Anyone here going to collect Amiibos?

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Seems Amiibo have been more popular than first thought as Game are cashing in and increased the price to £14.99, they were £10.99 when I went in at the weekend.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know why they have a 12 rating?

I want to get some for my son's birthday and he's coming up to ten.
    Forum Member
    Anyone know why they have a 12 rating?

I want to get some for my son's birthday and he's coming up to ten.

:confused: 12 rating, where did you see that?
    It says not to be given to 0-3 years on the box.
    Are you sure your not mistaking the rating for Super Smash Bros?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    :confused: 12 rating, where did you see that?
    It says not to be given to 0-3 years on the box.
    Are you sure your not mistaking the rating for Super Smash Bros?

It has a 12 + rating on the Smyths toys website. I think that might be because it refers to use with Smash bros which is a 12 rating.

We were planning to use it on Mario kart 8 though.
    Forum Member
    It has a 12 + rating on the Smyths toys website. I think that might be because it refers to use with Smash bros which is a 12 rating.

That's probably a mistake on Smyths part.
    According to Nintendo the a PEGI 3 rating http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo/luigi-no.15/11028558.html
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm yes 12+ seems to old a rating, im sure thats a mistake.

Im quite liking my Amiibo actually with Smash, I got a Samus one who I've dressed up like Dark Samus in black and blue armour...however when asked to give it a name I just decided to call it 'Barry' :)

It also unlocked a fun Samus outfit in Mario Kart
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of amiibos actually, keep an eye out for defective ones....I mean that in a good way!

http://www.geek.com/games/nintendos-amiibo-misprints-are-worth-a-ton-of-money-1610956/
    Forum Member
    There's rumours going around that The Villager, Marth & Wiifit Trainer have been discontinued.
    I'm thinking maybe buying them tomorrow from Smyths as they could end up being worth something if that the case.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/rumour_villager_marth_and_wii_fit_trainer_amiibo_discontinued
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    On the subject of amiibos actually, keep an eye out for defective ones....I mean that in a good way!

http://www.geek.com/games/nintendos-amiibo-misprints-are-worth-a-ton-of-money-1610956/

I've got the 1st 12 & the worst one by far is Yoshi! ... Looks like it was painted by a 12yr old lol! :blush: ... Bits of white paint has been mixed in with the green! :o ... The Disney figures are much better quality imo! :)

(I might buy another Yoshi & bin it!) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I've got the 1st 12 & the worst one by far is Yoshi! ... Looks like it was painted by a 12yr old lol! :blush: ... Bits of white paint has been mixed in with the green! :o ... The Disney figures are much better quality imo! :)

Unless you want to pay over the odds at Game,I've found the Yoshi is hard to get at the moment. It was the same with some of the Disney infinity figures last Christmas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you want to pay over the odds at Game,I've found the Yoshi is hard to get at the moment. It was the same with some of the Disney infinity figures last Christmas.

I ordered another Yoshi / donkey kong for £13 each! :) ... Like I've said previously the quality of these figures is appalling nintendo should be ashamed of themselves imo! :(
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

take a picture of them, Simon. i wanna see. I've heard the Peach one is awful, too
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care about Marth. But I am mad about Fit Trainer and Villager. Those were quite literally the only 2 I wanted. I had them both preordered on Amazon, however the day prior to release (dispatch day!) my Amazon UK account was blocked by Amazon due to suspicious activity (I had been buying loads of things in the days leading up to it!) and it automatically cancelled my preorder. By the time my access was reinstated, they were already sold out. I did try online and even went to my local GAME but both were already sold out :(

Apparently Smyth are getting more in on the 16th according to their website...

I did buy Pikachu today, though. And there are a couple not released yet that I want (Toon Link! Bowser!)

Would be nice if Nintendo could give us an answer re: them being discontinued. At least then I could buy them from Amazon.de.
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I don't care about Marth. But I am mad about Fit Trainer and Villager. Those were quite literally the only 2 I wanted. I had them both preordered on Amazon, however the day prior to release (dispatch day!) my Amazon UK account was blocked by Amazon due to suspicious activity (I had been buying loads of things in the days leading up to it!) and it automatically cancelled my preorder. By the time my access was reinstated, they were already sold out. I did try online and even went to my local GAME but both were already sold out :(

Apparently Smyth are getting more in on the 16th according to their website...

I did buy Pikachu today, though. And there are a couple not released yet that I want (Toon Link! Bowser!)

Would be nice if Nintendo could give us an answer re: them being discontinued. At least then I could buy them from Amazon.de.
    My local Smyths a had a few Wiifit Trainer amiibo today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    My local Smyths a had a few Wiifit Trainer amiibo today.

I don't have a local Smyth :( Closest store is Barnet.

German amiibos should work on UK U's, right? They're all region locked to region (EU) and not country?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcusjll wrote: »
    take a picture of them, Simon. i wanna see. I've heard the Peach one is awful, too

I'll post a some pics tomorrow! 👍 ... When it's nice & light! 😉
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think 10 is fine even for SSB, I was playing Street Fighter 2 on my SNES at 10 with no lasting effects, it's no more violent than Tom & Jerry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll post a some pics tomorrow! 👍 ... When it's nice & light! 😉

amiibo pix 👍

(They're pretty crap but it's dark lol) 😇

The Yoshi pics are an example of a bad paint job! 👎
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amiibo pix 👍

(They're pretty crap but it's dark lol) 😇

The Yoshi pics are an example of a bad paint job! 👎

wow, they look really good! Better than what I was expecting! Tbh, considering they're only £12, it's to be expected they're not the best :/ Kinda wish they were a bit more, maybe £25 to ensure they look good. I'd love to get them all if they looked good (which they do, just not brilliant)
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has bought a lot of action figures in the past, and these kind of fit into that category the quality control on them isn't very high.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These amiibos seem to be way more popular than first anticipated, stocks are low everywhere, and so many retailers have hiked up prices! Pleased I got mine in time.

I agree with MarcusJIll I wish Nintendo would have done maybe a deluxe Amiiboo range more suitable for collectors, with a better standard of figurine. Maybe they could have priced that at £20-25
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These amiibos seem to be way more popular than first anticipated, stocks are low everywhere, and so many retailers have hiked up prices! Pleased I got mine in time.

I agree with MarcusJIll I wish Nintendo would have done maybe a deluxe Amiiboo range more suitable for collectors, with a better standard of figurine. Maybe they could have priced that at £20-25

Yep! ... I'd be willing to pay £20+ for a proper collectors figure! ... ya never know it might happen (eventually) 👍

& the unpopular amiibos are getting phased out according to other reports on the net! ... Can't say I'm surprised they're only concentrating on the most popular! 😇
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone still wants an Amiiboo but is put off by the price hikes and stock shortages, you can buy direct from Nintendo for the RRP of £10.99

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list

I have bought a Marth! Probably gonna keep him in his box for now as he is rumoured to be one of the rarer characters most up for the chop, so his value might go up. If it doesn't I'll just end up using him as he's a cool character, and one of the better Smash players. Win-win!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone still wants an Amiiboo but is put off by the price hikes and stock shortages, you can buy direct from Nintendo for the RRP of £10.99

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list

I have bought a Marth! Probably gonna keep him in his box for now as he is rumoured to be one of the rarer characters most up for the chop, so his value might go up. If it doesn't I'll just end up using him as he's a cool character, and one of the better Smash players. Win-win!

I like playing with marth aswell! :cool: ... (& Meta Knight) because I'm rubbish & need simple characters with easy accessible move-sets! :blush: