Options

Music channels

Comments

• Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    Watching the end of Marvin Humes DJLive on Clubland. It's nowhere near as bad as I expected:o

Thought it would be full of Jessie J and Rihanna remixes but it's the opposite.

So is that an yes or no? Was it just a one off or is Clubland planning more? You better hope Clubland don't ask that TOWIE/Geordie lot for their own DJ set :o
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    So is that an yes or no? Was it just a one off or is Clubland planning more? You better hope Clubland don't ask that TOWIE/Geordie lot for their own DJ set :o

They had a series with a different name a few months ago and Marvin was a special episode (because he used to be famous) but on Twitter there's tweets about a new series coming soon.
  • Options
    Raven_007Raven_007 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Not much of a music tv viewer nowadays but noticed how bad they've all become , all the same trash on repeat non stop , do viewers ever get bored of the same content over and over again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They had a series with a different name a few months ago and Marvin was a special episode (because he used to be famous) but on Twitter there's tweets about a new series coming soon.

Interesting maybe they should consider him in the series - was it decent - brief rundown of what was played (not all tracks lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raven_007 wrote: »
    Not much of a music tv viewer nowadays but noticed how bad they've all become , all the same trash on repeat non stop , do viewers ever get bored of the same content over and over again.

VH1 is just bad on the same ballads and programming (you might get an odd NEW show on there), MTV Dance has gone downhill - classics are more night time play MTV Base give a bit of credit does Flashbacks but as far as 2000 (aint seen anything highlighted for say 1990) MTV Hits is like MTV Music as MTV Live (all 3 sharing near same content shifted around)

If I am honest variety these days has gone out the window - the viewer(s) are stuck with this same crap day in and day out - MTV programming ideas just revolve around MTV (you could say this in relation to Bauer)

I noted Kerrang has gone downhill too - couple weeks ago I seen Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm on about twice in a weekend - they too had a follow up which didn't do well but again I have never seen that on either (not my type of music) but baffles me in what we get on these channels music wise - pending on channel, classics are shoved to side or its the same ones on repeat, lack of programming ideas and whilst I will give Bauer a bit of credit they have at least stopped Teleshopping on all their channels (except 4Music) meanwhile over on planet Viacom/MTV UK - the viewer still has Teleshopping on ALL their channels and the viewer has to put up with bombardment of all things going on Planet MTV on all their channels (VH1 is not in the MTV demographic but its advertising it wrongly), so what is their main goal? Are they all trying to achieve anyone born in the 1970's-1980's told to bug off if so they are doing a grand job at that (excluding Vintage TV) its a shame that these channels are running into the ground with little thought put into them
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The core brands now of Viacom is Channel 5 alongside MTV as Neighbours trailers pop up on MTV Classic.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the end of Marvin Humes DJLive on Clubland. It's nowhere near as bad as I expected:o

Thought it would be full of Jessie J and Rihanna remixes but it's the opposite.

I didn't watch. Not my thing anyway.
    Raven_007 wrote: »

Very bored. It's almost like a game now, spot the rarer song.
    The core brands now of Viacom is Channel 5 alongside MTV as Neighbours trailers pop up on MTV Classic.

:o:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just noticed Clubland are advertising ITV2 as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So really out of the Viacom family the channels that will get ads played will be MTV (main), VIVA and Channel 5 ... so where is VH1 in this family of channels? Has Viacom forgot about this channel? (assuming its been done on purpose for a reason)
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viacom don't really care about the music video channels. They may start promoting Five Star and Five USA too through they haven't really decided what to do with them yet..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viacom don't really care about the music video channels. They may start promoting Five Star and Five USA too through they haven't really decided what to do with them yet..

Oh good .... maybe they can give "archer" a decent slot from now on? They must care about their (cough cough) music channels since MTV is the most focused channel everyone must go to for some odd reason - why not give each of their channels some type of acknowledgement than focus on certain ones? If that is the case why not just get rid of the excess channels and be done with it all if that is what they are aiming for?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Last night's Top 50 on VH1 was "Songs That Are Better Than Cake!". Strange theme but at least it was something different.

