superpop

I think the rare and unreleased album would be great and could include

La Petit Jeune Fille (final mix)
    Gone Gone Gone
    Run
    Revenge
    Like A Flower
    Triggering
    Shake Your Head with Was Not Was and Ozzy Osbourne.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well so much for the penn/madge rumours, because rumour now has it that they've both hooked up with younger partners again.:D

i agree with the general consensus here that we need a direction change from madge, but omg, the adele rumour sounds well dodgy to me.:blush: now i really like adele and her music really speaks to my increasingly "adult contemporary" leanings over the past few years.:blush: on a personal level, i find her refreshingly down to earth, an ordinary girl, who became an extraordinary success story. however, i couldn't really see a collaboration with madge seeming convincing personally.

however, william orbit has confirmed he will be writing with adele this year...
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the MDNA tour worth getting? Unsure about buying the blu-ray.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Is the MDNA tour worth getting? Unsure about buying the blu-ray.

Definitely. It's probably her second best tour after Blond Ambition, IMO
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are rumours Madonna will be performing at the Grammys with another artist, possibly Daft Punk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    There are rumours Madonna will be performing at the Grammys with another artist, possibly Daft Punk.

imagine if she did "blurred lines" with robin thicke.:o he has been confirmed as a performer and he duetted with a female performer at both the emas and the vmas.:D i wouldn't put it past her personally and it would certainly get people talking about her again.:p

she's definitely up to something though and i cant believe she was pap'd going to the gym on crutches.:o well actually i can believe it, because nothing interrupts her workout regime, but why was she dancing in high heels in the first place?:confused: a rehearsal perhaps?

either way, you have to give her credit for her dedication to her exercise regime and i hope her foot gets better soon.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear.:o her auto correct must have been set to "urban dictionary".:o love her response though.:D

"Ok let me start this again. #get off of my dick haters!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love her instagram account and love how she doesn't hold back. I do wonder though if she's guilty of posting without necessarily thinking. I think most people see the funny side of things but I can understand where the PC brigade are coming from with her language and putting pics of kids holding bottles of liquor up. Anyway, it's keeping the fans interested and keeping her name out there while she enjoys her break. I do wonder though why she seems to be hanging around so much with young dancers now? If you follow their own instagrams and Twitter's it takes 10 secs to realise she doesn't befriend them for any intellectual stimulation. I also follow Rocco's personal Instagram and can't stand how he acts as though he was born and bred in Compton
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    I'm expecting a Katy Perry Madonna combo... and a Daft punk collar this year...but which will be the Grammy introduction to year of M?

For a Grammy performance - it would be a possible song from a Grammy nom song or album

Daft Punk - 'Within' ft Madonna: this could be beautiful, stylistic, orchestral and re-establish Madonna as an artist in the style of ROL for the main audience

similarly 'Touch' could work well featuring M vocals but would need an edit.

Katy Perry - Dark Horse; Double Rainbow or Legendary Lovers

please no to featuring on 'get lucky' or 'roar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    I love her instagram account and love how she doesn't hold back. I do wonder though if she's guilty of posting without necessarily thinking. I think most people see the funny side of things but I can understand where the PC brigade are coming from with her language and putting pics of kids holding bottles of liquor up. Anyway, it's keeping the fans interested and keeping her name out there while she enjoys her break. I do wonder though why she seems to be hanging around so much with young dancers now? If you follow their own instagrams and Twitter's it takes 10 secs to realise she doesn't befriend them for any intellectual stimulation. I also follow Rocco's personal Instagram and can't stand how he acts as though he was born and bred in Compton

Do you think that Rocco posted that hashtag with the N word? It seems more like something he would do not Madonna. I don't consider myself a PC person but I don't really agree with using the n word. It seems out of character for Madonna. I don't follow Rocco because it seems creepy for me to follow the child of a celebrity rather than the celebrity themselves. But a lot of white kids act that way influenced by rap songs. My friend's son is exactly like that. It's kind of funny because he's a wealthy kid living in North London. It's kind of annoying but it's not that big a deal, just typical immature teenage behaviour that they grow out of eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think that Rocco posted that hashtag with the N word? It seems more like something he would do not Madonna. I don't consider myself a PC person but I don't really agree with using the n word. It seems out of character for Madonna. I don't follow Rocco because it seems creepy for me to follow the child of a celebrity rather than the celebrity themselves. But a lot of white kids act that way influenced by rap songs. My friend's son is exactly like that. It's kind of funny because he's a wealthy kid living in North London. It's kind of annoying but it's not that big a deal, just typical immature teenage behaviour that they grow out of eventually.

