Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• dollysiddollysid Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right off back to work, back later! :D
  • yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am feeling a lot happier today. Haven't turned on the printer or even tried the scanner today. Lots of lovely birthday cards to raise my spirits and I am off out to dinner tonight with the family.

Looking forward to hearing Kara is on the plane to Las Vegas. As you say BJgirl, Kara will have the opportunity to do warm up exercises with the other dancers and rehearse with her gorgeous boyfriend.
    Perhaps we will read a tweet from Bobby that he is going to Seattle. Presumably he still has a Green Card. Don't know whether rehearsals are regarded as work

Thank you Yungathart for your birthday wishes. Many years have passed since those photos were taken. Mind you I would hate to be that skinny now!

I wonder whether Artem has been telling Jared how much he is missing Kara. As they are great buddies he would be more forthcoming with Jared than some of the other dancers.

I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL MEAL TONIGHT . silversandy , and although you looked beautiful on the pics , I am sure that you still are , and there is nothing wrong with a few curves , thats what being a woman is all about , I was so skinny when skinny was not fashionable ,when I got married my hips were about same as my waist is now and my waist was about 18 /20 inches , more like my thighs now , : but my hairdresser boosted my ego yesterday when she told me I still had a lovely figure , of course she was fibbing , or slightly blind :D and the 6 stone I was after the birth of my son is more like 9 now , but I wouldn't like to be back at that now .

I suppose Robin still has his green card , do they have to work in USA for a certain time per year to be able to retain it , as some one said last year that Artem would have to go back so that he could keep his , I have I got it wrong ?
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    I HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL MEAL TONIGHT . silversandy , and although you looked beautiful on the pics , I am sure that you still are , and there is nothing wrong with a few curves , thats what being a woman is all about , I was so skinny when skinny was not fashionable ,when I got married my hips were about same as my waist is now and my waist was about 18 /20 inches , more like my thighs now , : but my hairdresser boosted my ego yesterday when she told me I still had a lovely figure , of course she was fibbing , or slightly blind :D and the 6 stone I was after the birth of my son is more like 9 now , but I wouldn't like to be back at that now .

I suppose Robin still has his green card , do they have to work in USA for a certain time per year to be able to retain it , as some one said last year that Artem would have to go back so that he could keep his , I have I got it wrong ?

You sound very slim now Yungathart. Wish I could say the same about me.

Maybe Robin now sees the UK as where he wants to live and work. I wonder what he will do when he stops dancing professionally. We know Ian, James and Ola all do teaching.

One of the guys on the twitpic looked like Dmitry. Not sure who the other one was. They certainly didn't look as though they were putting it on for the camera. I have heard of long distance runners sitting in a bath of ice. Hadn't thought about dancers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BJgirl wrote: »
    i know its awful being 35 isn't it i know, i have been it for at least 25 :D:D:[/QUOTE

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dollysid wrote: »
    [/B]

I was wondering if Jared was telling Kara to take care of Artem because the show is so intense. A couple of the male dancer tweeted a photo last night soaking their aching arms and legs in a huge ice bucket. One of them tweeted he had been to the hospital because he injured his foot. The injury rate amongst the pro's in these BTF type shows is high and the dancers get rotated a lot due to this.

Having seen some of the routines on vids I am not surprised , its very full on ,I understand the ice bucket is to help heal and refresh muscles recover , but anyone who has defrosted a freezer ,can verify its blooming painful , and mixing with cricketers as I do ,they assure me its what they dread after the game , . I had to empty a 16cubic ft ( that was full to the top ) chest freezer that had developed a faulty motor , while I was on holiday , and then refroze so that it was one huge block , for insurance purpose, listing and pricing , every item , which when thawed had started to decay , so when the first idea of letting everything thaw before doing it , had to be abandoned,due to stench , I switched it back on and battled with the ice , it was agony , even though we were having a heat wave at the time , and made about 15 trips to the tip with the car windows wide open , but i was having to wait each trip for my hands to thaw as well and get feeling back to them , so I have never understood the theory in the treatment . Poor chaps :eek:, I hope Artem does not get injured , he has been injured enough . Bless him .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am feeling a lot happier today. Haven't turned on the printer or even tried the scanner today. Lots of lovely birthday cards to raise my spirits and I am off out to dinner tonight with the family.

Looking forward to hearing Kara is on the plane to Las Vegas. As you say BJgirl, Kara will have the opportunity to do warm up exercises with the other dancers and rehearse with her gorgeous boyfriend.

