Options

The Flavia Cacace Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Great first MT show of 2013. Not sure how but it has the potential to be better than last year (& I thought that was pretty spectacular). Some familiar faces back for more and a couple of new faces.

Giraldo is back as the bad gaucho. And Leonel and his partner Natalia are doing the parts played by Leondro and Romina last year. Giraldo is dancing with the other new lady (Maria) who is about the same height as Alex was and is wearing some of her dresses. Guillermo and Yaisuri are playing the spare couple. (Guillermo is going to be a Papa in March - Maria is heavily pregnant evidently).

The show itself is pretty much the 2012 version (I think Flav has some new style blue shoes in the first half) with a few minor tweaks. The "bum bongos" have been replaced by Carlos (Russell) and Tricia doing the bottle smashing - with a bit of drumming on one of the tables. And another of the changes was the "spare" couple getting more of a role at the end in the solo bits (in the song when Flav used to play her violin). Other than that there are a few tweaks in some of the group dances and Flav is no longer climbing on the bar with the other girls in the finale numbers - instead she and Vincent were doing a bit of solo samba quick pivot thing.

Russell is hoping to get right to start his role on Friday or Saturday - his replacement is the same guy as last year (& Anthony is doing it on the tour).

AND not forgetting Flav's lovely new sparkler. I didn't notice it at the start but I saw it several times in the second half and then has a close up view outside. It's gorgeous and totally tasteful. (had a little hug with Jimi too -Flav's such a lucky lady!).
    Thanks Sara for your report :) Reading it has only made me want to see MT again ,Still haven't booked anything yet !
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Great first MT show of 2013. Not sure how but it has the potential to be better than last year (& I thought that was pretty spectacular). Some familiar faces back for more and a couple of new faces.

Giraldo is back as the bad gaucho. And Leonel and his partner Natalia are doing the parts played by Leondro and Romina last year. Giraldo is dancing with the other new lady (Maria) who is about the same height as Alex was and is wearing some of her dresses. Guillermo and Yaisuri are playing the spare couple. (Guillermo is going to be a Papa in March - Maria is heavily pregnant evidently).

The show itself is pretty much the 2012 version (I think Flav has some new style blue shoes in the first half) with a few minor tweaks. The "bum bongos" have been replaced by Carlos (Russell) and Tricia doing the bottle smashing - with a bit of drumming on one of the tables. And another of the changes was the "spare" couple getting more of a role at the end in the solo bits (in the song when Flav used to play her violin). Other than that there are a few tweaks in some of the group dances and Flav is no longer climbing on the bar with the other girls in the finale numbers - instead she and Vincent were doing a bit of solo samba quick pivot thing.

Russell is hoping to get right to start his role on Friday or Saturday - his replacement is the same guy as last year (& Anthony is doing it on the tour).

AND not forgetting Flav's lovely new sparkler. I didn't notice it at the start but I saw it several times in the second half and then has a close up view outside. It's gorgeous and totally tasteful. (had a little hug with Jimi too -Flav's such a lucky lady!).

Sounds like it all went well from both this and the tweets last night :) Looking forward to seeing it again.

I take it no new dresses for Flav then which is a bit disappointing :( .... I did love the ones from last year but would have liked some new ones too.

Yeah, I saw some photos on FB of Maria and she is heavily pregnant :) Congrats to her and Guillermo. He won't be wanting to go on tour with a new little baby at home but can imagine all the others all coooing over the new little arrival when they visit and Flav will be getting all broody. ;):D
  • Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Dilly 1 wrote: »

Er..... Actually, its only 400,000. The other 100k were all Sara! *runs for cover*

JJ :D:D
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    Er..... Actually, its only 400,000. The other 100k were all Sara! *runs for cover*

JJ :D:D

I hope you are ashamed JJ - don't forget Jimi (we were discussing it last night - we've both seen it about the same amount of times).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Out There!

Back to the wind and rain today! (although we ARE getting some sunny periods apparently)

AND its the weekend! Time to get the slsap on and head on out.

Keep the brolly handy, then, and enjoy the day!

JJ :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good morning World

A bright, crisp winters day, they are assuring us. No clouds out there at the mo.

AND its the start of the 6 Nations! I'll be glued to the Telly this afternoon. lets hope everyone is still smiling this evening.

Enjoy your day of course;

Anyone off to the Tour or to MT today??

