Jeremy Kyle New Series

Comments

• Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek:
    Poolio wrote: »
    Jeremy isn't consistent with his attitude towards the guests and often starts with an immediate dislike of someone which he maintains until the end. It reminded me of an addicts show the other week - Jeremy seemed to fall in love with one of the guests who was a user AND had been in prison for dealing. Usually with addicts he shouts them down and calls them selfish for placing drugs above their families but with this bloke he was not only restrained but was too nice.

I always laugh too when I look back at the episode where he was matey with the convicted armed robber and invited people to write in if they could offer a job. He was trying to be all pally with the bloke as he saw him as a hardman.

Very well put, Poolio. You're absolutely right. Jeremy seems to decide whether he likes a guest or not and then tailor his opinions to fit that stance, instead of forming the opinion based on what the person has actually done.

I saw the final part of a show last week in which a young woman had slept with two men at the same time, and her partner, a former drug-taker, didn't know if he was the father of her baby or not. Jeremy absolutely fawned over them both, showering the ex-drug-taker with praise for getting clean, and telling the woman there was no blame on her for not knowing who her baby's father was.

Yet, earlier in the same show, he had yelled at and bullied a woman who had previously been a drug addict. And almost every day he shouts at young girls who have unprotected sex with more than one man. It made no sense to romanticise and fawn over this couple, who seemed no different from anyone else on the show who gets "both barrels" for the same situation.

Worst of all is the way he excuses/glosses quickly over violence and aggression from his "chosen" guests. If someone he's championing suddenly launches themselves across the stage to attack someone, Jeremy says things like "You're better than that" (when clearly, they're actually not!) :) Anyone remember the famous episode when a horrible man spat in his sister's face, yet Jeremy remained on his side and kept having a go at the sister for not being prepared to put up with that sort of behaviour? Shocking!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    // Anyone remember the famous episode when a horrible man spat in his sister's face, yet Jeremy remained on his side and kept having a go at the sister for not being prepared to put up with that sort of behaviour? Shocking!//

How could anyone forget that tattooed twonk?:rolleyes: Stupid Hat and Half his face tattoed and spitting in the girls face:. What a vile specimen.:mad:

Kyle fawned over him but I would have had one of the big lads take the filthy little specimen by the scruff of his stupid neck and land a giant size 12 up that scumbags backside thus launching him into the ether. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    All of your comments are so true . no one in the real world would get away with being abusive to people . Why does he? surely tv programmes must be accountable to some proffesional body ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is definitely losing it......at least Jerry Springer knows that he is playing if for laughs.... Kyle actually thinks he is achieving something.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old guests of Jeremy Kyle.... The lovely Julie and Vinny :eek::eek: appearing now on 'On Benefits and Proud' Channel 5
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was today's a repeat?????....it was that one week, I need a walking stick , next week I don't woman and her enchanting daughters again....:eek::eek:

Sure I have seen it before. Thought it was a 'new season'. :confused:
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Since when did they start doing JK in HD? First i've seen it on ITV2 in HD (We don't get the STV HD channel up here on sky so not sure if it's a new thing or whatever)
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Was today's a repeat?????....it was that one week, I need a walking stick , next week I don't woman and her enchanting daughters again....:eek::eek:

Sure I have seen it before. Thought it was a 'new season'. :confused:

:confused: No it wasn't a repeat. It was a new episode. Maybe you watched the afternoon repeat.

Horrible little teenage boy this morning that burnt a frog alive and said he "doesn't get on with black people" :mad: he's just vile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    :confused: No it wasn't a repeat. It was a new episode. Maybe you watched the afternoon repeat.

Horrible little teenage boy this morning that burnt a frog alive and said he "doesn't get on with black people" :mad: he's just vile.