Happy birthday, hope it is a good one, enjoy your meal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

I was wondering if Jared was telling Kara to take care of Artem because the show is so intense. A couple of the male dancer tweeted a photo last night soaking their aching arms and legs in a huge ice bucket. One of them tweeted he had been to the hospital because he injured his foot. The injury rate amongst the pro's in these BTF type shows is high and the dancers get rotated a lot due to this.
    You sound very slim now Yungathart. Wish I could say the same about me.

Maybe Robin now sees the UK as where he wants to live and work. I wonder what he will do when he stops dancing professionally. We know Ian, James and Ola all do teaching.

One of the guys on the twitpic looked like Dmitry. Not sure who the other one was. They certainly didn't look as though they were putting it on for the camera. I have heard of long distance runners sitting in a bath of ice. Hadn't thought about dancers.

The other one is Jay Mztuaileva , and am sure they are not faking ,it is agony honest ! I did have a choice emptying the freezer , whether to be in agony or die of die of typhoid :D, I chose agony , best of a bad choice .

If you remember Artem in the talk on the dance studiovid , he said that he did lots of teaching , as thats what we dancers do , teach ,teach ,teach . so when he said Kara was the best he had had upto then , it really did mean something .I felt that was upsetting for him when Holly was almost unco-operative , at the start of lastyears SCD. I hope when he finally finishes dancers he sets up a dance studio in the UK .

EDIT I die too many times .
  • denburn quinedenburn quine Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all. This sounds a little more promising , thank you Jared, a bit worried about the " Take good care of him " words ,do you think he was just being sociable or is Artem feeling neglected :cry:any way he is sure to feeel a lot happier , when his little Buba gets to him , whenever that is !!!!.

Kara looked beautiful last night , her hair did have blonde tips , but it didnt make her look washed out ,as it did before , after the Train film, she is certainly stepping up the glamour stakes , while her star is shinning above her , make the most of it Kara , to think she was in the doldrums two years ago , as she said no phone calls from show business, no offers ,!!! and then along came SCD and ARTEM , he says she is his lucky omen , but I think he has also beenYOU

Apologies for shortening your post yungatheart but you do make a very valid point in the above paragraph Because Kara has been so much in the limelight since s c d I for one and suspect a few others have forgotten how tough a two years she had out of the limelight . So all this exposure at the moment must be akin to winning the lottery well maybe not quite but you get the drift :)
    We are all so anxious for her to be with Artem its easy to loose sight of the fact that every photo opportunity is perhaps a job opportunity and the Sunday night exposure priceless .
    Artem did say in an interview that they were concentrating on their careers for the moment . and whilst we do get carried away with the sheer romance of it all I guess opportunities have to be grasped as they come along . Think they have accepted that there will be times when they are not to gether but still together :D

However having said all of the above I do hope she is soon on that plane and who knows what job opportunities might come along as she sits by the pool :)

Too many posts from me to day I am housebound too much time on my hands :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been out all day so catching up!
    First - Many Happy Returns silversandy. Enjoy your special evening.:):)
    Second - thank you Jared - I think he may be hinting that Artem is missing his buba - aw, as if we didn't know. Come on Kara get on that plane to Vegas.;);)
    Third - think Kara looked stunning in those photos. Amazing.:)
    Thanks to those who posted info. cos when you are out all day its nice to see & read lovely snippets.:)
    BTW BJ I will be doing my homework and suggesting dances for tour but think you could guess mine already. BR Jive with K&A would do for a start......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KAbell wrote: »
    Second - thank you Jared - I think he may be hinting that Artem is missing his buba - aw, as if we didn't know. Come on Kara get on that plane to Vegas.;);)
    Third - think Kara looked stunning in those photos. Amazing.:)
    Thanks to those who posted info. cos when you are out all day its nice to see & read lovely snippets.:)
    BTW BJ I will be doing my homework and suggesting dances for tour but think you could guess mine already. BR Jive with K&A would do for a start......

How about the AS without a certain person's comments .
  • AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading the UK Border Agency website, I think Artem is only allowed back in the UK two weeks before the start of his new contract. As for Kristina, I am surprised she hasn't applied to stay in the UK permanently as Joe's partner. A lot of people will be disappointed the show has been cancelled. On the plus side there will be other opportunities to see her dancing with Robin.

