Options

Last call - Who do you think gets the 12th Doctor role?

Comments

• Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris O'Dowd tweeted this about 12 hrs ago
    has anyone seen my scarf? #WinkWink

• Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Rigby's odds are shortening now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read a interview that "Richard Armitage" gave back in May 2013.

One of the questions was "What other character would he like to play etc", this is his answer:

Richard Armitage: Oh I can’t tell you! But put it like this: if it comes through, the fans will be pleased! They’ll be pleased, but it may not happen, so…

To me he would tick all the right boxes in oh so many ways:

He's not to young or old.

can do brooding very well and also comedy.

I also think they have finished filming "The Hobbit" completely very recently so he's free.

Here's hoping
  • Options
    cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Really hope that it's not Daniel Rigby.
  • Options
    Jon McManamyJon McManamy Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    jude007 wrote: »

One of the questions was "What other character would he like to play etc", this is his answer:

Richard Armitage: Oh I can’t tell you! But put it like this: if it comes through, the fans will be pleased! They’ll be pleased, but it may not happen, so…

I also think they have finished filming "The Hobbit" completely very recently so he's free.

Here's hoping

He would be very good, Interestingly if he got the role then both Doctor Who leads would've been in Captain America
  • Options
    GillrayGillray Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Bone wrote: »
    Folks,

Don't want to worry anyone but somebody called 'Freddie Fox' (brother of Emilia Fox apparently) has just shot up the betting odds and is now at 12/1 looks like he didn't feature at all until today.

He's only 24 and appears to be pretty unknown.

No worries from me, was one of my favourite choices for the role previously. Talented actor and has a range - has been different in everything I've seen him in. Can do dark well. Also has a distinctive look, kind of a Bowiesque - Man Who Fell to Earth quality. Physically very different from Matt Smith as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as the actor can *be* Dr Who, I don't mind. I'd be very happy if it was Peter Capaldi, or Idris Elba or most of the other names mentioned so far (Freddie Fox would be interesting). I do think this is a good chance for them to pick someone completely different to previous Drs. I'd love for there to be a woman Dr (Jessica Hynes or Olivia Colman would be good), but I doubt they'll pick a woman just yet.

Like I said, as long as the actor can play the part, it's all good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    It won't be but again would put in Bryan Dick for my wish! Has been in a few Hollywood films in small parts so people would 'recognise' his face and would be amazing. I imagine his Torchwood past would put paid to that though...
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a huge fan of Peter Capaldi, my hopes lie with him. I saw him on stage in the Ladykillers as well as on TV, and I think he would be terrific as the next Dr Who.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lildeakin wrote: »
    It won't be but again would put in Bryan Dick for my wish! Has been in a few Hollywood films in small parts so people would 'recognise' his face and would be amazing. I imagine his Torchwood past would put paid to that though...

Coincedentally he played Ernie Wise to Daniel Rigby's Eric Morecambe
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

True and worked with Tennant on Blackpool
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

Much like Matt Smith was mysteriously in the BBC rumour articles pre-announcement from nowhere, Chiwetel Ejiofor is given prominence beyond his odds there.

They wouldn't make the same mistake twice, surely? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

I know and did a great job. Rigby was brilliant but it's a lot harder to play the straight man! I've been a fan for a good while now and would be v happy if he was announced as the successor!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    True and worked with Tennant on Blackpool

Kind of where I discovered him actually....
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    I would be happy with any of the main contenders or whoever they cast safe in the knowledge it isn't going to be people like Alan Davis/Stephen Fry/Eddie Izzard and the likes.

As much as I like Daniel Rigby, and wouldn't be bothered if he is picked, I rather hope we get an 'older' Doctor instead this time.
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I'd be really happy with Rigby, too.

The BT ads are irritating, true, but he was good in Black Mirror, and truly outstanding as Morcambe. And he could bring Rebecca Knightwith him to be a companion.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously it needs to be a good actor but I think there's much more to it than just that.

It's got to be someone who has good rapport and chemistry with Jenna (I would suspect she was involved in the audition process) since there must be a good spark between Doctor and companion.

It's got to be someone the BBC suits consider marketable because Doctor Who is one of their biggest commercial products.

It's got to be someone (imo) who can cope with the parts that are beyond the role itself. Someone who can go to the likes of Comic Con and be totally comfortable there.

I would be surprised if they didn't go for a young-ish man (25-40) who is reasonable looking. Just think the BBC suits would have a fit otherwise!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »

Here's hoping

I came on here to say Phillip Glenister but then I read the above. Richard Arimitage all the way! phwoor.

I'd like a darker, slightly sinister doctor and he could so do that as well as being down right fit to look at.
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    The BBC may be keen to cast a name familiar across the pond (The Radio Times said). The BBC may have hired a big name to warrant such a fanfare of a reveal. (The Radio Times said). The actor is already working on projects.

There are only three names it could be:
    Ben Daniels
    Peter Capaldi or (I'm still saying it's him): Chris O'Dowd. He's certainly a big name. He's certainly known in America and he's currently working on other projects.

Ben Daniels isn't that well known IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pac_girl wrote: »
    I came on here to say Phillip Glenister but then I read the above. Richard Arimitage all the way! phwoor.

I'd like a darker, slightly sinister doctor and he could so do that as well as being down right fit to look at.

:)

Going to be disappointed now, if its not him.
  • Options
    PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Just stuck a fiver on Daniel Rigby at 5/1 with Hills, don't want him - prefer Capaldi, but he's odds on with some other bookmakers.
  • Options
    stocklenstocklen Posts: 4,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But a 'big name' will surely not hang around for long. One or two seasons if we are lucky.

Isnt it better to ave someone who will stick around for a while?

Although Matt has done 3 series, it hardly seems like he has just begun!

Id like a bit of longevity instead of a 'big name' who will not be around for long.
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    I would be happy with any of the main contenders or whoever they cast safe in the knowledge it isn't going to be people like Alan Davis/Stephen Fry/Eddie Izzard and the likes..

Be nice to have someone older than me! ;) (48)
  • Options
    prof_traversprof_travers Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Hmm, "Houdini" huh - that would be "Harry Houdini". Therefore the new Doctor is ....

Harry Hill !

with the Badger Parade as his assistants.
    :eek:
    Time for a follically challenged Doctor.;)