Why do Atheist care what god thinks of them when they when they reject him?

Comments

• grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david_kenn wrote: »
    Athiest always look at the passages of the bible or quran that talks about them and criticize for god not showing mercy or kindness to them and call god is not just in their description. My question is why would you care what god thinks and will do to you when you die, you don't believe in a creator, you reject and slander him and throw many abuse at him, do you think god would reward you for slandering him and rejecting him? if any child who gets abandoned by their parent, do you expect that child to forgive their parents and parent would not face any form of backlash from it? please give objective reasoning why do you care what god will do in the next life if you reject him.

You're confusing the criticism of what theists say they're god has said or done, with some sort of emotional attachment to an entity they don't believe in.

Plus a bit of Pascal's Wager for good luck.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So god giving the message to people with evidence is considered a blackmail. Like saying my science teacher blackmailed me into accepting earth is round lol

Nope. It's considered to be people being under the mistaken illusion that a deity is communicating with them.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    Rowdy wrote: »
    Here we go....

Go where exactly? I wanna go to Disneyland. Is it Disneyland?
  • david_kenndavid_kenn Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. It's considered to be people being under the mistaken illusion that a deity is communicating with them.

Its comes from observing the world around you, and question how did they come about, it didn't just come about without a divine intervention. Humans did not just pop out of a womb of an ocean but there was something that designed them, created them in earthly minerals that combined together to design our DNA.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats the tv programme most watched by dead people ?
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    please give objective reasoning why do you care what god will do in the next life if you reject him.

Objectively, I don't care becuase god/gods don't actually exist and there isn't a next life. I have not "rejected him" as "he" is not real. (p.s. if you truly beleive then you really ought to be putting that G and H in capital letters.)

Also, on your other point about why athiests get angry is because your type insist on getting up in our faces with phrases like "have you rejected Him" and "you're gonna burn in hell without God" which gets us on the defensive as you people are continually sneering at us like your imaginary freind makes you better. Well He doesn't, in fact many of the worst things on the planet are done in the name of religion or God, so don't come here telling me He exists or that He is good. If He does exists then He's at the very least incompetent for allowing His planet to descend into such a mess or hatred, war and inequality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm being asked why I read the bible and worry about going to hell.

I had to read the bible at school and I don't worry about going to hell on account of it being pretendy.

Hope that helps :confused:
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its comes from observing the world around you, and question how did they come about, it didn't just come about without a divine intervention. Humans did not just pop out of a womb of an ocean.

I take it you know nothing about evolution? You need to learn about this before you argue with atheists.

Atheists don't believe such a thing as 'humans just popping out of a womb in the ocean' as you put it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pickwick wrote: »
    ...are we the parents and God the child in that attempt at an analogy?

I have no idea what's going on any more.

No, God is "Our Father (who art in heaven)" and all that...
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So god giving the message to people with evidence is considered a blackmail. Like saying my science teacher blackmailed me into accepting earth is round lol

Your science teacher didn't threaten you with Hell if you didn't believe what they said

Religious texts however do work this way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    I take it you know nothing about evolution? You need to learn about this before you argue with atheists.

Atheists don't believe such a thing as humans just popping out of a womb in the ocean.

I know a lot about evolution and many of the scientist and palentologist confess to lack of evidence, forgery, not one fossils giving a water weight argument to their claims, manipulating text books to brainwashe people. That's evolution for you, if fossils can't prove it, they come up with another theory, its a blind belief that no amount of non-evidence convinces anyone to be a fairy tale, y phrases like "there must be other explaination". It was only proposed because christians were against science previously, so the theory was to feed people on anti-christianity. It wasn't proposed because it was a fact.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I don't understand: why do you care about what atheists think if you've rejected atheism? Judging by your previous post you also reject the scientific method.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hold on a minute, the earth is round? I thought the bible said it was flat. Now i'm confused.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a lot about evolution and many of the scientist and palentologist confess to lack of evidence, forgery, not one fossils giving a water weight argument to their claims, manipulating text books to brainwashe people. That's evolution for you, if fossils can't prove it, they come up with another theory, its a blind belief that no amount of non-evidence convinces anyone to be a fairy tale, y phrases like "there must be other explaination". It was only proposed because christians were against science previously, so the theory was to feed people on anti-christianity. It wasn't proposed because it was a fact.

What a load of rubbish.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Objectively, I don't care becuase god/gods don't actually exist and there isn't a next life. I have not "rejected him" as "he" is not real. (p.s. if you truly beleive then you really ought to be putting that G and H in capital letters.)

Also, on your other point about why athiests get angry is because your type insist on getting up in our faces with phrases like "have you rejected Him" and "you're gonna burn in hell without God" which gets us on the defensive as you people are continually sneering at us like your imaginary freind makes you better. Well He doesn't, in fact many of the worst things on the planet are done in the name of religion or God, so don't come here telling me He exists or that He is good. If He does exists then He's at the very least incompetent for allowing His planet to descend into such a mess or hatred, war and inequality.

Also in answer to the OP, athiests "slander" god because if you read what he is actually does in the various holy books you cant help but conclude he is a childish, murderous, violent, self-centred, egomaniac arsehole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish.
    With the greatest of respect that post really does sound like absolute conspiracist tosh.
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I think we should have more water weight arguments.

No, that was mean. I apologize.:(
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    I know a lot about evolution.

Obviously
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    What a silly loaded question! All from the point of a religious person looking at an atheist.

"WE" don't worry about what God thinks of us as there is no God!

"WE" haven't rejected 'Him' at all as there isn't anyone or anything to reject.

This is because the religious have never in all of history proved anything to suggest that such a God exists.

So it's all the religious people fault for not backing up their nonsense bogus claim.

But this thread is typical of the religious: They start from a point that there is in fact a God, arrogantly don't think that any of that needs to be backed up and then have the nerve to have a go at people who have not been conned into this farce.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish.

I don't wanna hurt you by posting the quotes, many of them being high evolutionary authority who confess to the lack of evidence.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whoah!

You're against evolution becuase it requires "blind beleif" with "no proof".

And your religion is based on one single book written you don't know when by you don't know who with countless edits and revisions and translations over the centuries?

Seriously? Do you not see the irony overload there?

Even if evolution was a faith system (which is an interesting debate in itself) then at least you have to respect other people's choice to have a different faith to your own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't wanna hurt you by posting the quotes, many of them being high evolutionary authority who confess to the lack of evidence.:p
    Please post the quotes. You won't hurt us unless the pain caused by one's sides splitting counts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You won't. I'm an athiest and don't believe in any higher power so don't give a monkeys.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    Whoah!

You're against evolution becuase it requires "blind beleif" with "no proof".

And your religion is based on one single book written you don't know when by you don't know who with countless edits and revisions and translations over the centuries?

Seriously? Do you not see the irony overload there?

Even if evolution was a faith system (which is an interesting debate in itself) then at least you have to respect other people's choice to have a different faith to your own.

im against it because of lack of evidence, Darwinist call it absence of evidence. Its funny there isn't a transitional fossil, some of the so called transitional fossils they say they discovered only account to 5% and even with that, the transitional form doesn't show any significant difference in form, its putting an assumption on evidence that isn't really there.
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Greatest-Show-Earth-Evolution/dp/055277524X

You're welcome.
This discussion has been closed.