No I think it was Madonna's doing and I think she needs to put the Instagram down to be honest. Posting pics of penis bongs and of Rocco holding up bottles of liquor and calling him a '****' is going to cause trouble and she's out of touch if she thinks she can do all that and not get stick for it. I've been on some of the Madonna fan sites and lots of fans are far from impressed by her behaviour on Instagram. When she was posting insightful pics of her lifestyle and work then it's great but she's making herself look a little silly at times. She's behaving all 'ghetto' like the dancers she hangs around with and it's a little cringeworthy to be honest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I think it was Madonna's doing and I think she needs to put the Instagram down to be honest. Posting pics of penis bongs and of Rocco holding up bottles of liquor and calling him a '****' is going to cause trouble and she's out of touch if she thinks she can do all that and not get stick for it. I've been on some of the Madonna fan sites and lots of fans are far from impressed by her behaviour on Instagram. When she was posting insightful pics of her lifestyle and work then it's great but she's making herself look a little silly at times. She's behaving all 'ghetto' like the dancers she hangs around with and it's a little cringeworthy to be honest

It doesn't really bother me that much either way. People take what's on social media too seriously. It's not real life, it's a joke and a bit of fun. In the big picture, it doesn't matter that much. I don't like to judge people by what's on their social media account. It does seem odd she changed from the insightful pictures she was doing at first to these more shocking things though. That's why I think Rocco might have had something to do with it, not her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't really bother me that much either way. People take what's on social media too seriously. It's not real life, it's a joke and a bit of fun. In the big picture, it doesn't matter that much. I don't like to judge people by what's on their social media account. It does seem odd she changed from the insightful pictures she was doing at first to these more shocking things though. That's why I think Rocco might have had something to do with it, not her.

On the fan sites quite a few people are trying to convince themselves it's Rocco's doing but if it was then why take it down and then repost it saying 'get off my dick'. Also, Rocco would be a seriously stupid child to hack his mothers account and use that language. I think she needs to ditch Instagram as some of the stuff she's writing is pretty cringeworthy. Her and Rocco talk as if they are crips from Compton
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's apologised on Facebook for her language now. I think she's best leaving social media and connecting to her fans with great music/tours. I kind of liked that air of mystique about her anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the fan sites quite a few people are trying to convince themselves it's Rocco's doing but if it was then why take it down and then repost it saying 'get off my dick'. Also, Rocco would be a seriously stupid child to hack his mothers account and use that language. I think she needs to ditch Instagram as some of the stuff she's writing is pretty cringeworthy. Her and Rocco talk as if they are crips from Compton

I still think it's Rocco. It just seems out of character for her. When has she used this kind of language in the past? The "get off my dick" may also have come from Rocco. Teenagers are stupid by definition. It's just one or two posts that are questionable. Most of her instagram posts are cool and interesting and not offensive. She just needs to keep Rocco away from her phone. I don't think she should dump Instagram because of this. Her apology was lovely and sincere but of course some people won't accept it because they love to hate her. But it does sort of come off as she is covering up for Rocco. She's not going to say he posted it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think it's Rocco. It just seems out of character for her. When has she used this kind of language in the past? The "get off my dick" may also have come from Rocco. Teenagers are stupid by definition. It's just one or two posts that are questionable. Most of her instagram posts are cool and interesting and not offensive. She just needs to keep Rocco away from her phone. I don't think she should dump Instagram because of this. Her apology was lovely and sincere but of course some people won't accept it because they love to hate her. But it does sort of come off as she is covering up for Rocco. She's not going to say he posted it.

I don't think for a minute Rocco's done it. I can't believe for a single second she's let him put that on her account and then deleted it and then put get off my dick haters. She's done it make no mistake about it and if she calls her son that word as a term of endearment to her son like she says she was doing in her apology then that is just pathetic. I'm a huge Madonna fan and it won't stop me being a fan but she is embarrassing herself on Instagram with the penis bong and then the booze and now her choice of language.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i can see why she apologised and it was an incredible silly thing to write on social media, especially considering pc brigade always at the ready to pounce on anything like as if someone's died or something.:blush: however, i don't think she should quit social media due to this or any other faux pas she may make on that platform.

