Options

X factor Australia 2015:- Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ronan, Nat and now Foo has quit the show. Dannii is the only judge left now. She loves the show but are they in trouble?
    No dates, no venues, no judges and its May now.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redfoo was fired

Ronan didn't wanna re-new

Nat was asked to step down
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Ronan, Nat and now Foo has quit the show. Dannii is the only judge left now. She loves the show but are they in trouble?
    No dates, no venues, no judges and its May now.

No. I do not think so. The Show apparently won't air until later this year, according to the article below, so there is plenty of time for the show to find new judges.:)

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/redfoo-quits-x-factor-australia-making-him-third-judge-to-exit-20150501-1mxzg6.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nc&eid=socialn:twi-13omn1677-edtrl-other:nnn-17/02/2014-edtrs_socialshare-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o&sa=D&usg=ALhdy28zsr6qiq

I would like Guy to return with Natalie Imbruglia, or Jessica Mauboy.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Yeah it was just a suggestion, I would like someone with experience with bands and good chart performance in the last 10-15 years now that Ronan and Nat are gone. Though it looks like Nat is going win XF NZ with her boys.

It seems like they are just trying to make news, it is highly unlikely that Ronan will be coming back.

Took her five seasons. Yikes:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    No. I do not think so. The Show apparently won't air until later this year, according to the article below, so there is plenty of time for the show to find new judges.:)

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/redfoo-quits-x-factor-australia-making-him-third-judge-to-exit-20150501-1mxzg6.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nc&eid=socialn:twi-13omn1677-edtrl-other:nnn-17/02/2014-edtrs_socialshare-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o&sa=D&usg=ALhdy28zsr6qiq

I would like Guy to return with Natalie Imbruglia, or Jessica Mauboy.:)

Imbruglia is doing music now with possible a tour and most likely more acting. Jess is the same and has already a confirmed tour coming.

The problem isnt just judges. Theres no one with a hit song atm, Sammi is doing acting, Taylor is concentrating on the next step. No one from last year created a buzz.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took her five seasons. Yikes:o

I agree its not great but tbf she should have won last year with Dean.

I'm sure they will be able to find a couple of decent judges I'm sure it won't be someone like Rihanna but I'm sure they will manage to find artists with reasonable career. I'm pretty sure XF got pushed back last year due to Ronan.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Latest judging panel rumour is:

Dannii Minogue, Guy Sebastian, Chris Isaak, James Blunt.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/05/rumour-x-factor-judges-dannii-guy-sebastian-chris-isaak-james-blunt.html

Interesting. It wouldn't be a boring lineup, i'll say that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Latest judging panel rumour is:

Dannii Minogue, Guy Sebastian, Chris Isaak, James Blunt.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/05/rumour-x-factor-judges-dannii-guy-sebastian-chris-isaak-james-blunt.html

Interesting. It wouldn't be a boring lineup, i'll say that.

Interesting. If the lineup is true, then It looks like the show could be going down The Voice route, with one female judge. I would be happy with Guy and James. I am not familiar with Chris though, to be honest. I will need to look him up on youtube.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV tonight was correct.
    Panel confirmed today :)
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/chris-isaak-and-james-blunt-meet-the-new-x-factor-guys/story-fni0cvc9-1227331987033

Interesting, its like Voice turning into XF and XF into the voice.
    Im feeling excited again. Just wish the XF stars would get to release their music. So many good there.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    TV tonight was correct.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/chris-isaak-and-james-blunt-meet-the-new-x-factor-guys/story-fni0cvc9-1227331987033

Im feeling excited again. Just wish the XF stars would get to release their music. So many good there.

Don't like how Dannii is the only female. She'll no doubt think she's even more important than usual - and she is far too far up herself already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV tonight was correct.

I am pleased with the panel. Thanks for the article. Glad to see Guy back. He was a good judge and mentor. A lot better than Redfoo and Nat put together. Looking forward to seeing James and Chris on the panel and see how they do.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They dont really have head judges there but I will say Dannii, of course 😜

Cant believe I fall for the drama each year. Im such a sucker. 🙈
    I wonder of they will appear at the Logies tomorrow, unxpected. That would be fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like how Dannii is the only female. She'll no doubt think she's even more important than usual - and she is far too far up herself already.

Consider shes has won on two different shows, she is important and should have her head up. She lives and breathes XF, which is important for the show. Shes like an ambassador.
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Consider shes has won on two different shows, she is important and should have her head up. She lives and breathes XF, which is important for the show. Shes like an ambassador.

I think she's disgusting. On X Factor in one country she made jokes about a contestants sexuality and pushed the rumours about that contestant further by doing so - whilst shagging another judge. On another she basically called a woman a slag on the TV because she was wearing something that showed her shoulders. She's a horrible woman full of her own self-importance and, as Graham Norton quite rightfully said, has had so much work done on her face she looks like a spoon. It's sad they can't get work done on their personalities.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, rather dull line-up to be honest. James Blunt or Chris Isaak yes, both? no
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    I'm actually quite happy about the inclusion of James Blunt, he actually has quite an amusing personality and has been known to come out with good and quick jokes to people on his twitter so hoping he can do it on XF too.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a tragically disappointing line-up. I did like Guy so yay, hopefully Dannii is back to her peak as she was AWFUL year. James Blunt and Chris Isaak though, lolno.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So so happy about Guy and James Blunt. I love James Blunt! I've never heard of Chris Isaak before, who is he??

I wish there was another female though, I thought Nat and Dannii brought a lot of spark last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So so happy about Guy and James Blunt. I love James Blunt! I've never heard of Chris Isaak before, who is he??

I wish there was another female though, I thought Nat and Dannii brought a lot of spark last year.

I wasn't familiar with Chris Issak, but apparently he does acting and is an American rock musician. Think this guy is going to be the Tom Jones of the panel. The older, respected judge on the panel. He seems like an excellent signing for Aussie X Factor. To be honest, the show is lucky to get this artist.:) Both James and Chris seem like huge signings for Aussie X Factor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Isaak
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't familiar with Chris Issak, but apparently he does acting and is an American rock musician. Think this guy is going to be the Tom Jones of the panel. The older, respected judge on the panel. He seems like an excellent signing for Aussie X Factor. To be honest, the show is lucky to get this artist.:) Both James and Chris seem like huge signings for Aussie X Factor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Isaak

Thank you, I think he was a bit before my generation :D

It's just sunk in how much I am going to miss Ronan :cry: But I am fairly happy with this new panel, I just wish there was someone with experience of bands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I think he was a bit before my generation :D

It's just sunk in how much I am going to miss Ronan :cry: But I am fairly happy with this new panel, I just wish there was someone with experience of bands.

I did not agree with everything Ronan said, but he was a good judge and mentor. At least he went out on a high, after his contestant won. He had mentored two contestants to the win, so may have thought it was time to step down?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James has tweeted about his joy on being deported 😂
    Dannii and Guy were part of a doc about Oz on 7 so he wasnt a surprise, I guess James isnt either. He was hilarious with Dannii in JH. But Chris is a surprise. A completely new TV face I think.
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great panel puts louis walsh and tulisa to shame

Is Luke Jacobz returning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great panel puts louis walsh and tulisa to shame

Is Luke Jacobz returning

I am wondering that too. Isn't the host normally announced before the judges?:confused:
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has previously been rumoured he was to be sacked and if he was confirmed to be staying surely they would have mentioned it in the judges press release. Maybe he is and they just didnt feel obliged to mention it