The constantly repeated Power Ballads and Heartbreaking Hits charts are back today.

I couldn't work out why that chart was on - then twigged it was because Bake Off was on BBC1!

I see Magic has had a graphics refresh if anyone is interested :P

Nowadays, I just have Bliss or MTV Classic on, occasionally The Vault.... I used to just watch MTV hits! and The BOX back in the day. Sigh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clubland doing another most selected chart, but of 2014.

Doesn't appear to include those pre-app, so the most selected chart of 2014 looks like it's just the most selected of the past few weeks but Clubland misleading again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clubland doing another most selected chart, but of 2014.

Doesn't appear to include those pre-app, so the most selected chart of 2014 looks like it's just the most selected of the past few weeks but Clubland misleading again.

Won't me me edit, so will have to add in another post.

Looking closer, it appears to be 'selected bangers' and not a definitive list of the whole playlist.

Then I notice it's with data by radio monitor which actually only lists songs played NOT songs selected as Clubland are suggesting.

So basically, the whole chart is manufactured by Clubland anyway and just another way of getting their chosen tunes on air.

Magic is weird. American Heartbreakers has been on every day since the revamp. It's an old chart but now with an American voiceover (not sure if it's a real American or someone putting on the accent, as it's quite weak)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noted the UK TOP 40: 100 of the year so far .... I know it can change but how many times can they get away with "so far" .... you have one say in May and now another one in September whats next November? Just leave it to middle of the year and do a repeat before the end of year chart FFS!
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debut No.1's at 1 - Boyz II Men - "End Of The Road" err I don't think so VH-1 I think you will find "Motownphilly" reached No.23 before this song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTV Classic playing a mixture of 90's and 00's songs in greatest number 1's of the noughties.

No 2 - Spice Girls - Wannabee and No 1 - Britney - Baby One More Time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Debut No.1's at 1 - Boyz II Men - "End Of The Road" err I don't think so VH-1 I think you will find "Motownphilly" reached No.23 before this song.

LOL - still VH1 can't get facts right!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTV Classic playing a mixture of 90's and 00's songs in greatest number 1's of the noughties.

No 2 - Spice Girls - Wannabee and No 1 - Britney - Baby One More Time

Spice Girls - Wannabe 1996

Britney - One More Time 1999 .... umm sorry it ain't 00's (I could to a degree let this song slide but it was released in January 1999 (back of say Nov/Dec 1998 vid would be released) MTV you bunch of twonks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nipped out this morning and got back, checked my DVD Recorder and it seemed like Hmeister may have been voting - Basshunter x2, Aquagen, ATB and Cascada Megamix - I then voted for 5 Cascada and they played them all :eek:

It appears to work on Wednesday mornings, which is most bizarre.

Anyway, the Top25 you chose today is on now - it's exactly the same 25 as the couple of weeks, at least, so not todays chart at all. Needs re-naming.
  • Options
    ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4music should be on freesat and skytv ireland service

10 years ago, sky had a music package which was a waste of money
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught the ad for Made In Chelsea:NYC is starting next week I checked their site Thursday its listed (Assume its on Tuesday too) :o ... Its not as if the programme has not aired on E4! :o
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    Just caught the ad for Made In Chelsea:NYC is starting next week I checked their site Thursday its listed (Assume its on Tuesday too) :o ... Its not as if the programme has not aired on E4! :o

I can see it becoming E4 Classic eventually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see it becoming E4 Classic eventually.

The irony of it .... is there is already a new episode this week on E4 so how can they justify repeating a show on a "music" channel within weeks of its starting on another channel?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bliss - 90's Retro Pop Hits - Britney, Born To Make You Happy. No 1 in May 2000.

Close...