i think some of the stuff she posts is hilarious personally and yes, it is a bit cringe worthy at times, but its only a bit of fun really. its like the grills, i highly doubt she sits around at home with those in her gob, but it was amusing reading people's outrage at her decision to wear them publicly.:D

the bottom line is madonna was never going to age gracefully and its her life for her to make her own choices. do i honestly think she's challenging age related stereotypes with her behaviour on instagram? no, but she is defending her own right to post whatever she wants (within reason) and she's also defending her right not to conform to ideals set for her by others, because of her age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She comes out of it looking bad in all ways. Firstly, she shouldn't use that word anyway and then acts immature and childish when people question her over it and then apologises saying it was a term of endearment:confused::o also, Rocco acts pathetic at times on there with his faux gangster behaviour and I find it hard to believe Madonna lets him get away with it. I want her on there to showcase her art, her thoughts, share with us some pics of what she's up to and even what she's eating etc but she's acting like a teenager on there and using language like them but when she hangs around with the dancers all the time then that's probably why she's behaving like she is
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm shocked at the N bomb :eek:

I agree it seems way too out of character. So god knows what she was thinking.

I also kinda agree about Rocco. While he is only 14 it seems he is turning into a Hollywood brat. The exact thing I never expected to happen. I just wonder what Guy thinks of all this. Can't imagine him being pleased.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm shocked at the N bomb :eek:

I agree it seems way too out of character. So god knows what she was thinking.

I also kinda agree about Rocco. While he is only 14 it seems he is turning into a Hollywood brat. The exact thing I never expected to happen. I just wonder what Guy thinks of all this. Can't imagine him being pleased.

I bet Guy is fuming at seeing him acting like a wannabee gangster. Hopefully she'll drop a great and thoughtful album and it'll all be forgotten
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think people have to remember social media is not about what we want as fans. i don't partake in social media to please other people, so why should she?:confused: if anybody finds her posts embarrassing then they always have to option to avoid her posts.

rocco is 13 and a chip off the old block (guy i mean). guy was also born into a privileged background that has always seemed at odds with his "cockney rebel" persona, so i doubt he is too concerned with his sons behaviour personally. like gigi though, i don't follow him, because it seems quite weird to follow children on social media and my interest in him is pretty limited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i think people have to remember social media is not about what we want as fans. i don't partake in social media to please other people, so why should she?:confused: if anybody finds her posts embarrassing then they always have to option to avoid her posts.

rocco is 13 and a chip off the old block (guy i mean). guy was also born into a privileged background that has always seemed at odds with his "cockney rebel" persona, so i doubt he is too concerned with his sons behaviour personally. like gigi though, i don't follow him, because it seems quite weird to follow children on social media and my interest in him is pretty limited.

I don't think using that language is acceptable no matter what website and no matter what Tom Dick and Harry is using it. She's been stupid and that's the top and tail of it. I'm a huge fan and will stay a fan but when she messes up I will call her out in it. I hate the 'if you don't like it don't read/follow/buy it' thing as well. I'm not sure if you're implying I'm weird for following children as we'll but I think that's extremely offensive thing to say. Rocco and Madonna encourage people to follow his account
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    That Instagram post was really stupid, and so was the apology - what 55 year old white woman uses that word as a 'term of endearment' for her son? I mean... :confused:

I don't care if it was an in-joke or that it's Madonna's 'personal' account on social media. I'm not for giving that word more power than it deserves, but it's not Madonna's place to use it. Especially as someone who has campaigned for equality through the years and has adopted two black children - and if that's a 'term of endearment' for her white son what does she call them? :confused:

She should get a grip, and should seek attention for her music, not crap like this. I expect better from her. This reeks of trying to be 'down with the #kidz' and she needs to grow up a bit.

I had high hopes for her next record approaching a level of higher maturity than MDNA or Hard Candy because of secretprojectrevolution but it's looking increasingly likely that we'll be getting a Grammys performance with Katy Perry and an album produced by an iPad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the 'if you don't like it don't read/follow/buy it' thing as well.

I'm not sure if you're implying I'm weird for following children as we'll but I think that's extremely offensive thing to say.

i couldn't care less about your personal feelings about that statement quite frankly, that is my personal opinion about the people moaning about her posting habits and its makes common sense from my prospective.

i implied nothing, i just wrote from a personal prospective, so there's no reason to be offended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i couldn't care less about your personal feelings about that statement quite frankly, that is my personal opinion about the people moaning about her posting habits and its makes common sense from my prospective.

i implied nothing, i just wrote from a personal prospective, so there's no reason to be offended.

You said it's weird to follow children on social media which implies a lot really and that was a stupid thing to say. Also, Madonna's shit smells of roses all the time to you so if you think her behaviours fine then so be it but I think she's been careless and silly