Options

DS LGBT members thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think for the most part though, from what I've seen, its been a relatively positive response. (Aside from that stupid petition of the IOC). Things were different even 5 or 10 years ago, its a slow process but I think we're getting there.

I see she's going to make her first public appearance at the ESPY's. You know that red carpet is going to generate a lot of attention, but I still envision it being positive press.

What petition was that Mark?
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^To have Caitlyn stripped of the gold medal she won at the '76 Montreal Olympics.

Beyond stupid. It was 39 years ago. It was won fair and square.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^To have Caitlyn stripped of the gold medal she won at the '76 Montreal Olympics.

Beyond stupid. It was 39 years ago. It was won fair and square.

Some people take douchebaggery to the next level.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So last week I met a customer who just made time stop for me, and last night they were in again, found out his name because he was buying alcohol, think the harmless flirting has gone a bit far now lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So last week I met a customer who just made time stop for me, and last night they were in again, found out his name because he was buying alcohol, think the harmless flirting has gone a bit far now lol.

Is he someone who you'd like to do more than harmlessly flirt with? I get that feeling all the time in work. There was a Brazilian football team in work a few weeks ago and a colleague of mine got asked to come back to one of their rooms. She politely declined, I wouldn't have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he someone who you'd like to do more than harmlessly flirt with? I get that feeling all the time in work. There was a Brazilian football team in work a few weeks ago and a colleague of mine got asked to come back to one of their rooms. She politely declined, I wouldn't have.

Haha, well he certainly makes me all hot under the collar, so yeah, perhaps I'd have been happy to take him out back, so he could take me out back:p:blush:.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, well he certainly makes me all hot under the collar, so yeah, perhaps I'd have been happy to take him out back, so he could take me out back:p:blush:.

Classic! Who says romance ain't dead? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing we're not talking Australia here....

:p
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose you'll be needing the back door key....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classic! Who says romance ain't dead? :D
    I'm guessing we're not talking Australia here....

:p
    I suppose you'll be needing the back door key....

:D.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news out of DC with the SCOTUS ruling. So happy for the LGBT+ community over there.

#lovewins
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I've got the biggest white sandwich ATM and nobody will me eat it up with me :p

Infections that won't go away, work being fly and underpaying me when I'm trying to fund moving out, boy trouble, more body trouble, college issues, struggles with maintaining social life, when does it end?
  • Options
    soniaorlastormsoniaorlastorm Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    life has a way of levelling shit out just stick with it eventually your on the upswing but listen to Baz "wear sunscreen"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well. Tomorrows the big day. The trans-pride festival, sparkle.

Getting a bit nervous....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How'd you get so motivational Sonia? :P

I was wondering if any of you can help me out, I may have a secure job at a call centre. But the caveat is its full time 37.5 hours and I plan to go back to college in August, I'm concerned I might just get sacked if I swan off to college. My friend thinks it'll be fine but I don't like the risk :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well. Tomorrows the big day. The trans-pride festival, sparkle.

Getting a bit nervous....

You'll be there fairy? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll be there fairy? :)

Yep. My first big trip...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How'd you get so motivational Sonia? :P

I was wondering if any of you can help me out, I may have a secure job at a call centre. But the caveat is its full time 37.5 hours and I plan to go back to college in August, I'm concerned I might just get sacked if I swan off to college. My friend thinks it'll be fine but I don't like the risk :/

having a brain haemorrhage at age 20 reaching 51 years old and still married after 30 years with a 22 and 29 year old sons waking up one morning age 44 with a overwhelming desire to dress up in womens clothes makes for lot of life lessons biggest one do what makes you happy and not what makes other people they will get over it or be gone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got back from spakle, last night. Im not sure how I feel about it. I should have some sense of achievement, but ive started feeling down.

It was easier then i imagined it being. Although I was shaking as I was getting ready. I'm amazed I did my make-up so well the way my hands shook.

It did help that I was hungover on the train home. But, this morning I just felt down. What I think it is, there's really nothing to stop me going further. Except., my mothers gonna go mental the minute I conceder transtioning. And as much as I love her, she terrifies me.

