Options

Emmerdaily 23/10/14 - Someone Old, Someone New

Comments

• Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tell you what i have never liked charity dingle i cant stand the character, but hats off to Emma Atkins shes played her superbly the last few episodes- loving the non makeup and grotty hair scenes shes a cracking actress she really is - no doubt ill be back to slating charity in amonths time when shes back to sleeping with the next millionaire and not learning from her mistakes but shes performing some great scenes at the mo, well done emma !
  • Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4-Tel wrote: »
    It's abominable. I can't understand why anybody (either in the TV industry or Joe Public) would think it enhances the viewing experience.

It is painful to watch and and, while I make no claim to understand the technicalities of it, there must be different ways of achieving this 'effect' to varying degrees. For instance, Countryfile uses it, but I have never seen their picture actively blur and jump in the way Emmerdale's did tonight on a couple of occasions.

Plus, why introduce it midway through a double bill? Did they think it would be a more subtle way of making the change?

I was already drifting away after it became obvious that the meoldrama which has become associated with the anniversary week wasn't going to give way to the more understated bread and butter stories as it usually does. Tonight's new look has pushed me closer to reaching for the remote.

thank goodness for that - i had a couple of glasses of wine and kept looking at the screen thinking whats going on it keeps changing ! phewwwww relief :D
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad everyone else noticed the camera change this evening - it was really strange!
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4-Tel wrote: »
    It's abominable. I can't understand why anybody (either in the TV industry or Joe Public) would think it enhances the viewing experience.

It is painful to watch and and, while I make no claim to understand the technicalities of it, there must be different ways of achieving this 'effect' to varying degrees. For instance, Countryfile uses it, but I have never seen their picture actively blur and jump in the way Emmerdale's did tonight on a couple of occasions.

Plus, why introduce it midway through a double bill? Did they think it would be a more subtle way of making the change?

I was already drifting away after it became obvious that the meoldrama which has become associated with the anniversary week wasn't going to give way to the more understated bread and butter stories as it usually does. Tonight's new look has pushed me closer to reaching for the remote.
    Don't panic, they've already explained it was a technical error.
  • Options
    Johna456Johna456 Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    I thought it looked good tbh, i didn't notice any blur etc. picture looked different but realy good in HD on a 50inch plasma.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I noticed the way it looked as well,, i hope its not like that all the time, its off putting
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's Gal wrote: »
    Did I miss the bit where Charity thanked Moira for helping her out? :confused:>:(

Thank her?! She just told Charity she'd have to get up at 5am :o Nothing Charity has done is bad enough to deserve that :(
    Johna456 wrote: »
    I thought it looked good tbh, i didn't notice any blur etc. picture looked different but realy good in HD on a 50inch plasma.

Looked strange on mine.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Thank her?! She just told Charity she'd have to get up at 5am :o Nothing Charity has done is bad enough to deserve that :(.

Bahahahaha!! :D:D
  • Options
    80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank her?! She just told Charity she'd have to get up at 5am :o Nothing Charity has done is bad enough to deserve that.

Yeah, fancy Moira asking the ungrateful witch to get up early and earn her keep - what is the world coming too :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, fancy Moira asking the ungrateful witch to get up early and earn her keep - what is the world coming too :o

There's early and then there's the middle of the ruddy night!! :o

She's only staying on a crappy farm. I'd have to be in a penthouse suite before I got up at 5am to earn my keep :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's only staying on a crappy farm. I'd have to be in a penthouse suite before I got up at 5am to earn my keep :p

I'm sure she has stayed in worse places and nobody is making her stay there, as Moira said, she knows where the door is :D
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I get up at 5am to go to work Star. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:o:o:o:o:o:o:(
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss the bit where Charity thanked Moira for helping her out? :confused:>:(
    She will do more than help her soon
    T'Fabulous Charity is far too fabulous to work on t'farm :o:o:o>:(>:(>:(
    The Fabulous does not mind starting at the bottom.
    Skank Charity is an eternally ungrateful cow.

Who is this person? :confused:
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely seeing the sexism in ED that people have mentioned before. Jai cheated on Megan and the woman he cheated with got the most blame. Katie cheated on Andy (years ago) and again, the woman got the most blame. Seriously, is Robert supposed to be a Saint? He called Katie the village bike? He's slept around and he's a cheat himself. Infact, he cheated on Katie. Ridiculous.

Also, the second episode looked live.
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god it's just hit me. Part of Charity's comeuppance will be that Jai gets Archie back (please no, Archie's better off without him) and Megan's going to get her second chance at being a mum. It better not turn out like this. I can't take it. :mad:
  • Options
    owen10owen10 Posts: 128,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys its my birthday if you want to know
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Cain going to Taunton? It's a bit far for him isn't it? Maybe he could be meeting Helen

Happy birthday Owen
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My brother does as well:o:(
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Oh god it's just hit me. Part of Charity's comeuppance will be that Jai gets Archie back (please no, Archie's better off without him) and Megan's going to get her second chance at being a mum. It better not turn out like this. I can't take it. :mad:

How can Jai bring Archie back without Rachel though? She certainly wouldn't hand him over, Jai's a complete stranger to him.
    owen10 wrote: »

Happy Birthday Owen:cool::)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Happy Birthday :)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many Happy Returns, owen. :)
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes of the day, owen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nah, you're alright thanks :p
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Evening all, great pomes Gulfie :cool::)

I'm looking forward to the Return of the Native. :)

Lisheh - not so much. >:(

A pure blood Sugden

And after watching it I share your dismay at the return of Lisa, awful character.

Any Morning Oldnjaded.
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers for t'thread Gulfie :D

Evening everyone :D

I see my good for nothing, missing, team member has returned >:( Why I picked her over Zak is anyone's guess :(

Good morning Star