What did you buy today: Beauty & Hair Products

Comments

• Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NUBO is being sold at Harrods for 100 +
    TK maxx have it for 24.99. I bought the night recharge be really weary
    its awful. Had I paid the 100 pounds I would be gutted. Its sticky just sits on top of the skin
    basically useless to use at night because it drags the skin when you hit the pillow.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Kerastase Nutri Thermique heat protection. I've used a lot but this is the very best imho.

Organic coconut oil
    Amla oil
    Moroccan oil (pure)
    Avocado oil
    Strawberry seed oil

By Terry Cellular Rose Blush

Perricone Face finishing moisturiser
  • Options
    Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I know amla oil is good but can you stand the smell? Too acidic for my taste.

Just looked up Perricone Face finishing moisturiser. It sounds really good, look forward to reading what you think about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lin4237 wrote: »
    I know amla oil is good but can you stand the smell? Too acidic for my taste.

Just looked up Perricone Face finishing moisturiser. It sounds really good, look forward to reading what you think about it.

Amla oil is very strong, I couldn't keep it in my hair. I remember when I first tried it a few years ago, I put some on my ends and went to work - big mistake I could smell it for the whole day! Nowadays I'll leave it in my hair overnight as a pre shampoo treatment then wash it out the next day. I'll put up with the smell of this and Argan because they are so good for the hair. Only when I'm not going out that day though! :D

I've used the Perricone moisturiser for years; it's lovely suits my skin very well and it's an excellent base for make up. My skin feels hydrated for the whole day when I use it.

I've just purchased the Elemis TSV on QVC; ridiculously good value. In fact I probably should get a few more; would make good Christmas presents.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Lushness. Just bought some frankincense essential oil, I love the smell. I'm going to add it to water to make a mist spray for the really hot summer nights that might be coming!
  • Options
    MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Amla oil is very strong, I couldn't keep it in my hair. I remember when I first tried it a few years ago, I put some on my ends and went to work - big mistake I could smell it for the whole day! Nowadays I'll leave it in my hair overnight as a pre shampoo treatment then wash it out the next day. I'll put up with the smell of this and Argan because they are so good for the hair. Only when I'm not going out that day though! :D

I've used the Perricone moisturiser for years; it's lovely suits my skin very well and it's an excellent base for make up. My skin feels hydrated for the whole day when I use it.

I've just purchased the Elemis TSV on QVC; ridiculously good value. In fact I probably should get a few more; would make good Christmas presents.
    I bought the Elemis tsv too, I'm looking forward to trying out the cleansing balm, but it will just have to wait it's turn.... Need to work my way through the backlog of other products, I'm a sucker for a tsv, especially when it's on easy pay!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bought a small bottle of frankincense essential oil because I've been reading that it will lighten age spots - anyone had any experience with this oil? I am currently trying it on the backs of my hands where I have freckles/age spots. Will take photo as today is day 1 will look again in 7 days & take photo and if there is an improvement I will post here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't quite buy this, my mum bought it for me; Givenchy Dahlia Davin Le Nectar perfume. It's divine! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lin4237 wrote: »
    I bought a small bottle of frankincense essential oil because I've been reading that it will lighten age spots - anyone had any experience with this oil? I am currently trying it on the backs of my hands where I have freckles/age spots. Will take photo as today is day 1 will look again in 7 days & take photo and if there is an improvement I will post here.

Didn't work!
  • Options
    Helen_AdamsHelen_Adams Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Today I ordered deluxe extensions for my new hairstyle. I chose russian natural blond hair 'cos it is known around the world for its flawless look. My hairdresser helped to choose the right color. I'll have my bithday party soon and I want to look gorgeous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In NY currently so I thought I would treat myself to some products that I can't buy back home.

Went to Sephora and picked up Madam CJ Walker deep conditioner and the leave in cream.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had another splurge in Sephora, well my mum did, I was like :eek: at the bill.

I bought Drybar Hot Toddy Blowout cream, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream and my mum bought me Madam CJ Scalp Exfoliator and the Pre Protein Treatment.

No more products for a while now! :blush:
  • Options
    Face_AcheFace_Ache Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just brought a new contouring palette plus this site has a sale on at the moment.

http://eu.feelunique.com/p/NYX-Highlight-Contour-Pro-Palette-16-2g

It's a great consistancy and no outrageous colours that match nobodies skin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Based on the ingredients in my Monsia Skincare I bought shea butter, jojoba oil, and vit E oil to replenish stocks to make my hand & body cream and aloe vera gel to mix with rice flour for my face scrub.
  • Options
    StrawberrySwingStrawberrySwing Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    My mother-in-law's birthday's coming up so I've just ordered her a gardening themed pamper set http://www.findmeagift.co.uk/gifts/gardeners-pamper-set.html

Fingers crossed she likes it! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My mother-in-law's birthday's coming up so I've just ordered her a gardening themed pamper set http://www.findmeagift.co.uk/gifts/gardeners-pamper-set.html

Fingers crossed she likes it! :)

My DIL got me this when she was over here in April and I love it. I am also a gardening nut!
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I received a Molton Brown set, of 3 large shower gels, a hand wash, and a hand lotion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I lasted nearly a month! :D

I ordered and just received Caruso Steam rollers. These are amazing; they make big beautiful curls and curl the hair through steam rather than heat so they're so much better for your hair. The curls last for days and gives a lot of body.

Best purchase for a while
  • Options
    Frazer_YoungFrazer_Young Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Today, I bought a bottle of Joop Homme aftershave from Asda. People tell me that it smells nice on me, even though I don't really agree, but maybe they are right. I am still trying to find the ultimate aftershave, though. A lot of of them either smell rank on me, or they don't last for long on my skin. I think I have worked out that expensive aftershaves do smell a bit nicer on me than really cheap ones, though. I guess that the clue to that is in the price. I do have a soft spot for Old Spice and Jovan Musk, though, lol.
  • Options
    Jamie_SinclairJamie_Sinclair Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I bought a lipstick called syruptitious from beauty bakerie http://www.cocktailcosmetics.co.uk/brand/beauty-bakerie super cute colour and an anti aging serum for my mum called wrinkles away after trying it on Sunday bloody amazing! literally works in minutes :cool:
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hylamide Face Serum - my absolute favourite and it's £10 off at the moment :)

http://www.boots.com/en/Hylamide-SubQ-Anti-Age-Advanced-Serum-30ml_1672230/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bought sandalwood powder & rose water to make a face mask
  • Options
    katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect Formula nail treament set arrived from QVC today I have a vertical split at the top of my thumbnail I'm sure it was caused by constant pushing my pills out of a very strong bubble pack It can never be "cured" so I hope this set will help to stop the nail catching and tearing accidentally which would be very painful.
  • Options
    gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this same problem on my middle finger of my right hand. It is so awkward. I have been trying to fix it on a tempory basis with a small piece of v thin tissue and nail glue.
    OPI nail envy is good for other nails but no effect on this.
  • Options
    julicovajulicova Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I just purchased Aveda's Be Curly shampoo and conditioner. Bit of a departure for me as I have always tried to deny my curls. My hair has gone through so much - over bleached hi-lights and some terrible box home dyes. I am now trying to embrace what I have and non-straw like hair.
    Leaving the colour for the moment and concentrating on health of hair :)