• Options
    Forum Member
    The SCD tour people are off to see Midnight Tango on their night off on Monday night :) Wonder who will all be there.... I saw a tweet from Denise, and also James has tweeted too about going.
    @The_JamesJordan: All of us are going to watch @vincentsimone and @FlaviaCacace on Monday's sold out show! Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning World!!!

Well, after a VERY cold night, it looks like a showery Sunday, so a good day to stay in and do nothing. Sports fans mike like to join me on the sofa to watch Italy v France at Rugby.

It seems Louis is back to his winning ways with Ola on the tour. The end-figures will be interesting!

Enjoy a relaxing day,

• Options
    Forum Member
    Just for info, Julie tweeted that Louis and Ola have had a clean sweep at the O2 - thats 20 out of 22. Only 9 performances to go, so the Tour is in the bag, so to speak!

• Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning world!

Its monday, and its not looking toooooo bad down here in the Vale. A sunny start and a soggy finish to the day. Cool, of course - it IS the first week in Feb..

Strictly night at MY today, it seems. So if anyone is going and notices a group of hooligans catcalling, it will undoubtably be James, Robin, etc.

See above re Louis having won the tour already!

Enjoy your day - even if it IS Monday - and wrap up warm

• Options
    Forum Member
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    Good Morning world!

Its monday, and its not looking toooooo bad down here in the Vale. A sunny start and a soggy finish to the day. Cool, of course - it IS the first week in Feb..

Strictly night at MY today, it seems. So if anyone is going and notices a group of hooligans catcalling, it will undoubtably be James, Robin, etc.

See above re Louis having won the tour already!

Enjoy your day - even if it IS Monday - and wrap up warm

Yeah I think he won the tour the other day and became unbeatable. Well done to him and Ola. A good few more wins to be had by them too before the tour ends I imagine. :)

I hope a lot of the SCD live tourers go tonight as a few have tweeted about it... And I wonder if Russell will be fit enough to go onstage. I think he's planning to if his physio gives the go ahead, although if he's as under rehearsed as he says he is, if I was the production company I wouldn't allow him back until AFTER press night!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flavia and Vincent on Alan Titchmarsh show on ITV - Wed at 3pm :)
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Flavia and Vincent on Alan Titchmarsh show on ITV - Wed at 3pm :)

The blurb says that Russell is on as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The blurb says that Russell is on as well.

Yeah I think he is on too :) I wonder if he will still be on even if not in show!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,984
    Forum Member
    Went to see Midnight Tango on Saturday night and it was AMAZING as always :D The theatre was packed too, I couldn’t see a single spare seat so think it must have been sold out that night. The only downside was there were some drunks sitting just up from us and they were just shouting the most bizarre things the whole time! The ushers had to keep shushing them and eventually came and stood by the aisle to constantly watch them and threaten with chucking them out! Still, the show was BRILL! :D

Thought all the new girls were great, they’ve got a great cast and they guy playing Carlos was very good too, although I will miss Teddy as I did love him in the role.

The show was basically the same as the last tour with a few little changes, V & F seem to have a couple more mini solo spots this time, in some of the group numbers, instead of always dancing with the group, they get a little spot on their own more. They’ve added a lot more Samba to the finale dance and the lift they did at the end of their first sort of curtain call dance where all couples get a mini solo is so incredible! The one where she balances on his shoulders/arms and he just spins, he was spinning so fast on Sat night it was amazing! They should really do that lift on Strictly some time as it’s so impressive! :D

The dresses were all the same apart from the black finale one, which is the same basic dress but it’s now been sparklified! :D It was GORGEOUS! Covered in gems and just looks stunning! The only other new bit dress wise was she has a new scarf to go with the red dress. She’s still got the cape and gloves with the blue dress and the mac with the white dress, I do love that white dress unveiling when he takes the mac off :D. With the dimmed lights and bright white dress she just shines like gorgeous goddess at that moment!

I took my family to the show this time, none of them had seen it before, or knew much about it, although my brother in law did know the show has been massively successful and sold millions of £s of tickets :D Anyway they all loved it! Their comments were that Flavia really stood out as the best dancer :D, they loved the white Rumba and also thought the fight dance was brilliant. My sister loved how V & F sort of burst in with big entrances :D They thought the story was told really well too and that the way Flavia walks is incredibly sexy! :cool:

It was so great seeing the show again, will never get tired of watching it. I do love the White rumba but my favourite dance is still the Tango Waltz…I just LOVE it! It’s so beautiful and floaty and intricate and just superb :D

So want to go again right now lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JollyMolly wrote: »
    Went to see Midnight Tango on Saturday night and it was AMAZING as always The theatre was packed too, I couldn’t see a single spare seat so think it must have been sold out that night. The only downside was there were some drunks sitting just up from us and they were just shouting the most bizarre things the whole time! The ushers had to keep shushing them and eventually came and stood by the aisle to constantly watch them and threaten with chucking them out! Still, the show was BRILL!