Couldnt Robin get another pro to stand in? Love Karas shoes.. Dress is great aswell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all. This sounds a little more promising , thank you Jared, a bit worried about the " Take good care of him " words ,do you think he was just being sociable or is Artem feeling neglected :cry:any way he is sure to feeel a lot happier , when his little Buba gets to him , whenever that is !!!!.

Kara looked beautiful last night , her hair did have blonde tips , but it didnt make her look washed out ,as it did before , after the Train film, she is certainly stepping up the glamour stakes , while her star is shinning above her , make the most of it Kara , to think she was in the doldrums two years ago , as she said no phone calls from show business, no offers ,!!! and then along came SCD and ARTEM , he says she is his lucky omen , but I think he has also beenYOU

Apologies for shortening your post yungatheart but you do make a very valid point in the above paragraph Because Kara has been so much in the limelight since s c d I for one and suspect a few others have forgotten how tough a two years she had out of the limelight . So all this exposure at the moment must be akin to winning the lottery well maybe not quite but you get the drift :)
    We are all so anxious for her to be with Artem its easy to loose sight of the fact that every photo opportunity is perhaps a job opportunity and the Sunday night exposure priceless .
    Artem did say in an interview that they were concentrating on their careers for the moment . and whilst we do get carried away with the sheer romance of it all I guess opportunities have to be grasped as they come along . Think they have accepted that there will be times when they are not to gether but still together :D

However having said all of the above I do hope she is soon on that plane and who knows what job opportunities might come along as she sits by the pool

Too many posts from me to day I am housebound too much time on my hands :eek:
    KAbell wrote: »
    Second - thank you Jared - I think he may be hinting that Artem is missing his buba - aw, as if we didn't know. Come on Kara get on that plane to Vegas.
    Third - think Kara looked stunning in those photos. Amazing.
    Thanks to those who posted info. cos when you are out all day its nice to see & read lovely snippets

I do so agree denburnquine , they do need to use everybit of good publicity, while they can , and they are relatively young in years , but some careers at the top level are sadly short , and i would think that a dancers is one of them , it takes ages to get known so you have to make the most of it while you can , but having said that couple who have married or stayed together have been successful, so that should not be such a hinderence to them , of course living in two differerent countries is quite a challenge ,but they do seem very level headed , and if they can survive and stay together in careers fraught with temptation , then that is the most important part of their lives , as fame dosn't keep you company and happy when you start to get older , that is where love comes into its own ,when the creases and lines, or you are losing your hair , are company for the rest of your lives , as they say Love is blind thank goodness. So there is a place for or should be a place for a permanent partner to be important and commit to .:)

How did I miss out the Jive , the BR jive in my choice , or do you think they are jinxed with a jive , ( Blackpool and Holly 's jive week ) KAbell,I would love to see Kara in place of Elena , she might not be as Jive correct but she would surely be less plastic or unreal as Elena . IMO.as for His Nibbs , I am sure he would enjoy it more with kara.:D:D:D
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    AmSalt12 wrote: »
    Couldnt Robin get another pro to stand in? Love Karas shoes.. Dress is great aswell.

I did wonder about that myself AmSalt. However if people have booked to see Kristina and Robin, they may have been a bit annoyed to see somebody else dancing instead of Kristina. Plus the fact Kristina and Robin are used to dancing together and have their evening of dance planned.

I am sure there are lots of Aliona fans who are longing to see her dance again. Let's hope she has got some work in the pipeline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry denburn quine , you mentioned you are housebound today , You are not ill or injured are you , i do hope not . hope that you are well any way , take care .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did wonder about that myself AmSalt. However if people have booked to see Kristina and Robin, they may have been a bit annoyed to see somebody else dancing instead of Kristina. Plus the fact Kristina and Robin are used to dancing together and have their evening of dance planned.

I am sure there are lots of Aliona fans who are longing to see her dance again. Let's hope she has got some work in the pipeline.

It does say on the Blackpool Tower web site , that Kristina has tweeted for people who have tickets to look at , that they can have their money back , or still go to see and listen to the organist and some other dancers probably backing dancers , or go free to see Pasha and somebody , and Darren and Lilia , but it wont be same will it .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    Lacey Schwimmer ‏

Reh this am hope everything goes well, so many injuries flying around! Time to stretch!
  • SMW1963SMW1963 Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wliag43 wrote: »
    2 tweets from Jared

@ktointon just missing you in Vegas, hope you have a great trip with @artemchigvintse. Take good care of him!

