Cat howling/crying all night.

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    CRTHD wrote: »
    I've no idea what that is, but ours are certainly not nocturnal.

We have a cat-flap and the only time ours go out (at night) is for a quick toilet - no more than 2 mins.

I suspect the nocturnal thing comes from the habit of "putting the cat out for the night".

Ours just sleep, wake up, stretch, see if there's anything to eat, potter about, clean, sleep etc.

They like to lay in the garden when the sun's out, but other than that, would much rather be inside (unless we're outside).

lol it was meant to be Crepuscular no idea why my ipad changed it. stupid ipad.

it means most active at dawn and dusk.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Mine does this as well. Not just at night though, after she's eaten, been to the loo, wants someone up, when I am in the shower in the morning. It sounds like a baby crying and it can be really, really loud and painful to listen to.

My Mum suggested Feliway may help quieten her down, so I am going to give that a go because she is in perfect health.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I tap my cats tail when she really gets going - wonder what people think walking past the house. Today she sicked up a furball so we had the panicked ` i`m going to throw up` howl as well. As we are used to the different howls and screeches and what they mean we got her into the garden in the nick of time.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    moomsie wrote: »
    I tap my cats tail when she really gets going - wonder what people think walking past the house. Today she sicked up a furball so we had the panicked ` i`m going to throw up` howl as well. As we are used to the different howls and screeches and what they mean we got her into the garden in the nick of time.

Ah yes the " i`m going to throw up` howl", I know it well.:D