Options

Anyone else think one of the big soaps should poach handsome Holby actor Joe McFadden

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNjE4MTIyNzM0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzcwNTMzMQ@@._V1_SY537_SX450_AL_.jpg

Plays Raf in Holby City,is a gorgeous heartthrob,good actor with a sexy scottish accent.

I think hed suit EastEnders,in part because EastEnders doesnt reflect enough the number of non native Londoners eg scots,welsh,northerners etc who live there but also at aged 35 hes the age of male the show is a bit short on.

But I think all 3 of the big soaps would be advised to poach this dishy scottish hunk:blush:

Comments

• Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's good, I liked his acting ever since Spark House.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    He's good, I liked his acting ever since Spark House.

Any particular soap you think hed be more suited too?
  • Options
    Kazz64Kazz64 Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    He played Natalie Robb (Moira Barton in Emmerdale)'s brother in the Scottish soap, (Take the) High Road a few years back.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any particular soap you think hed be more suited too?

I think he would fit well in EE or ED or even River City, I love the Scottish accent :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kazz64 wrote: »
    He played Natalie Robb (Moira Barton in Emmerdale)'s brother in the Scottish soap, (Take the) High Road a few years back.
    Thank you,I wasnt aware of that.
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I think he would fit well in EE or ED or even River City, I love the Scottish accent :p

Me too and I sense you salviate in excitement over the scottish accent like me:blush:

Holbys filmed at Elstree I think so he wouldnt have to change his life too much ,he will just have a bigger platform to be appreciated from:):D
  • Options
    babeloguebabelogue Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely! I've had a crush on him since he was in The Crow Road (fantastic four part series, by the way) back in 96. And not a bad actor at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    babelogue wrote: »
    Definitely! I've had a crush on him since he was in The Crow Road (fantastic four part series, by the way) back in 96. And not a bad actor at all.

Is he on twitter or instagram?It would be lovely if someone let him know all the compliments and adoration hes getting here for being so talented and dreamy:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he on twitter or instagram?It would be lovely if someone let him know all the compliments and adoration hes getting here for being so talented and dreamy:blush:

He's on Twitter, yep!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's on Twitter, yep!

So tempting:blush:

Any volunteers Please feel free to tweet the adorable Joe McFadden with this news:D
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

I didn't have a crush on him (I was more of an Uncle Rory girl myself :blush:) but Joe McFadden was *amazing* as Prentice in the Crow Road. God, I loved that series. I never figured out why he didn't become a bigger star after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't have a crush on him (I was more of an Uncle Rory girl myself :blush:) but Joe McFadden was *amazing* as Prentice in the Crow Road. God, I loved that series. I never figured out why he didn't become a bigger star after that.

Hes only 35 theres still time-one of the big soaps definitely should snap him up.Hes getting better with age:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Uncle Rory - Peter Capaldi if memory serves me? I agree Joe should've gone onto bigger things. I think he's worked quite steadily though, even if not really high profile stuff like he deserved.
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Uncle Rory - Peter Capaldi if memory serves me? I agree Joe should've gone onto bigger things. I think he's worked quite steadily though, even if not really high profile stuff like he deserved.

Absolutely Mr Capaldi! :cool: With flowing locks, on a motorbike, in leathers. Amazing.

I knew I'd seen Joe in loads of things over the years (he's always Prentice to me :blush:) but I dunno, he just seemed like bigger star material to me. But yep, there's still time, he's in his prime. :kitty:

Maybe he could get a part on Dr Who. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Absolutely Mr Capaldi! :cool: With flowing locks, on a motorbike, in leathers. Amazing.

I knew I'd seen Joe in loads of things over the years (he's always Prentice to me :blush:) but I dunno, he just seemed like bigger star material to me. But yep, there's still time, he's in his prime. :kitty:

Maybe he could get a part on Dr Who. :D

I think hes done theatre stuff also.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Yes McFadden has been in loads of things dating back to Take the High Road when he was a teenager, then The Crow Road, Heartbeat and a lot of theatre work. I love Holby City (though it is having a bad patch this season) so don't really want to lose decent, personable actors though Raf hasn't quite clicked for me - I think it is the storylines they've given him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he would fit in well in river city. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    he would fit in well in river city. :D

He would but I want him drinking in The WoolPack or The Queen Vic!:blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they wouldn't understand him in walford. you can't have anyone north of newport pagnell. :D
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I've not really been impressed with his acting in Holby. Well, most of the time it's been fine but on a few occasions I've actually found it comically poor. His crying scene after finding out about Amy's infidelity was beyond dire.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNjE4MTIyNzM0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzcwNTMzMQ@@._V1_SY537_SX450_AL_.jpg

Plays Raf in Holby City,is a gorgeous heartthrob,good actor with a sexy scottish accent.

I think hed suit EastEnders,in part because EastEnders doesnt reflect enough the number of non native Londoners eg scots,welsh,northerners etc who live there but also at aged 35 hes the age of male the show is a bit short on.

But I think all 3 of the big soaps would be advised to poach this dishy scottish hunk:blush:

He is gay in real life too, I saw him at Brighton Pride a few years back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    He is gay in real life too, I saw him at Brighton Pride a few years back.

Are you sure??Ive never heard that before.

Would be lovely if he was hes definitely my cup of tea:D:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    they wouldn't understand him in walford. you can't have anyone north of newport pagnell. :D

Vanessa Gold kept Zoe Luckers Yorkshire accent!

In real life Lindon has a fair few Mancs,Geordies,Scottish,Irish,Welsh,scousers,Yorkshiremen etc
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's 39 next month. :)

I remember him from Take the High Road - always liked him :blush:
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure??Ive never heard that before.

Would be lovely if he was hes definitely my cup of tea:D:blush:

Indeed he is.