Great night with @AshleyGalvanS7 @D8Jordan @artemchigvintse @JManrara @jaymztuaileva @dmitry_ch @ryandilello @kylemassey1991 @anyagarnisla

Jared was in Vegas catching up with friends

Lovely surprise to see tweet from Jared,don't know how to take his comment Take good care of him!. Is Artem feeling a little neglected,maybe he thought like us Kara would be on the 1st available flight to LV:confused: Kara did not respond to his tweet the other day,re how much he was missing her.

Loved seeing all the pics of her in her LBD,yet again she looked elegant,sophisticated & stunning.

Just been reading about Kristina,I know someone who has tickets for her & bobby's show and they were staying over night in a hotel.Must give them a call.

Will feel alot happier when Kara goes to LV and spends some quality time with Artem:)
    Forum Member
    Starlight ‏

We're all very excited about the first ever West End performance of @TopHatOnStage with @_TomChambers in aid of @Starlightmagic tonight!

If Kara hasn't gone wonder if she will go to this
  • AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Happy Birthday to you for today. Hope you enjoy your evening. xx
    Ali Bastian stood in once before with Robin, but she is in Chicago on tour now so wouldnt be able to. Thats a shame they've had to cancel.
    Robi
  • dollysiddollysid Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having seen some of the routines on vids I am not surprised , its very full on ,I understand the ice bucket is to help heal and refresh muscles recover , but anyone who has defrosted a freezer ,can verify its blooming painful , and mixing with cricketers as I do ,they assure me its what they dread after the game , . I had to empty a 16cubic ft ( that was full to the top ) chest freezer that had developed a faulty motor , while I was on holiday , and then refroze so that it was one huge block , for insurance purpose, listing and pricing , every item , which when thawed had started to decay , so when the first idea of letting everything thaw before doing it , had to be abandoned,due to stench , I switched it back on and battled with the ice , it was agony , even though we were having a heat wave at the time , and made about 15 trips to the tip with the car windows wide open , but i was having to wait each trip for my hands to thaw as well and get feeling back to them , so I have never understood the theory in the treatment . Poor chaps :eek:, I hope Artem does not get injured , he has been injured enough . Bless him .

Oh yungathart you've made me rock with laughter reading this, you are funny x :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SMW1963 wrote: »
    Lovely surprise to see tweet from Jared,don't know how to take his comment Take good care of him!. Is Artem feeling a little neglected,maybe he thought like us Kara would be on the 1st available flight to LV:confused: Kara did not respond to his tweet the other day,re how much he was missing her.

Loved seeing all the pics of her in her LBD,yet again she looked elegant,sophisticated & stunning.

Just been reading about Kristina,I know someone who has tickets for her & bobby's show and they were staying over night in a hotel.Must give them a call.

That will be a shame for them as they will still be liable for hotel booking .:eek:

Kara may not of tweeted back to Artems tweet , but they will for sure be in touch by phone and most likely by Skype as well, He was not tweeting her personally but just sending a tweet to all of us ,on twitter. I have a feeling that she will know exactly how he feels without her;).:D

Tv is on and Joe Swash is on the programme I flicked on to , It may appear snobbish but how could there be ever any competition to Artem:eek:
    Forum Member
    BJgirl wrote: »
    Starlight ‏

We're all very excited about the first ever West End performance of @TopHatOnStage with @_TomChambers in aid of @Starlightmagic tonight!

If Kara hasn't gone wonder if she will go to this

Brendan and Zoe Cole are going
    Forum Member
    Inanch London ‏

Kara Tointon looking absolutely gorgeous with her new shades of blonde @GreatLengthsUK hair extensions applied by Inanch today x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yungathart you've made me rock with laughter reading this, you are funny x :D

Dollysid , I am so pleased I made you laugh . It was a case of the Ice woman cometh , or as I have said a little later today , Be in agony or die of Typhoid, the first seemed the least horrendious .;)

Edit .It was worth it though as I got a cheque for £ 397 in payment of Gone Orrrrrfff food
  • denburn quinedenburn quine Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry denburn quine , you mentioned you are housebound today , You are not ill or injured are you , i do hope not . hope that you are well any way , take care .

Good points in your post re mine MY family have all had a viral thing and it eventually caught up with me Tuesday ..Coughing for Britain and not the worlds best patient
This discussion has been closed.