Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still not convinced Columbia did everything they could for "Black Magic".

Where was the radio deals? ^_^
  • Options
    Stardust11Stardust11 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I couldnt care less about sales being mediocre with a masterpiece like Move, Id choose quality all day every day

Amen!

As long as their sales are good enough to ensure they still have a record deal and can keep making music, that'll do me.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being in the US, I want to have them be making enough to enable them to have some sort of touring presence over here, even if its not Madison Square Garden proportions. In fact based on how they were received on this trip, I would say some sort of touring is really important as the public seems very interested more in them, if not their music (as opposed to "here for the song, not for the artist"). That sort of flies in the face of the radio non support, but like I always point out, Pentatonix had a million seller album and tours Europe, and has nothing on the radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point. It would be nice for them to do a US tour, particularly for the fans that wanted to see them last time round (before it was cancelled). I'm sure a small theatre tour wouldn't be out of the question? It's not like their complete unknowns in the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Nissl has pointed out repeatedly, 20,000 tickets were sold before the event was yanked, and that was 3 months before the shows were to happen too. I think they could sell that amount at the very least.

When they made their Miami appearance in the mall, people were driving from other states to see them.

Maybe the shows won't be the spectacular they wanted to bring, but they could certainly just show up and sing and the fans would be happy.
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Nissl has pointed out repeatedly, 20,000 tickets were sold before the event was yanked, and that was 3 months before the shows were to happen too. I think they could sell that amount at the very least.

When they made their Miami appearance in the mall, people were driving from other states to see them.

Maybe the shows won't be the spectacular they wanted to bring, but they could certainly just show up and sing and the fans would be happy.

That was in 2013 though lol. When they had hype and a solid fanbase in the US. It's 2015 and they've lost a lot of their initial audience.

I think they could do a few shows in some states, that's it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was in 2013 though lol. When they had hype and a solid fanbase in the US. It's 2015 and they've lost a lot of their initial audience.

I'm not so sure. I think we might be positively surprised by their album sales. We'll have to see.
  • Options
    Jay_MartinJay_Martin Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Damn Some annoying negativity by some 'fans'.? I can't tell.. Well I can say I picked them to follow because they are incredible talented , I love alternative music but LM just captivated me, these girls are real artist that stay true to make the music they love and them as an artist, I couldn't care less for a U.S. 'Hit' to please the haters, Quality & artistry will always come first than generic trash mainstream music.

Having said this, they were close to make BM a U.S. hit but they left, so they could have made more, them and Columbia, maybe now they realize their mistake of leaving too soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay_Martin wrote: »
    maybe now they realize their mistake of leaving too soon.

This has now happened 3 times consecutively. Either the girls, Columbia or all of them are not learning. Once is a mistake, 3 times is a habit.

I agree on the rest of your post though.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really care if they have a US hit either, but even in terms of their overall exposure, I think some of their single choices have been weak, and now the wider public acts surprised when they realised that they can actually sing. Songs like Wings and Black Magic are fun and silly, but they made them appear quite baby-ish and immature, whereas songs like Case Closed, Pretend It's OK, Towers, Competition and Boy could've perhaps given them more credibility sooner, especially as R&B singers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Buzzjack: Black Magic is #26 and Love Me Like You is #27 in today's midweeks.

I don't particularly care what genre LM choose to do, as long as its more melodic. I am not one for "they need to work with Producer ABC" because I think they need to work with more tuneful songwriters. The producer can polish up the song later, but let the tunesmiths do their thing. I've sometimes felt the offerings on the album tracks don't give the girls a good enough showcase for their vocals (particularly the ballads), which I have been thoroughly enjoying with these 2 recent singles.

I wouldn't even care if they went for something that wasn't pure Pop or RnB for the next album. As long as the tune is there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    48 hours

Black Magic
    Little Mix

Black Magic
    Little Mix

Little Mix
    Love Me Like You (Official Video)

Love Me Like You (Official Video)
    Little Mix

Move
    Little Mix

LMLY has been locked into #14 today. Streaming isnt rising fast at all, its #54.
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say do a 15-20 date US leg of the tour in the U.S and play House of Blues style venues. They can still set a nice enough stage and put on a performance and it would keep the U.S. Fan base they currently have solidified.
  • Options
    OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See they haven't been booked for the jingle ball
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I say do a 15-20 date US leg of the tour in the U.S and play House of Blues style venues. They can still set a nice enough stage and put on a performance and it would keep the U.S. Fan base they currently have solidified.

Really? In what States? I don't see then selling enough to do that many dates. That's too ambitious and one of the reasons they cancelled in the first place.

The US cancellation last year hurt them bad. Black Magic becoming a hit could have turned things around but it hasn't really. They may have sparked up interest with new listeners but not enough for tour sales.
    See they haven't been booked for the jingle ball

That's not surprising. Most of the line up have all had Top 20 hits this summer.

The Weeknd, Selena Gomez, Fifth Harmony, Calvin Harris, Demi Lovato, 5 Seconds of Summer, Hailee Steinfeld.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    God Ashley we could do well without all the negativity
  • Options
    ea95ea95 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not surprising. Most of the line up have all had Top 20 hits this summer.

The Weeknd, Selena Gomez, Fifth Harmony, Calvin Harris, Demi Lovato, 5 Seconds of Summer, Hailee Steinfeld.

Or maybe they aren't looking to be in the US around Christmas time? Nice to see how much you believe in them
  • Options
    ea95ea95 Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9Q1vLngA8

This interview has reminded me how humble these girls are and how hardworking they must be. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and it's annoying how quick some of us as outsiders are to bash on them without knowing what's really going on. I'm not saying we should co-sign everytime they do something wrong but they obviously have goals they want to achieve and they know it will take time, so let them have that time and learn from their mistakes.
  • Options
    xhannahlongxxhannahlongx Posts: 5,620
    Forum Member
    God Ashley we could do well without all the negativity

Thought the same!
  • Options
    xhannahlongxxhannahlongx Posts: 5,620
    Forum Member
    Fans spotted them outside radio 1 today so guessing they are promoting. Reckon radio 1 will add it to their playlist when its next updated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ea95 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9Q1vLngA8

This interview has reminded me how humble these girls are and how hardworking they must be. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and it's annoying how quick some of us as outsiders are to bash on them without knowing what's really going on. I'm not saying we should co-sign everytime they do something wrong but they obviously have goals they want to achieve and they know it will take time, so let them have that time and learn from their mistakes.

I watched this yesterday and I agree. Lovely interview. I loved LA's reaction when talking about the "solo projects" question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stardust11 wrote: »
    I watched this yesterday and I agree. Lovely interview. I loved LA's reaction when talking about the "solo projects" question.

This comment. :D

Ashley Crystal
    When are you going to have your solo career? Little mix: (offended) Excuse me???? Fifth harmony: ASAP!!! One direction: We weren't planning on doing anything solo until that cheating ****er left! I'm so sorry but I had to
    16 hours ago

Swedish Idol on Oct. 9 and then its off to Australia to promote LMLY. Does that mean Idol is the last tv performance of Black Magic?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? In what States? I don't see then selling enough to do that many dates. That's too ambitious and one of the reasons they cancelled in the first place.

"I'll take that for $500 Alex."

San Francisco
    Sacramento
    LA
    Phoenix
    Dallas
    Miami
    Washington DC
    New Tork city
    Boston
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Those for sure. They have consistently drawn people each time they came and they have radio support. I would add Cincinnati or St. Louis to relieve some dedicated Midwesterners, maybe New Orleans and San Antonio and San Diego. For some reason they've ignored Seattle but its a happening urban center (all those Microsoft people) so they shouldnt keep ignoring it.
  • Options
    Stacey_MoleStacey_Mole Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    This comment. :D

Ashley Crystal
    When are you going to have your solo career? Little mix: (offended) Excuse me???? Fifth harmony: ASAP!!! One direction: We weren't planning on doing anything solo until that cheating ****er left! I'm so sorry but I had to
    16 hours ago

From a LM fan's perspective, who in LM is interesting or appealing enough to the public (on their own) that solo careers would be a viable option for them to consider right now? Is there one? I suspect that you are literally dealing with a group package here who know that their best bet to success is *with* the group. Must be nice for the fans.

No shade. I just think that groups are not the same and if members of LM actually had the solo option and were being offered lucrative things on their own, their answer to that interview question *may* have been more hesitant. Speculation. I think it's nice that they are so together though. Their strong point over other groups is that they are very united and have a clear common goal. They'll be around for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nathan Sykes is one of the openers for Little Mix in Ireland.
This discussion has been closed.