I watched it on-demand..... it was supposed to be today's show, it was also signed for the deaf. I wonder if they had put the old show up by mistake???? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched it on-demand..... it was supposed to be today's show, it was also signed for the deaf. I wonder if they had put the old show up by mistake???? :confused:

Yes they definitely have, today's was definitely a new episode. For once I found myself agreeing with the little twerp when he was shouting at a vile disgusting teenager who burned animals alive and hated black people. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they definitely have, today's was definitely a new episode. For once I found myself agreeing with the little twerp when he was shouting at a vile disgusting teenager who burned animals alive and hated black people. :mad:

I shall have to search for that one.... sounds a load of fun! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A very rare occurance indeed and it always makes me feel dirty simply because of the way he puts his POV across
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virgin's On-Demand is showing old episodes not the ones from the morning. It was another signed repeat today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a look at ITV i-player and yesterday and today are signed repeats too. What is going on? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just had a look at ITV i-player and yesterday and today are signed repeats too. What is going on? :confused:

No idea :confused: today's was definitely another new episode.
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone watch on Benefits and proud the other night ? I know the Liverpool couple who were on it have been on the Jeremy Kyle show a few times by reading on the TV Forum. I wonder if anyone has a link to watch that family ? Cheers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch on Benefits and proud the other night ? I know the Liverpool couple who were on it have been on the Jeremy Kyle show a few times by reading on the TV Forum. I wonder if anyone has a link to watch that family ? Cheers.

Yes, it was spotted straight away.....

the fat loud scouser woman with the husband, Vinny, who slept with one of the numerous daughters and they all swopped partners at regular intervals. Lovely family. :rolleyes:

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/jeremy-kyle-show-mother-daughters-play-pass-parcel-115800586.html:
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see Was it Something I Said? on Friday? They quoted JK as saying he hasn't worn underwear for 20 years :eek: *vomit*

Way TMI :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Purple. wrote: »
    Did anyone see Was it Something I Said? on Friday? They quoted JK as saying he hasn't worn underwear for 20 years :eek: *vomit*

Way TMI :mad:

Did you have to? :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kyle has just said to a guest sit down and shut your mouth , or ,refering to his bodyguard he will make you do it ! this cant be right ,or even legal . Any one else see it? its on itv 2 now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyle has just said to a guest sit down and shut your mouth , or ,refering to his bodyguard he will make you do it ! this cant be right ,or even legal . Any one else see it? its on itv 2 now

Was this the guy with the big gob and the girl with the cropped top with CHIC on it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The guy was pretty vile in what he said about the girl he's lucky he didnt get a punch to the gob
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shouldnt really matter who it was surely . He shouldnt be threatening people
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shouldnt really matter who it was surely . He shouldnt be threatening people

I agree 100%. I saw the bit you mentioned, and it was truly nasty. How does Jeremy get away with this, implying he has the power to authorise...well, goodness knows what? The security guards are supposedly there to prevent the guests from getting out of control. But, increasingly often, Jeremy seems to use them to facilitate his bullying, summoning them up like a Bond villain's henchman to "Pick this piece of rubbish up and carry it off my stage."

It's especially horrible when he deliberately initiates some sort of confrontation so he can justify calling on the bodyguards. I remember one really unpleasant moment when he told a guest to stand up, and as soon as he obeyed, Jeremy said "No, don't threaten me, if you come any closer he [the security guard] will flatten you". It was completely uncalled for; the guy only stood up because Jeremy had told him to, but it created the illusion that the guest was being aggressive and the bodyguard was needed to intervene. Even worse is when he gets the security guard to loom menacingly over the guest while he peers over their shoulder and continues to taunt them, safe behind his human shield.

Occasionally you do hear the guests pointing out that the security guard hasn't actually got the right to do anything to them, but Jeremy just laughs. Horrible!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I totally agree cathryn . what sort of message does this send out to children watching !? I always brought my kids up to know that threatening and bullying is wrong . He sets himself up to be some paragon of virtue , with his i have 4 kids and because ive done this for 8 years nonsense and gets away with behaviour that could get him arrested in the real world . his ego knows no bounds , how does he get away with it ?