It doesnt help that she rang me, and said she thought she knew which 'music festival' is was at. I just feel sad....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    she thought you were at T in the Park in Strathallan Castle (same weekend)

being T isn't easy ( to paraphrase Kermit) the come downs are big downers takes me about 3 days to start feeling better about it if ive been out for the weekend .
    you ma member of any of the contact sites ? Tvchix , birtchplace etc ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she thought you were at T in the Park in Strathallan Castle (same weekend)

being T isn't easy ( to paraphrase Kermit) the come downs are big downers takes me about 3 days to start feeling better about it if ive been out for the weekend .
    you ma member of any of the contact sites ? Tvchix , birtchplace etc ?

My mam can't work the internet past facebook...,

I'm feeling loads better now. Already planning next year. I wanna go for the full weekend. I wanna go to the 'crystal' ball in a prom dress and some strappy heels....;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My mam can't work the internet past facebook...,

I'm feeling loads better now. Already planning next year. I wanna go for the full weekend. I wanna go to the 'crystal' ball in a prom dress and some strappy heels....;)

the "ma" was a typo ...lol I meant are you a member of any ?
    Glad the blues are lifting

I find being a bit thin ball gowns are to much boob and butts I can't create a false cleavage without showing of me falsies ( not a great look)maybe I just need shown how to do it properly and wearing butt padding makes for uncomfortable sitting

never done sparkle myself its @ wrong time of the year for me I always got my holiday to pay for in July. I keep saying every year I'll save up but I never do by the time I come back from holidays I'm paying off what we over spent there .

I'm off to Newcastle Pride on sat should be a giggle Newcastle's a good night out should be even better after a pride.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey awesome nerds :)!

So Monday makes three weeks for me in Callao Salvaje, and I've spent my time sorting out the bureaucratic shit (like getting an N.I.E number, and a non-resident bank account), and chilling with a book on the beach!

Tried my hand at scuba diving but I don't like being underwater and had a massive panic attack. Very cool.

Oh and in other news, I dyed my hair pink, only now it's slowly turning orange in the sun...

Only posting because it pains me to see this thread with so little activity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey awesome nerds :)!

So Monday makes three weeks for me in Callao Salvaje, and I've spent my time sorting out the bureaucratic shit (like getting an N.I.E number, and a non-resident bank account), and chilling with a book on the beach!

Tried my hand at scuba diving but I don't like being underwater and had a massive panic attack. Very cool.

Oh and in other news, I dyed my hair pink, only now it's slowly turning orange in the sun...

Only posting because it pains me to see this thread with so little activity.

Good to hear you're doing good Jase, where about is Callo Salvaje, Spanish place quite clearly, wasn't it the Canaries you said?

A scuba dive would be the last thing I would ever do, alive at least, I can't swim :blush:

I got a new job and I'm getting a place of my own soon, I'm looking forward to it but my oh my is it all hectic, every day my fool proof plan becomes fool penetrable. I'm trying not to count my lsurels with anything!

I dyed my hair too actually, just even blonder than before, it was 00A platinum before, about 5 shades lighter than my dirty blond natural and now its 8 shades lighter, it has a fading from the sides and back downwards so I stuck out, my friend says its like looking at a skunks fur :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to hear you're doing good Jase, where about is Callo Salvaje, Spanish place quite clearly, wasn't it the Canaries you said?

Yeah, in the south of Tenerife.
    A scuba dive would be the last thing I would ever do, alive at least, I can't swim :blush:

If it makes you feel better I'm not the strongest swimmer either, but you don't need to be able to swim to dive. I dunno what happened to me, the water was a little rough and I had a hard time with the regulator...
    I got a new job and I'm getting a place of my own soon, I'm looking forward to it but my oh my is it all hectic, every day my fool proof plan becomes fool penetrable. I'm trying not to count my lsurels with anything!

Oh congrats on the new job :D!

Moving out can be expensive, but you have a sensible head most of the time, you'll be fine:).
    I dyed my hair too actually, just even blonder than before, it was 00A platinum before, about 5 shades lighter than my dirty blond natural and now its 8 shades lighter, it has a fading from the sides and back downwards so I stuck out, my friend says its like looking at a skunks fur :cool:

Didn't think you could get any blonder :p. Just caught sight of myself in the mirror, I'm definitely orange in places!