got them a bad reputation, but it seems to have been sorted out....either that or I have just been very lucky.