Netflix on Sony devices from today.

2»

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    onephat wrote: »
    once signed up how do you add it to 2010 devices?

go to unblock-us and follow instructions for device, but make sure you've got a US Netflix account and not a UK account otherwise it will not work.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    You don't need to keep changing the IP all the time.
    Once you've input the DNS settings into the player all you need to do is change between Auto and Custom when you want to change between services.

i'm not sure it worked like that on my player. if i select 'custom', i entered the two DNS settings from here ..

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291560

.. each time to refresh the content to the US versions. i admit i might be completely dense as well ..
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    i'm not sure it worked like that on my player. if i select 'custom', i entered the two DNS settings from here ..

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291560

.. each time to refresh the content to the US versions. i admit i might be completely dense as well ..

When you've changed between Auto and Custom then you go to video or music selection press options then select update list.
    After the DNS has been stored in the memory then the whole process takes around 30-40 seconds to switch between the 2 lots of content.

P.S if you didn't already know then you also get the US content for Crackle which has 194 movies compared to our 36.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you've changed between Auto and Custom then you go to video or music selection press options then select update list.
    After the DNS has been stored in the memory then the whole process takes around 30-40 seconds to switch between the 2 lots of content.

P.S if you didn't already know then you also get the US content for Crackle which has 194 movies compared to our 36.

I'll give it a whirl, cheers :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

205 actually :D

Just sorted it - the DNS settings did save. I'm sure they hadn't done previously.

It might be because i'd gone back to my router settings and reset the settings and clicked on Internet Protocol 6 again.

Dunno. Anyway, it's working ok now. Need to work out a US Netflix account now, since i've already had one in the UK

Cheers for the info :)

*edit*

Woo! US Netflix sorted :)

*edit #2*

Just activated on my BluRay .. I may be some time :)
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I have Apple tv and when I changed over from UK to US the Apple store US wouldn't work for me and one other question how do I get a US Netflix account? Any help much appreciated. Thanks. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    one other question how do I get a US Netflix account? Any help much appreciated. Thanks. :)

start here for a US netflix account. i've just used this and it's worked fine - make sure you check your ZIP code is a real one as well.

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291505
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like I'll be ordering a Roku after all! ;)