Passer-by kicks baby in stomach because she was crying

Noel CanardNoel Canard Posts: 562
Forum Member
✭✭
No words to describe this vile son of a ***** >:(
A one-year-old baby girl has been attacked in a York street.

Police said the girl was waiting at a crossing with her childminder and an assistant when she began to cry.

A man standing in front of her then turned around, walked towards the child and kicked her in the stomach..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-28974344

Comments

• killjoykilljoy Posts: 7,920
    Forum Member
    I think we will pretty soon find out just how many CCTV cameras there are in that area.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sounds like this man might be disabled. Worth mentioning before we are quick to judge.

not acceptable that a child was hurt though.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    sounds like this man might be disabled. Worth mentioning before we are quick to judge.

not acceptable that a child was hurt though.

Yeah, says he was with someone who immediately apologised and explained he had a behavioural condition. But no, not acceptable at all what happened.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says he has behavioural problems. They may mean he isn't safe to be in public but I wouldn't call him names.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    If his behavioural problems are that bad then perhaps he shouldn't be allowed out in public on his own.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Reminds me of this old Youtube clip where the Downs guy randomly kicks the little girl so the girl's father knocks him out.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds as though his "behavioural condition" whatever that may be, has caused him to be a danger to the public.
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I think the fact he has a behavioural condition should be taken into account because it's not exactly the same as the average grown man kicking a child in the stomach.

However I also think this indicates that the man should not have been out in public without a companion who could control him. From the sounds of things either the woman he was with wasn't prepared for a sudden change in behaviour or was unable to control him. If he can't be held 100% accountable for his actions because of his condition, someone else must accept some responsibility for his behaviour in my opinion.

All that aside, I hope the child is ok now!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Recreating kick the baby from South Park is never a good idea.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the sound of kids crying etc and sometimes i can feel a bit "wish someone would shut that brat up even if it requires a shotgun" but i'd never actually go around kicking the kid but sometime i do think about kicking the parent who's puffing on a **** while texting a friend ignoring the little one
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He obviously has underlying problems, but how awful for the child and parent
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    If his behavioural problems are that bad then perhaps he shouldn't be allowed out in public on his own.

He wasn't on his own. His minder failed in her duty. An unacceptable situation all round.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally someone takes action against the shrieking kids.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    He wasn't on his own. His minder failed in her duty. An unacceptable situation all round.

That would only apply if he had done something similar before.

Not on the same level, but I was once a volunteer in one of those pre-Christmas shopping nights, and was wheeling a very elderly lady into a shop when she said in an exceptionally loud and penetrating voice, "Not this one. Too many BLECKS in here." Luckily all she got was a muttered, "you should watch your mouth!" but from behind I was trying all kinds of dumb show "please let this go, she is obviously bonkers" mimes.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    It says he has behavioural problems. They may mean he isn't safe to be in public but I wouldn't call him names.

Its called care in the community. :(
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

'minder'. She was probably a support worker or case worker out to support him shopping or some such. She wouldnt be a body guard and would not be able to restrain him from doing such things. The best she can do is call the police

(is it a she, I havent read the article?)
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Cryolemon wrote: »

He wasn't on his own.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No words to describe this vile son of a ***** >:(

Obviously there is, as evidenced by you referring to him as a 'son of a bitch'.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Until he's safe to be in public, he needs to be held somewhere and given the right medication. He sounds like a really unstable character at the minute.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Until he's safe to be in public, he needs to be held somewhere and given the right medication. He sounds like a really unstable character at the minute.

Unfortunately a lot of people who are care in the community, shouldn't actually be in the community it's a stupid system
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most people these days don't have the time, patience or inclination to be understanding or sympathetic towards people like this man...it is easier to be angry at them and that is quite natural. We are not saints and it is becoming more and more common for people these days to be on the receiving end of trouble from people with behavioural and/or mental disorders. I am not the tolerant type either, the community should be protected from them.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of mentally ill, or people with mental health problems people cannot bear high pitched noises. If this is the case then ear plugs would be the best thing to do. If the person has mental comprehension then they are probably mortified they have done this, and it was (if it were noise) a instant reaction.
    I wonder if the vidio posted, the child was laughing or shrieking, as normally DS are not violent.

Sorry situation all round really. Hope the little one is OK.
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is quite shocking, the care in teh community system should work well, the issue is the MH services are so chronically underfunded and inpatient beds so few that when people reach crisis point, there really isn't much that can be done, short of putting the in prison (which is sadly where many people end up).

I literally told a CPN once that I was worried I was going kill someone, they just said call Samaritans or read a book to take my mind of it.
    Next day I was arrested for ABH and affray, I was very unwell at the time, even after arrest got no support, breached bail several times, and committed another violent offence. Luckily, I have an awesome solicitor and just got a curfew lol

Crazy isn't it? And that's coming from someone who has MH/behavioural issues and considerably empathy for others who do!
  • The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone kick my baby and I wouldn't be waiting for an explanation. I would smack him one.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Not relevant.
    He's not "disabled".
    He has a condition that renders him prone to kicking infants.
    If it were your child or grandchild would you be "making a;allowances" ?