Anyone had their teeth whitened?

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
Forum Member
✭✭
Basically I am taking my braces off in three weeks time (what a pain, I'm 19 and I have had them since I was 16). Serves me right for taking so long to agree to it!

Well after I would like to have my teeth whitened. Has anybody had their teeth done? How much was it for you, and is it actually worth it?

Comments

• Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I had mine done many years ago when it was still a new phenomenon. It cost me £450 and I have the teeth moulds to whiten them at home whenever I feel like it.

If you smoke or drink red wine or coffee be prepared to whiten them very regularly. I just got fed up doing it to be honest.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    I had mine done many years ago when it was still a new phenomenon. It cost me £450 and I have the teeth moulds to whiten them at home whenever I feel like it.

If you smoke or drink red wine or coffee be prepared to whiten them very regularly. I just got fed up doing it to be honest.

I don't smoke or drink red wine (it's the only alcohol I don't drink). I do drink coffee twice a day though, but I could cut it down to one a day :p

At my ortho I am sure I saw that you can get it done for £160 per arch, so £320 altogether. I think if it's that price I may do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    I had mine done at the dentist with the mould/trays at home system. I prefer this to the laser whitening - that's usually done as a one off whereas with the trays I can redo it if needed. Can't remember the price, maybe £300ish? :confused: - they had an offer on at the time.

Whatever you decide, please go to the dentist to have it done properly and safely - not a beauty salon or one of these random companies in a shopping centre.
  • CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Information in this thread may help, not much, but it may:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1269025&highlight=teeth+whitened
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had it done by the dentist for £500 plus he made the moulds and gave me a supply of the bleach. It was nice initially but wore off relatively quickly and wearing the moulds is difficult to fit in. It was very uncomfortable to have done as it takes quite a while. But I was doing it before I got married so it was worth it to have nice white teeth on the photos.
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    Sign upto Groupon there are ALWAYS offers for teeth whitening on there. I've seen it for as little as £30
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually used a home whitening kit (Brilliant - the only one on the market which succeeded in meeting some test or other - can't remember which now), and if you want to take your teeth a couple of shades lighter it works well with nightly use for two weeks, and I think the kit was under a tenner.

I top it up with extra sessions every so often, and my teeth have a very 'natural clean' look, whereas unless you get a recommendation for a good place, you might end up with a glow in the dark look!
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies :)