Peter_GazzardPeter_Gazzard Posts: 759
Forum Member
✭✭
usually good but surpassed herself tonight IMO

Comments

• bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely enjoyed her in this episode much more than usual. She was a little wooden in Friday's C4 ep but thought she much better in the E4/Consent episode.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has grown on me so much in the last few months. Couldn't stand the character when she first started, but she's coming into her own. Works surprisingly well with Freddie, who I actually don't mind now. He's a lot more watchable around Ellie than he ever was around Sinead and Lindsey.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,642
    Forum Member
    I find the actors who play Ellie and (especially) Freddie to be sadly lacking, and certainly not up to carrying such an important storyline.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    `She has really grown on me.
  • Louis_BradyLouis_Brady Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    I find the actors who play Ellie and (especially) Freddie to be sadly lacking, and certainly not up to carrying such an important storyline.
    I thought I'd agree with you, but she surprised me in last night's episode. Sophie performance was subtle yet effective and hopefully she continues in this fashion.
    I couldn't stand her at the start though, probably because Porley kept doing that annoying smirk in every scene regardless of the content and Clapham is obviously as awful as ever.
  • .exe.exe Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't rate Ellie and would probably be more likely to invest in the storyline if it was a different character
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She definitely stepped up to the plate last night. The duration of the story will determine whether she's got what it takes to delivery a storyline like this. A good start so far and i think a story like this will enable the actress to really prove herself. I do think nightingales on a whole, are a very competent bunch, with the exception of the actress who plays Marnie.

I do find Freddie a lot more bearable with Ellie but I roll my eyes when Kirkwood tries to sell them as some sort of power couple that we're meant to love. They're really not that great. Jade/Alfie and Nancy/Darren are far superior. I couldn't care less if Freddie got hit by a bus tomorrow. 🙄