Thought all the new girls were great, they’ve got a great cast and they guy playing Carlos was very good too, although I will miss Teddy as I did love him in the role.

The show was basically the same as the last tour with a few little changes, V & F seem to have a couple more mini solo spots this time, in some of the group numbers, instead of always dancing with the group, they get a little spot on their own more. They’ve added a lot more Samba to the finale dance and the lift they did at the end of their first sort of curtain call dance where all couples get a mini solo is so incredible! The one where she balances on his shoulders/arms and he just spins, he was spinning so fast on Sat night it was amazing! They should really do that lift on Strictly some time as it’s so impressive! :D

The dresses were all the same apart from the black finale one, which is the same basic dress but it’s now been sparklified! :D It was GORGEOUS! Covered in gems and just looks stunning! The only other new bit dress wise was she has a new scarf to go with the red dress. She’s still got the cape and gloves with the blue dress and the mac with the white dress, I do love that white dress unveiling when he takes the mac off :D. With the dimmed lights and bright white dress she just shines like gorgeous goddess at that moment!

I took my family to the show this time, none of them had seen it before, or knew much about it, although my brother in law did know the show has been massively successful and sold millions of £s of tickets :D Anyway they all loved it! Their comments were that Flavia really stood out as the best dancer :D, they loved the white Rumba and also thought the fight dance was brilliant. My sister loved how V & F sort of burst in with big entrances :D They thought the story was told really well too and that the way Flavia walks is incredibly sexy! :cool:

It was so great seeing the show again, will never get tired of watching it. I do love the White rumba but my favourite dance is still the Tango Waltz…I just LOVE it! It’s so beautiful and floaty and intricate and just superb :D

Thanks Holly, and it sounds like a fab show still. Glad you enjoyed it, and good to hear your family also enjoyed it as it is always good to know what other 'less MT obsessed' people think :D

I too love the Tango Waltz, but the rumba is still my definite favourite. I wish there were more new dresses though!

I really want to watch the DVD again now that the show is on again.... might do that actually :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Holly, and it sounds like a fab show still. Glad you enjoyed it, and good to hear your family also enjoyed it as it is always good to know what other 'less MT obsessed' people think :D

I too love the Tango Waltz, but the rumba is still my definite favourite. I wish there were more new dresses though!

I really want to watch the DVD again now that the show is on again.... might do that actually :D

I so wish we had a DVD of the West End version as well as the tour one (still want the tour one as we get Flav playing the Violin :D), but all the changes they made for the West End run were brilliant and the supporting cast really are much better.

And yeah it would have been nice to see some new dresses, although I'd have wanted the white one to stay the same anyway as that dress is just perfect :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I so wish we had a DVD of the West End version as well as the tour one (still want the tour one as we get Flav playing the Violin :D), but all the changes they made for the West End run were brilliant and the supporting cast really are much better.

And yeah it would have been nice to see some new dresses, although I'd have wanted the white one to stay the same anyway as that dress is just perfect :D

I still love the red one so wouldn't have minded that one staying the same :D They are all lovely dresses though so I can see why they kept them, it would just have been nice to get MORE lovely dresses :D

Yeah an updated version of the DVD would have been good to complete the MT journey from the first year until the third.
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Went to see Midnight Tango on Saturday night and it was AMAZING as always The theatre was packed too, I couldn’t see a single spare seat so think it must have been sold out that night. The only downside was there were some drunks sitting just up from us and they were just shouting the most bizarre things the whole time! The ushers had to keep shushing them and eventually came and stood by the aisle to constantly watch them and threaten with chucking them out! Still, the show was BRILL!

The show was basically the same as the last tour with a few little changes, V & F seem to have a couple more mini solo spots this time, in some of the group numbers, instead of always dancing with the group, they get a little spot on their own more. They’ve added a lot more Samba to the finale dance and the lift they did at the end of their first sort of curtain call dance where all couples get a mini solo is so incredible! The one where she balances on his shoulders/arms and he just spins, he was spinning so fast on Sat night it was amazing! They should really do that lift on Strictly some time as it’s so impressive!

