Hit series poised to kill off star

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DariaM wrote: »
    Mark Harmon has participated within a range of series throughout his career, including St Elsewhere, and despite the success of NCIS, am not sure whether could be considered typecast.

Despite his earlier work, he'll always be seen as Gibbs now - mainly due to the massive ratings the show gets in the states.

Look at the trailer for one of only three films he's made since NCIS started in 2003 .. do you think Gibbs or not ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqv5BWN4US8
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toffee Guy wrote: »
    Really? Kim's not the main star of Hawaii Five-O, both Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan are bigger stars.

He might not be the main actor for the show but he's one of them, and he's more well known. He's got a bigger name than both of them, so he's the bigger star. It doesn't matter that Alex and Scott are the primary characters, just which actor is bigger.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be a simpson character? Maybe nancy? The guy who plays moe?
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could it be Madison Stowe from Revenge. Her character Victoria is wearing a bit stale now and killing her off in Season 3 would be a wonderful shocker.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Could it be Madison Stowe from Revenge. Her character Victoria is wearing a bit stale now and killing her off in Season 3 would be a wonderful shocker.

It's Madeleine stowe, and I doubt it, as she isn't male (which the article says)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Update! The show in question is not on ABC, CBS or NBC.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/29/arrow-spoilers-oliver-felicity-romance-season-2-ask-ausiello/

*The link has a few spoilers from other shows too. Just a warning :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    still leaves Andrew Lincoln in the running. And the states has just started airing Strike Back the origins (the one he was in) maybe a deal behind the scenes just to push his profile a little higher...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or no one has mentioned Jon Hamm... he's fairly big these days... and its coming up to the last season of Mad Men but to kill him off early season would be a massive twist...

Brody is too easy...will it really be that much of a plot twist if he dies?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I woukd be shocked and amazed if andrew Lincoln left the walking dead for another show. He is by far the biggest star on that show and without him it would be a big problem.

What shows and stations does it leave? Fox? Tmc?
  • bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Update! The show in question is not on ABC, CBS or NBC.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/29/arrow-spoilers-oliver-felicity-romance-season-2-ask-ausiello/

*The link has a few spoilers from other shows too. Just a warning :)

Are you sure you don't already know who the star is and the show and this is just a spoiler thread?
    I think you do,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that leaves Fox, the CW, AMC, HBO and Showtime.

I'm still thinking Brody on Homeland, but that seems obvious.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    bingbong wrote: »
    Are you sure you don't already know who the star is and the show and this is just a spoiler thread?
    I think you do,

:confused: I don't know which character will die. Nobody really knows, sure i have a theory. I just thought it would be a bit of fun to guess.
    Congrats on being the first spoil sport comment though. Yeah! for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When will we find out? Did I read ep 6? So if its the walking deads andrew lincoln then around 2-3weeks?
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if it were Andrew Lincoln. The Walking Dead is going from strength to strength and he's the clear lead character. Seems weird to leave now, especially with most of the original cast gone.

My initial reaction was Patrick Dempsey which would have sucked, so I'm really glad at the "not on ABC" update.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they say hour long, do they mean the show is an hour long or would that be including adverts? if it is the show that is an hour long, then what about somebody like Steve Buscemi in Boardwalk Empire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    When they say hour long, do they mean the show is an hour long or would that be including adverts? if it is the show that is an hour long, then what about somebody like Steve Buscemi in Boardwalk Empire.
    Generally hour long refers to something that normally airs in a 60 minute slot, so would include both shows with and without adverts...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »

Good shout with buscemi. Whens it gunna all happen?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Someone from Keeping Up With The Kardashians ? :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I can't see it being Buscemi, he IS Boardwalk Empire, it'd kill the show.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leemuir wrote: »
    Someone from Keeping Up With The Kardashians ? :P

They said big-time actor, not human waste of skin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    They said big-time actor, not human waste of skin.

Oh no you didn't.
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling it's "Brody" from Homeland-Damien Lewis..but, I don't want it to happen though. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nollaig79 wrote: »
    I have a feeling it's "Brody" from Homeland-Damien Lewis..but, I don't want it to happen though. :o

He is the only standout star thqt it could possibly be, that saying where woukd it leave homeland?
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is the only standout star thqt it could possibly be, that saying where woukd it leave homeland?

Hopefully getting interesting again instead of treading water. I think heading in a new direction would be good for the show and for the actor - who pretty much stated in an interview on This Morning a few weeks ago that Brody could be killed off at any moment.

He was sufficiently general for it not to be a spoiler but given this claim then it fits pretty well with what he said,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully getting interesting again instead of treading water. I think heading in a new direction would be good for the show and for the actor - who pretty much stated in an interview on This Morning a few weeks ago that Brody could be killed off at any moment.

He was sufficiently general for it not to be a spoiler but given this claim then it fits pretty well with what he said,

Id be intrigued to know what type of role this new show would hold for him. Deffo not a comedy. Would he play a brit? Id much rather it be him than andrew lincoln who makes the walking dead his own.