Options

Chris Tarrants last ever Millionaire tonight

124»

Comments

• Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am no royal fan, but it was A or B and they picked the wrong one.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chris with garage flowers and loads of dead stems :D:D
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a pathetic finish that was! >:(
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,496
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    The show never really recovered after Ingram cheated them, the knee jerk addition of the new rules after said debacle which weren't really needed, and also the overkill of the celebrity specials

A lot of potential winners were put off by the cost of phoning in to qualify. A lot of those who did were people who could afford to spend up to £60 on phoning and knew they'd never get near the million but were happy to quit at £8-16k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a pathetic finish that was! >:(

Dreadful. So will it be picked up by Challenge?
  • Options
    TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    There's like 500 episodes on Challenge already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bit ironic that the final question involved a losing answer about Charles and Camilla when her cousin was the first million pound winner.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Who was the last actual millionaire winner
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    Who was the last actual millionaire winner

It was so long ago, nobody can remember.
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ingram Wilcox, September 23 2006 according to Wiki. 7 years since the last million pound winner. Appalling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    Ingram Wilcox, September 23 2006 according to Wiki. 7 years since the last million pound winner. Appalling.

When I see Judith Keppel's questions now... how easy were they :o:o
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the last £1m winner was a fraudster?!
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    It should have ended about ten years ago when most people lost interest. It was good in the early days, but once the million was won twice, people weren't so bothered.

They also got less bothered about it when ITV stopped showing it every night for two weeks every three months like an event and just flung it out three times a week for three months like any other game show.
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    It should have ended about ten years ago when most people lost interest. It was good in the early days, but once the million was won twice, people weren't so bothered.

Agreed. Millionaire was massive when it started, I loved it for the first couple of years, but it wasn't quite the same when Judith Keppel won the million pounds. And I never warmed to the new format in 2007. That said, I only missed a handful of episodes over the years, although it became increasingly cringeworthy in recent years, especially the Mothers' Day special a couple of years ago, when they were handing out flowers on a game show ffs!

Anyway, I still enjoyed it, and still play on my Playstation games of it from time to time. Goodbye, Millionaire, it won't be the same without you.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed Millionaire when it first started and for a few years :D
  • Options
    yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    td1983 wrote: »
    Agreed. Millionaire was massive when it started, I loved it for the first couple of years, but it wasn't quite the same when Judith Keppel won the million pounds. And I never warmed to the new format in 2007. That said, I only missed a handful of episodes over the years, although it became increasingly cringeworthy in recent years, especially the Mothers' Day special a couple of years ago, when they were handing out flowers on a game show ffs!

Anyway, I still enjoyed it, and still play on my Playstation games of it from time to time. Goodbye, Millionaire, it won't be the same without you.

When Millionaire started it was stripped over 10 nights, even displacing Coronation Street, it was recorded on the afternoon and broadcast in the evening, early on some programmes were only 30 minutes while others were an hour, it then settled in to routine of generally one hour shows usually once a week. I went to a recording of a Christmas special a few years ago, Chris had a great banter with the audience and the warm up man, but I was struct by how small the studio was. They also re-recorded bits, where they were unhappy with risque comments made, but the celeb (Cristopher Biggins) had to give the same answer.
  • Options
    JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had to re-record quite a lot for the show I went to see (The first of the 2 'final' episodes).

They thought Adrian Chiles swore during a joke so recorded that again (He didn't, it was his brummy accent!) and for some reason they also had to re-record Adrian and Franks reaction to winning £50k a couple of times which was quite hard as it is difficult to 'fake' excitement the second time round!

Also you do not want to know how many times Chris had to redo the viewer competition spiel!
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't even realize it was still on until I heard that it was ending. I've only seen the American version with Regis Philbin some years ago.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    They also got less bothered about it when ITV stopped showing it every night for two weeks every three months like an event and just flung it out three times a week for three months like any other game show.

I stopped watching then too. I think that effectively killed the show, even the publicity around Slumdog Millionaire didn't seem to revive it.
  • Options
    pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,695
    Forum Member
    I mentioned it on here before, but when ITV started showing it nearly every night for months on end, that is what really ruined it for me.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There may be a better thread for this, but I couldn't see one.
    I searched for Who wants to be a Millionaire? It came back as zero, so I tried Tarrant.

I watched a Classic WWTBAM today, and one of the initial "easy" questions was, Where did Adam and Eve originally live?
    The contestant said that he 'wasn't a Bible person' and although the answer Garden of Eden was there, he asked the audience.
    4% went for Garden of England.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw one today as well.

The bloke didn't know who shot JR!
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    I saw one today as well.

The bloke didn't know who shot JR!

Nor would I have known!
    I would have said, "Can I phone Westy 2?