Thanks for a brilliant report jollymolly :) I am more pleased than ever now that I managed to persuade my OH to come with me to one of the provincial shows. You never know, he might even enjoy it! And I'm sure I will :D Thanks again :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still love the red one so wouldn't have minded that one staying the same :D They are all lovely dresses though so I can see why they kept them, it would just have been nice to get MORE lovely dresses :D

Yeah an updated version of the DVD would have been good to complete the MT journey from the first year until the third.

Yeah the red one is lovely and I do love the blue one too and I love the sparklified black one now too! :D

And I was really glad this time that she took the gloves off by the time Temptation came round which looked much better as I always thought it looked odd to dance THAT dance while wearing olden day gloves lol! :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Thanks for a brilliant report jollymolly :) I am more pleased than ever now that I managed to persuade my OH to come with me to one of the provincial shows. You never know, he might even enjoy it! And I'm sure I will :D Thanks again :cool:

You will love it Lind_Loue :D And i'm sure you're other half will too, it's so much more then just a fab dance show, there's comedy and amazing music, there's just so much to like about it :D

You'll have to report back after you've seen it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was having a browse of the Ultimate Strictly site the other day and looking at all the scores I realised how many records Flav has on Strictly :D

She’s the first pro to get a perfect score outside of the final, so the first pro to get a perfect score for a 1st attempt at a dance! The perfect 40s before her and Matt’s 40 for their Waltz were all for dances they’d already done earlier in the series and were just having another go at lol! So that’s pretty impressive to get the first 40 right from the start with no corrections needed :D

And for 1st attempts at dances she’s got 3 records for the highest score ever for a dance! 40 for her Waltz with Matt, 38 for her Salsa with Matt and 40 for her Showdance with Louis (this is a joint one as James and Denise and Jason and Kristina also have perfect 40s for their showdances). But with 3 different dances she has the most record highest scores of all the female pros too :D

She’s the only female pro to ever get her celeb to get a 10 for a Rumba and she’s done it with TWO of her celebs :D

She’s also the only female pro to have still been in the competition at both the Wembley shows the last 2 years.

And she’s the only pro to have made it all the way through to the end of the competition, and therefore had a significant part in both the series Strictly won the audience favourite Talent show NTA award for :D The only other pro to come close is Brendan who went out week 8 both years But Flav lasted the distance in both to make them FAB series ;):p:D.

Anyway, just a few interesting Flav facts there :D
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Love it Jolly! Flav has all this, and good looks and oodles of personality too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was having a browse of the Ultimate Strictly site the other day and looking at all the scores I realised how many records Flav has on Strictly

She’s the first pro to get a perfect score outside of the final, so the first pro to get a perfect score for a 1st attempt at a dance! The perfect 40s before her and Matt’s 40 for their Waltz were all for dances they’d already done earlier in the series and were just having another go at lol! So that’s pretty impressive to get the first 40 right from the start with no corrections needed

And for 1st attempts at dances she’s got 3 records for the highest score ever for a dance! 40 for her Waltz with Matt, 38 for her Salsa with Matt and 40 for her Showdance with Louis (this is a joint one as James and Denise and Jason and Kristina also have perfect 40s for their showdances). But with 3 different dances she has the most record highest scores of all the female pros too

She’s the only female pro to ever get her celeb to get a 10 for a Rumba and she’s done it with TWO of her celebs

She’s also the only female pro to have still been in the competition at both the Wembley shows the last 2 years.

And she’s the only pro to have made it all the way through to the end of the competition, and therefore had a significant part in both the series Strictly won the audience favourite Talent show NTA award for :D The only other pro to come close is Brendan who went out week 8 both years But Flav lasted the distance in both to make them FAB series ;):p:D.

Anyway, just a few interesting Flav facts there :D

Lol, I love the randomness of this Molly :D When our Flav gets a good 'un she sure makes the most of him! :D She is without doubt not only the Queen of Tango, but she is also Queen of Rumba too! ;) Like you say, both Matt and Louis scored 10's in their Rumba which is a pretty good achievement given it's the 'hardest dance for a bloke' :p ... and I'd go as far as to call her the Queen of Salsa too given the amazing ones she has pulled off with both Matt and Louis. Nice work Flavia!

The fact about the NTA can only mean one thing... If SCD wants to win another one of these awards, then they need to make sure they give her another partner who she can take to the final as it obviously means the longer Flav is in the show... the better the series. ;)