Options

Molly Maid

c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm looking at getting a cleaning service, as to be honest I'm a bit lazy where cleaning is concerned. I do the basics, but only when I have to.
I've seen these Molly Maid cars about, and looked them up on the web, but have seen they don't charge an hourly charge, but instead base their price on the service tailored to the clients requirements.

Has anyone used Molly Maid?
What was their pricing like for the job they do?
Are they any good and would you recommend them?

I would be happy to hear of your experiences with this service.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking at getting a cleaning service, as to be honest I'm a bit lazy where cleaning is concerned. I do the basics, but only when I have to.
    I've seen these Molly Maid cars about, and looked them up on the web, but have seen they don't charge an hourly charge, but instead base their price on the service tailored to the clients requirements.

Has anyone used Molly Maid?
    What was their pricing like for the job they do?
    Are they any good and would you recommend them?

I would be happy to hear of your experiences with this service.

Yes, I had a cleaner in my last house, and when she let me down I got a quote from them. My usual cleaner charged me £22 for a fortnightly clean of a 5-bedroomed house (not all rooms, mind). The same clean Molly Maid tried to quote £150!
  • Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    Yes, I had a cleaner in my last house, and when she let me down I got a quote from them. My usual cleaner charged me £22 for a fortnightly clean of a 5-bedroomed house (not all rooms, mind). The same clean Molly Maid tried to quote £150!

Do you mean she comes in once every 2 weeks?
    Blimey, you must be well tidy because I had mine come in twice a week cos I was that messy!!

And I paid her £10 per hour.

OP I prefered the flexibility of hiring your own cleaner, you can ask them to do ad hoc jobs as and when you need (like cleaning the oven - my pet hate) and they do tend to be cheaper , although for me I also preferred the idea that she was getting a decent rate all for herself and not having a company take a share.
    Obviously you will need to do or your checks or get a recommendation but I still think it was worth it to get back those hours you would otherwise be slaving away on chores.

Oh how I missed those days :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wench wrote: »
    Do you mean she comes in once every 2 weeks?
    Blimey, you must be well tidy because I had mine come in twice a week cos I was that messy!!

And I paid her £10 per hour.

OP I prefered the flexibility of hiring your own cleaner, you can ask them to do ad hoc jobs as and when you need (like cleaning the oven - my pet hate) and they do tend to be cheaper , although for me I also preferred the idea that she was getting a decent rate all for herself and not having a company take a share.
    Obviously you will need to do or your checks or get a recommendation but I still think it was worth it to get back those hours you would otherwise be slaving away on chores.

Oh how I missed those days :(

Yep, the house I was in was rather minimalist so it seemed criminal to mess it up too much :)

Now, it's a different story. And yet I'd do well to give the place a good clean once a month :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We use Daily poppins which are similar and I love them! They aren't massively cheap but unlike having your own cleaner they bring all their own stuff so you don't have to buy any products.

They are like a whirlwind - you also don't have to worry about insurance etc and they will do extra jobs if you discuss with the manager too.

You could always call and chat to them and give it a go ; )