Options

Praise Three !

nodnolnodnol Posts: 651
Forum Member
✭✭
I've noticed a few other ds 3 users very happy with 3.

Well I am too. Apart from the couple of problems in the past like call dropping, crap handsets etc. But im happy with them now.
So I've started this thread for anyone who wishes to praise three!
Please no ' 3 bashing ' here. Praise only.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    3 is great the services especially mucsic ive got the 7600 wat u got?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm happy with 3 now also, had 4 NEC e313's and all 4 reset themselves, so today i got a Motorola A835, a big advantage over my "faulty" Nokia 7250i (has 2 intermittent problems, volume control doesn't always work and headset sometimes isn't recognized as being plugged in) :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    when 3 comes to Ireland in [whitch it is in the next few months] i will start praising it but until then nothing from me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    I would like to praise 3.... I have had the NEC e606, the NEC e616 and now I have the Nokia 7600. I have never had any real problems with 3 and have used my phones in Europe as well. Have to say the coverage and content has improved over there first 18 months aswell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See three are improving then. I only joined a few months back, so didnt experience any of the things I've read about.

More praise ?
  • Options
    RatinhoRatinho Posts: 5,129
    Forum Member
    Yep, I have to praise too. Shedloads of minutes for £25 a month, and now only £10 for all video/music/sport/film except top shelf, which I can only imagine hairy palmed old men using anyway.

Never get cut off anymore, and I intend to get hold of the Motorola A1000 in the next month or so, to complete my 3 experience. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    into my second month now with 3 and still very happy!! struggled to use my 750 minutes!!!! I have the LG8120 and am well pleased with it, my only complaint is battery life, i have to charge every other day! Would be nice if they release a firmware update which improved it!
  • Options
    lalalandlalaland Posts: 11,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last! A thread for people who can see past the trend of bashing three, often without even trying it.

As you may have seen from my posts, I have been defending Three for some time. I didn't think I would be when I first started using them about 14 months back with my NEC piece of crap, but the last 6 months or so have seen some massive improvements from Three.

I now have the A1000 on Three and things just get better and better.

I have also noticed that call dropping and poor signals were symptoms of my NEC handset. When I moved to the 7600 (bought on Threepay) the calls didn't drop and my signal improved.

Ms Lalaland bought an LG and her signal was better than that 7600 even in the same places, next to each other!

Now I have the A1000 it gets a decent signal in places that my 7600 didn't quite manage it. So it seems that different handsets do have better abilities with signals.

If you don't end up with the NEC handsets or early motorolas then Three is an excellent network.

Calls dropping and lack of signal are a thing of the past and I even spend most of my time in a 3G area now too, even when travelling about!

The value for money is excellent and no other network seems to want to match them.

Well done Three
    And well done those of you that gave them a chance, it's obviously paid off for you :D
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "And well done those of you that gave them a chance, it's obviously paid off for you"

Yes and No.

Third chance here and it still has to be a secondary service due to call dropping. Now before we get into that "this new phone is better etc...." I've had 3 different makes/models in 18 months and that's cost 3 a small fortune to subsidise - its unrealitic to expect anyone to buy every new handset released just to see if it's any better.

I shall not be relying on 3 100% anytime soon and will use my current handset to make cross network leisure calls (cheaper than BT) and will upgrade my old GSM handset to a new 3G one soon on an integrated UK network. That is more expensive I know but where I live it is the only safe bet if you want reliable mobile communication.

Lots of folks I know feel the same way about 3 and some are more generous than others towards them. The explanation seems to be that they are quite greatful for their cheap high spec handsets and appear happy to put up with a lower quality of service for the price. Fair enough....bit someday I am hoping they get their netwok sorted to work properly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "And well done those of you that gave them a chance, it's obviously paid off for you"

Yes and No.

Third chance here and it still has to be a secondary service due to call dropping. Now before we get into that "this new phone is better etc...." I've had 3 different makes/models in 18 months and that's cost 3 a small fortune to subsidise - its unrealitic to expect anyone to buy every new handset released just to see if it's any better.

I shall not be relying on 3 100% anytime soon and will use my current handset to make cross network leisure calls (cheaper than BT) and will upgrade my old GSM handset to a new 3G one soon on an integrated UK network. That is more expensive I know but where I live it is the only safe bet if you want reliable mobile communication.

Lots of folks I know feel the same way about 3 and some are more generous than others towards them. The explanation seems to be that they are quite greatful for their cheap high spec handsets and appear happy to put up with a lower quality of service for the price. Fair enough....bit someday I am hoping they get their netwok sorted to work properly.

Thats the thing wavejock, I believe they will get their network sorted eventually. Remember Orange, they were a bag of crap when they 1st came out.

I had an orange contract, cant remember which phone though, and I could call my mate in USA, but couldnt call my mate down the road on a different network.! Network configuration problems they said, and took 3 months to sort.
    Now they are probably one of the best(Isaid probably!)

lalaland,
    A thread for people who can see past the trend of bashing three, often without even trying it.
    Couldnt agree with you more. I have read almost all of your posts on 3, and see you are an avid 3 defender, good fella. I just thought it was about time we gave them a chance.
    Not everything will go right, and I know 18 months is a long time to get things sorted, but stick with them and I believe they will be market leaders in 3g technology. They've just had a bad start. Heap more praise DS members.............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nodnol wrote:
    I have read almost all of your posts on 3, and see you are an avid 3 defender
    They deserve it.

Take a look at my comments regarding Pipex in the DSL section and you will see that I definately post what I mean when a service sucks the big one, unlike Three, so you know that they have pleased me to get this sort of posting in their favour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They deserve it.
    Thats why I started this thread........I have slated other companys big time too.
    Credit where its due too.....more praise anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this isn't "Three Bashing" because i like them :)

but check this post out in the 3 section of the CBFMobile.com Boards... this was posted after i said that i had just got the Motorola A835.
    Originally posted by Ben
    Oh for the love of god.

1) You said you were done with 3.
    2) The Moto A835 is an OLD OLD 3 phone, and everyone hates it!

they hate 3 on CBFMobile, it means that if more people go on 3, less people download tones from them....

that guy needs to get his facts straight, the Motorola A835 isn't "OLD OLD" it only came out last year, secondly, yes it is more sturdy than the NEC's (that guy had NEC's and had bad experiences with them, so he automatically hates 3)...

Yes, i've had 4 NEC e313's and all 4 reset themselves... But did i give up on Three, like he did? NO! i went and got a different phone because i like the network... Three are like the only network i get on with (apart from O2, for the free texts and GPRS), but if i had a choice of Three & O2, i'd take Three any day :)

CBFMobile members are always "Three Bashing" except one, who is sick and tired of their carrying on, and that one person, is me... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm.....just took a look at that site, and all they do is bash......none of that on this thread!!!!!!!!
    Although I am slightly confused by the this post.....is this your post ben ?
    Three UK are not a good network and you do get what you pay for. It's easy to be happy with a service when it costs you a fraction of what the competition charge, but with Three's outsourced customer support you'll be in a right mess when things go wrong.

More praise.......more more.....!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nodnol wrote:
    Hmmmm.....just took a look at that site, and all they do is bash......none of that on this thread!!!!!!!!
    Although I am slightly confused by the this post.....is this your post ben ?

More praise.......more more.....!

i dont make posts like that, so it's not me, if it's a Ben without the 1900 on the end, it's not me, if it's "TheAnnihilator" on those boards, then it's me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok cool mate, you can see where I was going with it then....

More praise.....more praise.........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nodnol wrote:
    Ok cool mate, you can see where I was going with it then....

More praise.....more praise.........

yes, more praise :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats with the begging for praise?

If 3 deserve it then folks will post stuff.... they do for 02, Orange, Vodafone, T-Mobile and the rest... it'll happen if/when they actually mange to get the product/service to an acceptable service level rather than something that is a third rate cheap and nasty unreliable product that some feel happy to endorse just because they got a function rich handset for nothing (or next to nothing).

Praise is fine.... it'll happen naturally without prompting when the product is worthy of it... for now that doe'snt appear to be happening for 3 because its quite different in terms of service from all the other mobile telcos. One day when they accept the fact that mobile communications are now a 'taken for granted' service and that they have a pubilc service responsibility seriously and some public services trust them enough to use them, they might be worth considering as a primary network of choice... until then they remain the cheap and unrelaible alternative network for those more intereted in price than quality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rather than something that is a third rate cheap and nasty unreliable product that some feel happy to endorse just because they got a function rich handset for nothing (or next to nothing).
    wavejockglw, we have already seen over many threads on here recently that more and more people are discovering that Three actually works perfectly well and it's also appearing more and more that you appear to be in a poor reception area.

I have problems when in Scotland with Three, but I did with anything other than T Mobile.

The rest of the UK has a great signal for Three as I have seen from my travelling about.

I think you unfairly brand Three and the ever growing number of happy users is at last showing the true story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been dropping calls for me all day (as usual)! My 2G contract expires this month and despite having just taken out a new contract with 3 (again) I will have to get another phone with another company to avoid the embarrassment of having to apologise and constantly call folks back!

I have just had a difficult week with a family berevemnet and can say with some dissapointment that nobody should ever allow themselves to be left in the hands of 3 when they need to be kept in touch and informed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been dropping calls for me all day (as usual)! My 2G contract expires this month and despite having just taken out a new contract with 3 (again) I will have to get another phone with another company to avoid the embarrassment of having to apologise and constantly call folks back!

I have just had a difficult week with a family berevemnet and can say with some dissapointment that nobody should ever allow themselves to be left in the hands of 3 when they need to be kept in touch and informed.
    wavejockglw, firstly let me say that I am sorry to hear of your loss.

On the subject of Three, why on earth have you just renewed a contract with them if you are unhappy with the service?? :confused:

And I think that you are incorrect saying that people shouldn't be left in the hands of Three when needing to be kept in touch, it works perfectly for me in personal and business use. It also does the same for my work colleagues, some family members, friends and even other posters on DS!

I am starting to think that maybe you work for some company against Three and your job is to put customers off their service?

Why would someone that hates them as much as you appear to (see your other posts as well as these), that complains so much about them, go for another contract with them??

It does not make sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear..... the hidden motive theory!

Sorry to dissapoint but I have no connection with telephone companies.

Anyway, as I have stated I have been with 3 since June 2003 and as someone interested in new technology I have been keen to try the service and have upgraded 3 times to try and obtain a decent level of service. I did that by buying a threepay handset to see out my first contact but despite all the on-line assurances it faired no better than the first.

My latest contract is a bit of a hit and hope, costs next to nothing but its annoying that some folks insist that 3's product is now fabulous and trouble free when where I reside its anything but. Its better for sure but sadly not that much better and that fact relegates its use to a secondary device to offset mobile call charges on my BT line, clearly not what a mobile phone was designed to do.

In this area of Scotland I have friends with similar problems with LG's, Motorolas and NEC's. Some have moved on, others grin and bear it but they all suffer a service that is less dependable than what they previously had with older networks.

Hopefully, one day 3 will get the quality of network service right then I'll really be able to benefit from the savings they offer where I stay but for now I have to struggle by with it as a landline saver for leisure use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear..... the hidden motive theory!
    Hey, it's possible:D
    My latest contract is a bit of a hit and hope, costs next to nothing but its annoying that some folks insist that 3's product is now fabulous and trouble free when where I reside its anything but.
    As I stated before wavelockglw, down here it's fine. I even admitted I had problems when in Scotland, but not the rest of the UK.

I listed the places I had travelled to recently in England and Wales that had no problems at all. I also stated that the motorways were also fine for me too.

You then stated that Three use different technology in Scotland and I suggested at the time that maybe the problems you mention are Scotland specific?

It certainly seems this way.

If this is the case then maybe it's unfair to brand Three with such a bad set of posts?

Like I said in the past, Voda is crap around my area and almost useless, but I don't slag them off as I accept they don't cover here to well. In Scotland I could use T Mobile fine, but Three was pants. Again I accept that T Mobile cover Scotland well, but Three don't.

All networks in the UK have different areas that they cover better than others and it would appear that Three cover England (and the parts of Wales that I was in recently) better than Scotland at the moment.

Three is an excellent service as far as I and the other England dwelling people that I know are concerned (we are all over England), but if I was in Scotland then maybe my view would be different. Ms Lalaland's family mainly come from Scotland and we will be up there again during some point of the January / February so I will test Three again and see if any thing's changed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavejock, I hear what your saying about 3, but cant you just leave a thread alone!

I too am now starting to believe you work for some sort of anti 3 brigade, because just about every single thread you post in about 3 is negative. I started this thread for people like myself who now actually like 3, and can see the potential. Rome was not built in a day.

Coverage for me is now almost 100 % in my area, I havent had a dropped call for ages, 3g services work most of the time too.Even when I called the cc they answered in less than a minute, and judging by the amount of noise & chatter going on in the background they have increased the number of operators in India.

Like lalaland says, it may be Scotland specific.

If you dont like 3, then cancel your contract and dont use them.
    More and more of my friends are now switching to 3, because for value it just cant be beaten on minutes. Maybe some will think that we compromise quality over value, but what the hell, things can only get better.
    So..............more praise?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    I've had NO problems what so ever with my LG U8120 - talk & text 600.

The next mobile i get will be another LG on 3, or it looks likely anyway.